Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Will Will Handel or Ossoff???
Ossoff Wins 13 18.84%
Handel Wins 56 81.16%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 12:08 PM

989 posts, read 2,498,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Reality show Hosts
I am sure you have other accomplishments than "troll"? A successful billion-dollar businessman may not be one of them, but I am sure there are other things...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 12:18 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
I am sure you have other accomplishments than "troll"? A successful billion-dollar businessman may not be one of them, but I am sure there are other things...
Lol....didn't find my humor to your liking, eh?

Oh well, I'm sure you took the time to review my posting history..before you came to your conclusion.

It was a cheap shot...too easy. But sometimes, the low hanging fruit tastes good also.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:00 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Default OSSOFF VS HANDEL who will win !

I have no idea , but it would be interesting to see how the forum votes vs the District?

Old 06-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I have no idea , but it would be interesting to see how the forum votes vs the District?
I say he loses by 1,000 to 3,000 votes.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:22 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That's the kind of ad that will cost one an election. It does nothing for the base which is in the bag already and turns off the only part of the electorate that matters, independents. Handel knows that and that is why she denounced it in strong terms.
That looks like the type of commercial someone from the POC subforum would make.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:59 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
From the Hill:

Flash flood warnings complicate turnout

4:25 p.m. (EST)

The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning that will impact some of the largely Democratic portions of the Georgia congressional district.

That flood warning largely cuts across the southern part of the district in DeKalb County, a Democratic stronghold that's key to Ossoff's path to victory. It also includes parts of Fulton and Cobb Counties, which are more Republican, but appears to be affect the Democratic areas most heavily.

The warning, issued at 1:11 p.m., will last through 7:15 p.m., just after the vast majority of polls close.

It's unclear how this will effect the turnout, but it can't be a welcome development for the Ossoff camp.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:06 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,927 times
Divine intervention.........?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
From the Hill:

The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning that will impact some of the largely Democratic portions of the Georgia congressional district.

That flood warning largely cuts across the southern part of the district in DeKalb County, a Democratic stronghold that's key to Ossoff's path to victory. It also includes parts of Fulton and Cobb Counties, which are more Republican, but appears to be affect the Democratic areas most heavily.

The warning, issued at 1:11 p.m., will last through 7:15 p.m., just after the vast majority of polls close.

It's unclear how this will effect the turnout, but it can't be a welcome development for the Ossoff camp.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:07 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
I heard there was record spending, what is the breakdown by party?

I know the dems have been throwing a ton of money around looking for a win lately and even Hillary outspent Trump by about 2-1.

They're really looking for something to point to, so I heard 50mil spent and am wondering if it's 50/50 or 80/20?

Secondly, I have to shake my head at the people crowing about polls and how their candidate is going to win. Didn't you learn anything from the Presidential election? All you're accomplishing with that is to possibly lower your own candidates turnout because "you got it in the bag". This applies to anyone regardless of party or election year.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:08 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
From the Hill:

Uh oh, maybe the Russians hacked the weather.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:11 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I heard there was record spending, what is the breakdown by party?

I know the dems have been throwing a ton of money around looking for a win lately and even Hillary outspent Trump by about 2-1.

They're really looking for something to point to, so I heard 50mil spent and am wondering if it's 50/50 or 80/20?

Secondly, I have to shake my head at the people crowing about polls and how their candidate is going to win. Didn't you learn anything from the Presidential election? All you're accomplishing with that is to possibly lower your own candidates turnout because "you got it in the bag". This applies to anyone regardless of party or election year.
pretty sure the polls are very close, the dems have not won there since 1970s is my understanding so if they win it is very strong indeed.

remember when picking for cabinets both sides always try to pick from safe seats so as not to lose any....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections