Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Obama Black enough
Obama seems like a typical African American 5 33.33%
Obama is to white for the African Americans 3 20.00%
Being multi racial he can not relate to either group 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 06:22 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,063,691 times

Advertisements

How about the OP is just trying to start a discussion going down the path to a destination that is known only to him.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:52 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
How did I miss this nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by politically_correct View Post
Even though Obama is doing very well in the Black Community I wonder if their support for him is maybe off base.
Ah, no.

Quote:
I suspect many black voters wrongly assume he is going to be elected President and promote an black agenda with a renewed emphasis on affirmative action and black unemployment.
Ah, again, no. Unless of course you understand that a rising tide lifts all boats.

Quote:
They also believe he will hire mostly African American candidates into the government.
That's three strikes!

Quote:
Trouble is that Obama does not match the typical mindset of the African American community.
Oh do tell, what might that "mind set" be?

Quote:
His family did not come from slavery.
It isn't Black History Month yet, but I will give you a preview. There are quite a few African Americans who are descendants of Freeman.

Quote:
He has not grown up in poverty.
All African American's grow up in poverty? That will come as news to my family.

Quote:
He has not experienced the same bad schools and discrimination directed at many African Americans.
I'm shocked that you didn't stick to sweeping generalizations when you included the word "many". Good for you.

[quote]He was born in Asian dominated Hawaii and lived overseas for much of his life.[/quote}

God help all those African American military brats!

Quote:
Maybe he is not Black enough?
Oh, the brother is plenty black enough for black folks.

Quote:
On the other hand many whites, especially in the south may feel he is to African American to take care of their needs. Maybe he is to Black for these voters.

They got over it.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
Even though Obama is doing very well in the Black Community I wonder if their support for him is maybe off base. I suspect many black voters wrongly assume he is going to be elected President and promote an black agenda with a renewed emphasis on affirmative action and black unemployment. They also believe he will hire mostly African American candidates into the government. Trouble is that Obama does not match the typical mindset of the African American community. His family did not come from slavery. He has not grown up in poverty. He has not experienced the same bad schools and discrimination directed at many African Americans. He was born in Asian dominated Hawaii and lived overseas for much of his life. Maybe he is not Black enough? On the other hand many whites, especially in the south may feel he is to African American to take care of their needs. Maybe he is to Black for these voters.
What a vile RACIST OP!!!!

Where are the MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????

Old 11-07-2008, 07:57 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
Even though Obama is doing very well in the Black Community I wonder if their support for him is maybe off base. I suspect many black voters wrongly assume he is going to be elected President and promote an black agenda with a renewed emphasis on affirmative action and black unemployment. They also believe he will hire mostly African American candidates into the government. Trouble is that Obama does not match the typical mindset of the African American community. His family did not come from slavery. He has not grown up in poverty. He has not experienced the same bad schools and discrimination directed at many African Americans. He was born in Asian dominated Hawaii and lived overseas for much of his life. Maybe he is not Black enough? On the other hand many whites, especially in the south may feel he is to African American to take care of their needs. Maybe he is to Black for these voters.
Dear Racist, please learn the difference between "to" and "too" (how ignorant!)and then shove it!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:57 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammi0119 View Post
perhaps now we will stop screaming "EEOC" and "i have no opportunities!"
We won't scream EEOC we let our attorney's do that if an when conditions require it. If you think that because Obama has been elected by 52% of the country that the other 40 whatever percent or even a portion of that 52 have washed away all of their racist tendencies, I beg to differ.

As for I have no opportunities, frankly I know of very few African American's who make that argument, now. But in any economic downturn such as the one we are having now, those opportunities are at a decided shortage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections