Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:10 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Considering the rather low level of discourse there has been on this forum the past few months, do you think your decision to engage in such childish namecalling as a moderator encourages the trollish behavior of certain posters on here?
Because I called Obama PollyObama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 09:13 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Not necessarily.

Older folks are more set in their ways, and less open-minded, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

It does tend to stifle innovation. This was even noted by the Brilliant Albert Einstein.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:44 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,855,821 times
We're not the ones that put Bush into office, that's all I'll say for this topic...

Old 03-12-2008, 01:09 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,293,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
We're not the ones that put Bush into office, that's all I'll say for this topic...

Amen.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:00 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times
Quote:
amen again!

Old 03-13-2008, 01:23 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,005,884 times
This has been on of the lamest threads on this forum. Reading all the post all they way through. I am in college and have many friends from all walks of life. I have to agree with the OP for one more than half of my friends are voting for Obama because they like him. Yet like a lot (not all or most) they have no idea why. They rarely know his TRUE stance on a single issue. I get he is going to pull out our troops. Well we know that is not going to happen so i ask them to name another. No ans. I have a close friend that is very well informed and he is voting for Obama. He does not even like him. He just likes him more than the other two.

Ill be voting this election. Because the young men and women that are over their fighting for my right to do so (& only for that reason since all three seem like a poor choice vote). I do realize that i have a lot of learning ahead. For who ever said ill take a a young idealistic over a old jaded seem to have backwards thinking. The way my generation is the prime example of SHEEPLES and are very naive.

They can have their inspiration and when it falles through and they are delivered nothing they to will be wiser and jaded.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:39 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,457,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Not bitter at all actually. I made a great living during the Clinton years and am enjoying motherhood in my 40's. I'm just a bit wiser than to support Mr. PollyObama.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:43 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,457,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Considering the rather low level of discourse there has been on this forum the past few months, do you think your decision to engage in such childish name calling as a moderator encourages the trollish behavior of certain posters on here?
.. Hmmmmm. I thought it was funny...
It is no different than Hillbilly or any other slang term being used.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:51 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,684,019 times
Come and sing a simple song of freedom...Bobby Darin
BobbyDarin.net:Simple Song of Freedom

Old 03-13-2008, 04:14 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,042,932 times
Quote:
I beg to differ a bit.
There are young folks in favor of the Iraq war, and Bush.

Chicken Hawk Republicans
Maybe these college kids did not vote for Bush, but their parents and older sibs probably did, and these kids will likely follow the party line in the fall.
I think the youth vote probably reflects its elders more than we would like to think.
Of course there are many younger people who might chafe against the conservative restraints of the older generation--but not all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections