Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you favor?
Roy Moore 33 28.45%
Doug Jones 83 71.55%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 11:42 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,512,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
White Men: 74% Moore. 23% Jones.

White Women: 65% Moore. 32% Jones.

Black Men: 92% Jones. 7% Moore.

Black Women: 97% Jones. 3% Moore.

It was basically the African American voters. Not a rebellion against Trump.
And, the write-in vote. There is a 21,000 raw vote difference between Jones and Moore, but the write-in vote exceeds 22,000.

I'll bet the ranch 95% of those write-ins is a white Republican who couldn't bring themself to vote for Jones. Saw a very nice older white woman (early 70's) on TV earlier today saying she was doing a write-in.

If Moore hadn't been Moore, there would have been no black turn-out, no write-in and the Republican would have won by a wide margin. Harkens back to the Ralph Nader vote causing the recount and throwing the election to Bush in Fl.

Yes, this is not a Trump rebellion. The white vote still went overwhelmingly for Moore. Alabama is still Alabama.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 12-12-2017 at 11:53 PM..

Old 12-12-2017, 11:46 PM

93 posts, read 84,412 times
No politician is going to want Bannon on their stage again.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:58 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,195,740 times
Trump must be having a conniption fit tonight..... Haven't used that term in ages.
Just keep him away from the button.
I wonder if they are trying to wrestle him phone away from him tonight to keep him from some embarrassing tweets in the middle of the night. The madder he gets the more childish his tweets are.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:06 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,511,683 times
Bannon isn't a populist, he is a self described Leninist. He has just been harnessing populist outrage toward his own end. It's not a good one. Article below is pretty scary.

A Buzzfeed article was posted here tonight about his attempts to sabotage Twitter. I posted another Buzzfeed article about a week ago. At the end it had recent emails back and forth between Bannon & Milo. He likes to speak in "code". The message said "Winter Is Coming". (These drama queens and their Game of Thrones references...). Regardless, he may not be in the White House now, but he has a lot of power and huge brainwashed following. I wouldn't underestimate him.....

Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that's my goal, too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today's establishment
Steve Bannon
According to last week’s Time Magazine feature, Bannon once described himself to a fellow party guest as a Leninist, who wanted to "bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today's Establishment."

He is obsessed with the 1999 book The Fourth Turning, by sociologists William Strauss and Neil Howe, which posits that every generation in American history responds to the failure of its institutions by cataclysmic but ultimately necessary violence: the American Revolution, the Civil War, the Second World War.

Steve Bannon shares a fascist's obsession with cleansing, apocalyptic war. And now he's in the White House

Old 12-13-2017, 12:57 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
And, the write-in vote. There is a 21,000 raw vote difference between Jones and Moore, but the write-in vote exceeds 22,000.

I'll bet the ranch 95% of those write-ins is a white Republican who couldn't bring themself to vote for Jones. Saw a very nice older white woman (early 70's) on TV earlier today saying she was doing a write-in.

If Moore hadn't been Moore, there would have been no black turn-out, no write-in and the Republican would have won by a wide margin. Harkens back to the Ralph Nader vote causing the recount and throwing the election to Bush in Fl.

Yes, this is not a Trump rebellion. The white vote still went overwhelmingly for Moore. Alabama is still Alabama.
There's a lesson in there, though.

Run a candidate that black people hate OR that black people love and they'll come vote.

And, when they do, they skew Democrat.

Soo.... the Democrats might want to keep this in mind... and so should the Republicans.

If the Rs had run a less controversial, slightly more moderate R this time, they'd have won that seat.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:17 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,678,288 times
To fellow African Americans (particularly of this young generation): Marching, protesting and speaking out are great, and are, in fact, part of the American process. But, as shown, tonight, the power of the ballot is more powerful than all of those put together. And the Black folk in Alabama that turned out, tonight, showed it.....!

Someone I grew up with in Brooklyn, has been living in Mobile for the past 20 years. Got another friend who's from my current neighborhood in the Bronx, who relocated to Birmingham; been there for 12 years. Both love the much slower pace and generous cost of living, despite how deeply red the state is. I'm sure there are many more like my two friends. An Alabama people rarely talk about......!

Old 12-13-2017, 01:35 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,597 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Didn't the left say that last time and Trump won? No, it's not so much Alabama being against Moore, it's just that the Black turnout rate was higher than normal, and they automatically vote Democrat regardless of who it is.
IM not sure why you are lying to yourself here.

Roy Moore is seen as a homophobe and a racist long before we knew he liked 14 year old girls.

This is why when he ran for the Supreme Court seat in 2012, he only won by 70,000 votes (52/48)

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/...off=50&elect=0

The black vote turned out for a reason. You cant just pretend the reason doesnt exist.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:35 AM

272 posts, read 134,825 times
Tonight just showed that people like mcconnell and mainstream republicans will help elect a Democrat to an important senate seat to maintain their own power.

Bannon and President Trump need to double down on this open border /globalist/ pro amnesty vermin in the republican party and get mo brooks in that seat when trump wins reelection in 2020

The mainstream republicans will pay at the polls for this stab in the back

Old 12-13-2017, 02:22 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 7 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,604,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
No, completely unfounded claims decided the election. It's shameful that unfounded claims like this can decide an election.

I'm going to laugh at you dems when these kind of dirty tactics come back to bite you.
Unfounded claims? Oh Please! The right wing and especially the alt-right (Breitbart, etc) have been spreading unfounded claims (read: fake news) for over a year. That decided the election in key upper midwest states and PA.

BTW, I'm laughing because real news about real track records cost the Republicans one of their own firewall states - right in the Heart of Dixie!

Old 12-13-2017, 02:22 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,600,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Trump will be the death of the GOP.
They are already the walking dead and soon will have to face the fate they laid down for themselves. I predict that the intramural fighting in congress among republicans will accelerate, sparked on by this highly-publicized defeat. They wanted this special election to be a showpiece for republican power and instead, it showed everyone that they are unraveling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections