Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 04:39 AM

464 posts, read 660,752 times

Advertisements

2008 Presidential Election

Obama is the quintessential corporate candidate. All you suckers who think he really stands for change, you are just that, suckers. All Obama does is prove the maxim that there is a sucker born every day. BTW, Clinton is the same and so is McCain.

In case you're keeping score:

Gold:$980 (52% 1-year increase)
Silver: $20.30 (60% 1-year increase)
Euro-Dollar:0.6418 (All time low)
Oil: $109 (All time record)
US Debt: $9.4 Trillion
US Unfunded Liabilities: $57 Trillion

Why don't you focus on REAL issues instead of the meaningless crud that goes on here.

Last edited by daminos; 03-13-2008 at 04:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 05:56 PM

Default Update

Gold: $995 (53% 1 year increase)
Silver: $20.60 (62% 1 year increase)
Euro-Dollar: 0.6396 (All time record)
Oil: $110 (All time record)
US Debt: $9.4 Trillion
US Unfunded Liabilities: $57 Trillion

Suckers.....after the first term of Obama's Presidency we will:

1) Still be in Iraq
2) US Debt will be $14 Trillion
3) US Unfunded Liabilities will be $80 Trillion

But I bet you're going to continue with meaningless gibberish.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:32 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,796,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daminos View Post
2008 Presidential Election

Obama is the quintessential corporate candidate. All you suckers who think he really stands for change, you are just that, suckers. All Obama does is prove the maxim that there is a sucker born every day. BTW, Clinton is the same and so is McCain.
Yeah, yeah. Everyone sucks. Hey, did you read the website you linked to? It tells how they get at those numbers:

METHODOLOGY: The totals on these charts are calculated from PAC contributions and contributions from individuals giving more than $200, as reported to the Federal Election Commission. Individual contributions are generally categorized based on the donor's occupation/employer, although individuals may be classified instead as ideological donors if they've given more than $200 to an ideological PAC.

So that makes me a corporate donor in the computers/internet industry. I'm going to call my folks and give them the news that I am a corporate donor to the Obama campaign!

99% of Obama's money comes from individual contributions from people like me. When you give a donation, the campaign is required by law to ask you what industry you work in. If you give more than a $200 donation, you get on the corporate donor list under whatever heading they assign according to your job.

2008 Presidential Election: Barack Obama Campaign Money

Old 03-14-2008, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I'm going to call my folks and give them the news that I am a corporate donor to the Obama campaign!
This link explains how the "individual" donations are in large part "bundled" donations by corporate interests.

Democratic Underground - OBAMA’S CORPORATE CASH AND POLICY NEXUS - Democratic Underground

It is a common trick, and not exclusive to Obama. Obama is a corporate candidate and we won't be out of Iraq or out of NAFTA as Obama has stated. He has already back-peddled on both of these "promises".

The only difference between Obama and Clinton and McCain is that we already know that Clinton (Rose Law Firm) and McCain (Keating 5) are sleaze-bags. The suckers supporting Obama still think he is something new.

Gold: $997
Silver: $20.61
Oil: $110

Old 03-14-2008, 06:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Wait until the independent funds start running their ads in the genral election.Its going to be crazy this year.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:57 PM

403 posts, read 749,108 times
1) Well, I doubt the money I give is part of any corporation.

2)Why the hell should we withdraw from NAFTA?

3) ok. I hate to say this but I am tired of people attacking bush and every other politican for this but the fact is that there is nothing they can do about the oil price. Most of it is driven by supply, demand and world conflict(oh, i don't know......like iraq war, terror attacks and etc). Unless of course you are thinking of oil subsidy? Hawaii did something like this and it didn't work(what a surprise).

Old 03-14-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post
1) ok. I hate to say this but I am tired of people attacking bush and every other politican for this but the fact is that there is nothing they can do about the oil price.
I suggest you do your homework and figure out that the current price of oil, in dollars, is largely a result of the devaluation of the dollar caused by the massive expansion of the money supply resulting from the Federal Reserve bailing out the banks, at your and my expense. There is a lot that can be done but only if Americans pull their heads out of where the sun-dont-shine.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:30 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
I knew I should have jumped on gold last year. Damn!

Old 03-15-2008, 02:59 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daminos View Post
I suggest you do your homework and figure out that the current price of oil, in dollars, is largely a result of the devaluation of the dollar caused by the massive expansion of the money supply resulting from the Federal Reserve bailing out the banks, at your and my expense. There is a lot that can be done but only if Americans pull their heads out of where the sun-dont-shine.
Exactly. Oil actually costs less in Europe now because the Euro is strong -- so they think gas is cheap!

Old 03-15-2008, 06:18 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Exactly. Oil actually costs less in Europe now because the Euro is strong -- so they think gas is cheap!
Like 10 euros a gallon is cheap to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections