Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you favor?
Roy Moore 33 28.45%
Doug Jones 83 71.55%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 09:25 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,564,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I do believe that between Trump/Bannon and their promoting the likes of Moore speaks volumes that a RED STATE as Alabama would after quarter CENTURY a DEM get elected!!

The point is this is not the pre-Civil Rights era any more regardless that the Federal Congress and Whitehouse WANTS to go back to that time!!

As far as BANNON goes, my question is.. " How your program going with " DECONSTRUCTION, going?" Bonbon, you are toxic, maybe exit stage RIGHT!!!

Alabama actually ( most likely young people and women) SPOKE LOUDLY!!! I actually felt sick to my stomach listening to some, mostly older women spew such beliefs of yesteryear.. THEY never evolved into the 21st Century
A better question is....Why do you care? You're a Canadian. This has no effect on your life. Trump isn't the head of your government. Moore wasn't running as a representative for your province. Conyers and the other people who have gone down are legislators in our country, not yours. From the posts I've read from Canadians, Canada doesn't have a problem with women being disrespected....so, why do you care?

7,982 posts, read 4,293,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
Hardly. A Democrat just BARELY beat an accused child molester.
Alabama—ALABAMA—just voted blue.

It’s huge, and you know it.

30,190 posts, read 11,833,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You are ignoring the massive voting shifts that have been occurring even before this. You might be right in that him winning would be great for the Democrats, but honestly they dont need help changing the voting patterns-thats happened already. More importantly this narrows the Senate voting margin, making it even harder for them to pass truly bad legislation. Something that was needed from their perspective.

The momentum is already there if you look at the swings in voting in the prior elections we have had recently.
Some have shown momentum for the dems and some have not. My guess is the GOP will double down and get the stragglers on board. So its moot.

The dems have big organizational and financial issues to deal with. The GOP has Trump to deal with. Its a tug of war. I am hoping both parties with all their issues will eventually lead to more political parties having an influence. This two party thing has to stop.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:26 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,001,595 times
I did not have sexual relations with that woman! Oh wait, wrong guy.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:27 PM

30,190 posts, read 11,833,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I don"t believe a drug user,having money trouble and facts that do not match her story. Her mother said the girl had no phone in her room yet she stated she talked to Moore on her phone in her own room. Lies. Men lost. Women are now empowered with a false allegation card and can use it freely .
Moore lost the election. No divine intervention apparently to help such a great christian politician. Stop bashing the accusers. Its over.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:28 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,753,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
Dems will probably take the House next year. Trump has zero major legislative accomplishments thus far since taxes isn't a done deal yet (even though it will likely go through). And now, Dems have 49 Senate seats and people like Flake, McCain, Murkowski and Collins are not exactly on team Trump. There's a strong chance the GOP gets nothing done.

Oh, and there's this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.144be90f1957

But whatever makes you feel good tonight, mate! I guess, like the president said, it was up to the people of Alabama this evening.
I would love this scenario to play out. First off you 're drunk on Doug Jones at the moment. Sober up and come back tomorrow with a clear head. There's no "probably" to taking the house next near.

The HuffPost and NYT both published articles in the past couple weeks lamenting how much Trump is getting done. He's moving at lightening speed and will charge into 2018. After that's there's always executive order.

Weak R's who won't support Trump are an endangered species. They're all NeoCon scum that the D's despised for over a decade, but have happily allied with now. Bush, McCain, Cheney, Flake, McConnell, these R's are dinosaurs. And they know it. If you want to play with the GOP of 2017 you better be pushing Trump/Libertarian/Tea Party issues or some combination of.

6,382 posts, read 5,507,323 times
Also repeating other's sentiments I'm sure...

But I gotta say the fact that a pedophile losing a senate race by less than 1 percentage point is enough to be considered a reason to rejoice and breathe a sigh of unexpected relief.....is still a very, very sad snapshot of the state of affairs in this country.

A glimmer of hope for sanity to take hold again in the near future....maybe. But that's more a reflection of how low we've sunk and how far we have to go to bring sanity back.

1,018 posts, read 512,330 times
Bear in mind to all you lefties saying that a democrat won in deep blue Alabama. Look at the two cities that put Jones over the top, now what is the demographic of both of those cities? Thanks

Old 12-12-2017, 09:29 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,753,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Alabama—ALABAMA—just voted blue.

It’s huge, and you know it.
It's a victory for sure, but it's not huge and you know it.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:29 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,564,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Well, this at least shows that 51% of the people of Alabama have some brains. I bet Trump is kicking some walls right now. Would I love to be a fly on the wall around him at this moment.

I hope Trump stumps for a lot of other GOP candidates. At this rate the Democrats will have the WH, Senate, and House back in no time.
The people of Alabama WHO HAPPENED TO VOTE....not the same thing as the people of Alabama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections