Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:35 PM

510 posts, read 1,460,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
He is a Christian, and I don't think that we can yet judge him by the church he goes to, which by the way Oprah goes to as well. You may think that those tapes are hateful, but the minister is explaining the black issues that are part of America.

I have a question. those of you that are Catholics? Why didn't you leave after learning how the Catholic church treated others?

Those of you that are Christians of another faith, why don't you leave since your God killed far more people than even Hitler.

Um, I believe Oprah had the good sense to quit going there.

I DID leave the Catholic Church due to it's many flawed issued, not the least of which was the cover-up of pedophile priest. I don't put up with hypocrisy or hate in church, just like Jesus warned me not to.

"Your God???" Do you mean the God of the Jews, Christians and Muslims? It IS the same God for all three, you know.

I'm not going to waste more time on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 12:41 PM

[quote=Lillietta;3166677] The fact that the anti-Obama people address every little insignificant media report, such as the Rev. Wright issue ......to criticize about Obama except your enlarging a totally non-issue. quote]

What are you smoking!?

Awwwww. Poor lil' Barck, are we pickin on him too much? Sniff. Did the big bad old media FINALLY ask him some REAL questions? Darn that bad old media! Darn them to heck!

This post has so many things I could have criticized, I just wish I had more time.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:48 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,801,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
Awwwww. Poor lil' Barck, are we pickin on him too much? Sniff. Did the big bad old media FINALLY ask him some REAL questions? Darn that bad old media! Darn them to heck!

This post has so many things I could have criticized, I just wish I had more time.
You seem to have plenty of time throwing childish insults all day. Why don't you slow down and post something substantive and thoughtful?

Old 03-17-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
You seem to have plenty of time throwing childish insults all day. Why don't you slow down and post something substantive and thoughtful?

I have many times. But I am now bored with the foolish Obamanations, and your complete lack of honesty when it comes to Barack's lies. I am also amazed at and saddened by some of the things I read. Like someone stated on another thread, many Obama supporters are like a cult. I will not bang my head to a stone wall trying to articulate my thoughts while your eyes are all glazed-over in your puppy-dog-like devotion to a man who has supported a racist pastor for two decades.

Being from Detroit, I know how anti-white sentiment is used in politics. I will neither condone nor forgive Obama for this.

On a personal note..if you check my thread "A sincere comment to..." you will see after I posted a deeply thought-out letter, most of the replies I got back were juvenile at best. (There were a few Obama supporters who were gracious in there disagreement and I thanked them for it)

I work all week for a living so I don't have the luxury of time and long posts do require more of that than I can usually give. Catch me a on Saturday! I do not have the best vision either, so I do tend to use bold text as it is easier for me to then go back and find things in previous posts. Sorry if that bothers some of you.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:09 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,988,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
Its called debunking the shills
You go Expat! You're as free as we are I like hearing from you.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:12 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,584,827 times
I don't think anyone really "knows" what religion he associates himself with. Although he does attend a "christian" church, it's definately not a bible-believing fellowship by any means. That church among others has twisted scripture to fit it's agenda.
With regards to him being muslim, again no one really knows. There are just so many unanswered questions about the man that need to be brought out in the open if he wants to become president. As it's been stated several times, I feel for those who blindly follow someone just because they're a passionate speaker, orator, etc.. Look at their substance, their character, etc.
What has he voted or not voted on?
What about his record in the senate?

Old 03-17-2008, 02:26 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Obama has asserted that Pastor Wright has been his spiritual consultant, but certainly not his political consultant. He has disagreed with Wright publicly on a variety of topics.

Obama has said of Rev Wright, Obama does not make a major political move
without discussing it first with Rev Wright first
It was Rev Wright that Obama asked if he should run for president,
it was Rev Wright Obama named his book after because he was so inspiried by ( how scary is that!!)
that is why this huge fire storm, now, after the tapes are rolling out, he is trying to change everything he previously said.
Obama is the one that gave all the high fives to Wright, now he is recanting.
Which also shows he has no real loyalty either.
He dumps his friends if they make him look bad.
Just go ask Tony Rezko.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:43 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,400,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Obama has said of Rev Wright, Obama does not make a major political move
without discussing it first with Rev Wright first
It was Rev Wright that Obama asked if he should run for president,
I hear what you're saying, but it could be argued that deciding whether to run for president is a personal decision. Deciding what policy you'll pursue if and when you become president is a political decision.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Wright would influence policy in any tangible way.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:10 PM

357 posts, read 891,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
I don't think anyone really "knows" what religion he associates himself with.
I'm pretty sure... yep, 100% sure that he has been very open about what religion he associates himself with. He is a member of the United Church of Christ (UCC), and it has been very public information.

Quote:
Although he does attend a "christian" church, it's definately not a bible-believing fellowship by any means. That church among others has twisted scripture to fit it's agenda.
If twisting scripture to fit agenda is a detractor from a church, you can quickly discredit 95% of the churches Americans support (<-anecdotal, no statistics to back it up, but I don't think they're necessary if you've ever belonged to a Christian denomination - you know from experience). The Trinity UCC, despite controversial pastoral statements, is every bit a Christian church.

Quote:
With regards to him being muslim, again no one really knows.
Nope, pretty sure everyone knows... Obama is not, nor was he ever, a Muslim. He had a Muslim stepfather.

Quote:
What has he voted or not voted on?
What about his record in the senate?
As a matter of public information, let me demystify this: Barack Obama - U.S. Senator for Illinois <--US Senate
Illinois General Assembly - Senator's Bills <--IL State Senate

Old 03-17-2008, 03:22 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,576,703 times
who cares?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections