Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:06 PM

510 posts, read 1,459,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Interesting to see the progression of your writing style over the course of this thread. You start it off with all appearances of being a calm, rational, reasoned individual.

12 pages later your posting with all the trademarks of a shrill hysteric

Is it just me, or do most people tune out an argument once a poster has shown him/herself to be so overcome with emotion that they feel words alone cannot voice their rabid thoughts? Instead, they must rely on an entirely excessive abuse of bold, italics and emoticons.

Reasoned argument can and should be made through words alone.

Is it just me...or do Obamanations always try to deflect from the issue at hand?

Why don't YOU go and preach at Reverend Wright about making sexual gestures in a church full of women and children? Hmmm? How about that? And then you can go and preach at Barack and Michelle Obama and ask them what they were thinking when they took their children to that kind of church.

Twist and spin, twist and spin.

There is NO way Obama will ever be President, (unless he is on a ticket as VP, and the President dies) but after all this I doubt anybody would have him.

You die-hard supporters are all embarrassed by Obama's serious lack of good judgment, and you are striking out at the rest of us...I can understand. You must feel pretty let down by him and his wife. All the time you've wasted when you could have been supporting Hillary (at least her ghosts are already OUT in the open, same for McCain) You probably feel like complete idiots having fallen directly into this trap set by the GOP, now almost assuring McCains' win in November. But, do try to buck up! It won't be so bad to live in a country with a President and spouse who are PROUD to be Americans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 12:12 PM

Has anyone ever noticed that Obama supporters seem to have two serious flaws?

1.) They do not see the anti-white hate spewed by Rev Wright as a serious issue regarding their Saviour Obama's judgement.

2.) They sometimes sound like they are ashamed of being Americans. Or of America.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:18 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,983,376 times
[

You die-hard supporters are all embarrassed by Obama's serious lack of good judgment, and you are striking out at the rest of us...I can understand.

Not at all. It's Hillary of whom I have a strong distrust, not Obama at all. He, Obama, has Done nothing to make me feel otherwise.

Last edited by Lillietta; 03-17-2008 at 12:37 PM..

Old 03-17-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
I was thinking the same thing. She started out asking us to be reasonable and then she herself blew it.

What's reasonable? To make comments like "Obama is not his Pastor, so Wright's views shouldn't matter..."?

When I started this thread I had not seen those videos, especially the one where Rev Wright makes those sexual motions and disses Bill Clinton. Any respect I may have had for Obama flew out the window. He took his kids to see that pig preach hate. The mere fact that his supporters do not think Wrights actions and anti-AMERICAN and anti-WHITE views have any bearing on Obama's candidacy makes me lose all respect for them too. I feel no need to hold back and bite my tongue on this subject any longer.

Obama is a terrible choice for President.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
[

Not at all. Not at all. It's Hillary of whom I have a strong distrust, not Obama at all. He, Obama, has Done nothing to make me feel otherwise.

Well, at least you can always vote for McCain!

Old 03-17-2008, 12:38 PM

I said what I had to say; everything subsequent makes no sense from you. I will vote for whom I please, thank you. I don't mind that you don't hold your tongue if you are at all rational. But I guess that's not gonna happen, so rant on; just don't expect me to respond further and take you seriously.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:41 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,102,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
Is it just me...or do Obamanations always try to deflect from the issue at hand?

Why don't YOU go and preach at Reverend Wright about making sexual gestures in a church full of women and children? Hmmm? How about that? And then you can go and preach at Barack and Michelle Obama and ask them what they were thinking when they took their children to that kind of church.

Twist and spin, twist and spin.

There is NO way Obama will ever be President, (unless he is on a ticket as VP, and the President dies) but after all this I doubt anybody would have him.

You die-hard supporters are all embarrassed by Obama's serious lack of good judgment, and you are striking out at the rest of us...I can understand. You must feel pretty let down by him and his wife. All the time you've wasted when you could have been supporting Hillary (at least her ghosts are already OUT in the open, same for McCain) You probably feel like complete idiots having fallen directly into this trap set by the GOP, now almost assuring McCains' win in November. But, do try to buck up! It won't be so bad to live in a country with a President and spouse who are PROUD to be Americans!
Eh, right. I don't have any desire to argue with you, especially since you've pegged me. I'm a robot who hates America. How you penetrated into my circuit board, I will never know.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:44 PM

Of the three candidates, Obama is the worst choice by far.

I'm glad we all agree on that.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Eh, right. I don't have any desire to argue with you, especially since you've pegged me. I'm a robot who hates America. How you penetrated into my circuit board, I will never know.
LOL. She thinks she can change things no matter how often she says it

Old 03-17-2008, 07:48 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
[

You die-hard supporters are all embarrassed by Obama's serious lack of good judgment, and you are striking out at the rest of us...I can understand.

Not at all. It's Hillary of whom I have a strong distrust, not Obama at all. He, Obama, has Done nothing to make me feel otherwise.
Yes, Hillary has a way of sowing distrust. Maybe because she's smart and clever, and that makes one distrust what she says, and what her real agenda is; Obama, on the other hand, has an openness about him which seems refreshing in contrast, but he seems naive, and that's really scary.

By the way, I heard today that Oprah left that church back in the early 90's because she didn't like what she was hearing there. Interesting that Obama stayed and says he didn't hear anything that he thought was out of line. Yet, Oprah backs Obama. So, maybe the kind of associations and close personal friendships one has don't matter after all, 'cause Oprah can't be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections