Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 07:04 PM

7,775 posts, read 6,381,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
He should be thankful to not be in jail considering all of the nonsense that he pulled.

This is a bit much.

Sheriff Joe had an uphill fight because he wanted to enforce immigration laws that are on the books.
Obama, Holder & Co wanted to protect the undocumented democrats and did everything they could think of to obstruct him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 08:41 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,352,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Sheriff Joe had an uphill fight because he wanted to enforce immigration laws that are on the books.
Obama, Holder & Co wanted to protect the undocumented democrats and did everything they could think of to obstruct him.
Nope.

Arpaio cost the Maricopa county taxpayers tens of millions of dollars in lawsuits because of his abuses of citizens.

He's violated the US Constitution - and that's why he was charged and found guilty.

It's kind of sad, because early in his career, he was actually a pretty decent lawman, until he became a press and PR ***** - and let it all go to his head.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:14 AM

856 posts, read 704,626 times
I never thought I'd ever say this, but I hope Kelli Ward wins the GOP primary. Arpaio is a nutjob and a dope who disgraced his uniform. He's a phony law enforcement officer and a complete fraud.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:15 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,547,505 times
Who will Trump endorse in the primary?

Old 01-10-2018, 05:13 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
Who will Trump endorse in the primary?
The loser

Old 01-10-2018, 05:39 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Another day..another loser:

Jan 9 (Reuters) - Former Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio, a close ally of President Donald Trump, said on Tuesday he was running for the U.S. Senate to replace retiring Republican Senator Jeff Flake.
"I am running for the U.S. Senate from the Great State of Arizona, for one unwavering reason: to support the agenda and policies of President Donald Trump in his mission to Make America Great Again," Arpaio said on Twitter.
Arpaio, who had been convicted of criminal contempt in a racial profiling case that highlighted tensions over U.S. immigration policy, was pardoned by Trump in August.

Funny ...I'll bet you voted for criminal Hillary Clinton.

Arpaio's conviction was a sham. He was doing his job. Most Arizonians I know love him.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
He should be thankful to not be in jail considering all of the nonsense that he pulled.

This is a bit much.
Did you support Hillary Clinton? Just asking. Were you bothered by her shenanigans and criminal behavior? She should be in jail.

If you supported Hillary, you're a hypocrite.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
There are two different standards. One for Democrats and one for Republicans. Democrats are let off the hook. Republicans are prosecuted. Hillary should be in prison for her crimes. She isn't. But if President Trump had done what she has, he would be impeached in a heartbeat.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:59 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Funny ...I'll bet you voted for criminal Hillary Clinton.

Arpaio's conviction was a sham. He was doing his job. Most Arizonians I know love him.
And black is white and up is down and the sky is green and grass is blue. I can only assume you live in opposite world where the person actually convicted of crimes is the one who isn't guilty and the one who has been investigated incessantly yet never even charged is the guilty one.

And no, Arpaio wouldn't have kicked out of office by double digits if most of the voters loved him.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:41 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times
like him or not, arpio is qualified to run for congress. i doubt taht he will get past the primary though against kellie ward. i think she cleans his clock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections