Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 06:49 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
Exactly! And as the Great Alanis Morissette once sang:

I don't want to be your food or the light from the fridge on your face
At midnight, hey
What are you hungry for?
I don't want to be the glue that holds your pieces together
I don't want to be your idol
See this pedestal is high and I'm afraid of heights
I don't want to be lived through
A vicarious occasion
Please open the window

Sorry...I needed a break from the other threads. Don't mind me!

Go about your business...nothing to see here.

See, it takes a Canadian songwriter to light the way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 01:04 PM

270 posts, read 626,911 times
Default discrimination

Think it's all a politics, myths, exaggerations. Take a look at the thread Reverse Discrimination. It's real! And we need to put a stop to it. In that thread at least some came out of the closet.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,353 times
Wink uh ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
Oh Gosh, I'm sure that's what Lion_King was referring to. It MUST be!!
well i think race keeps getting brought up because some people are still immature WAKE UP this is 2008 not 19 whatever we have enough to listen to when it comes to race thanks to the democrats! it seems thats there political base for elections because they try to cover up the FACT that they are cowards when it comes to war and pathetic when it comes to real issues they just pull wool over your eyes and plug your ears with race to skip important subjects ITS OVER ITS IN THE PAST IT WAS A MISTAKE LET IT GO

Old 04-10-2008, 06:50 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,735,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleypethel View Post
well i think race keeps getting brought up because some people are still immature WAKE UP this is 2008 not 19 whatever we have enough to listen to when it comes to race thanks to the democrats! it seems thats there political base for elections because they try to cover up the FACT that they are cowards when it comes to war and pathetic when it comes to real issues they just pull wool over your eyes and plug your ears with race to skip important subjects ITS OVER ITS IN THE PAST IT WAS A MISTAKE LET IT GO
You're exactly right. The Democrat party has been playing the race card to win elections for generations. The message wasn't subtle: if you vote Republican you're a racist. So they had no qualms about using race when it served their purpose. And they're still doing it: if you vote against Obama it must be because you're a racist. That bogeyman might intimidate some feckless liberals to vote for Obama. But I think most people have moved beyond it and are tired of the Democrat schtick. It's not going to sell this time around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections