Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 10:43 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Majority makers =/= Red to blue

https://redtoblue.dccc.org/

in short

Majority makers = we think we can win here, but dont bet on it

Red to Blue = We put money in these races

Red to Blue are the top targets, majority makers are the secondary targets. They might not get the 24 in the red to Blue, but could pick off some of the majority makers to put over the top. I also didn't notice PA-05 on either lust, but they likely have this one in the bag as it is now a Clinton +28 district now that Goofy is no longer kicking Donald.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 10:48 PM

42,854 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
Majority makers =/= Red to blue
https://redtoblue.dccc.org/
in short

Majority makers = we think we can win here, but dont bet on it

Red to Blue = We put money in these races
Thanks, I didn't know that. But what exactly is their strategy? If it's to pick likely wins, why wouldn't they put money into CA49? Darryl Issa only won by 1600 votes & is retiring and Clinton took the district 49.9 -42.6? The only thing I could see that would screw up the chances of a Dem taking that seat is that there are too many going into the primary.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:22 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Thanks, I didn't know that. But what exactly is their strategy? If it's to pick likely wins, why wouldn't they put money into CA49? Darryl Issa only won by 1600 votes & is retiring and Clinton took the district 49.9 -42.6? The only thing I could see that would screw up the chances of a Dem taking that seat is that there are too many going into the primary.
The DNC supported candidate may drop out of the race in that district to Run for the San Diego board of supervisors ( or something like that) , so they may wait till that happens to endorse the front runner . Doug Applegate also has a possible abuse problem.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:52 PM

42,854 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
The DNC supported candidate may drop out of the race in that district to Run for the San Diego board of supervisors ( or something like that) , so they may wait till that happens to endorse the front runner . Doug Applegate also has a possible abuse problem.
I thought it was Doug Applegate who moved to Oceanside to position himself for a supervisor position in San Diego's 5th district? That would leave Mike Levin, Sarah Jacobs and Paul Kerr. This is bizarre there was a scheduled forum for democratic candidates in Oceanside and the only one who showed up was Mike Levin. https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-bizarre-turn/

Old 03-26-2018, 12:31 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I thought it was Doug Applegate who moved to Oceanside to position himself for a supervisor position in San Diego's 5th district? That would leave Mike Levin, Sarah Jacobs and Paul Kerr. This is bizarre there was a scheduled forum for democratic candidates in Oceanside and the only one who showed up was Mike Levin. https://www.motherjones.com/politics...-bizarre-turn/
That might have more to do with Bernie Sanders associated super packed group running the event and that not actually being a positive in that district.

Both Jacobs and Applegate held other events it seems

Old 03-26-2018, 02:05 AM

34,075 posts, read 17,119,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Red to Blue are the top targets, majority makers are the secondary targets. They might not get the 24 in the red to Blue, but could pick off some of the majority makers to put over the top. I also didn't notice PA-05 on either lust, but they likely have this one in the bag as it is now a Clinton +28 district now that Goofy is no longer kicking Donald.

24 should be a piece of cake now. I'm not rooting for it, but I do think Parkland alone will swing some close races, by making NRA support an albatross.

Old 03-26-2018, 04:50 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,630,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
24 should be a piece of cake now. I'm not rooting for it, but I do think Parkland alone will swing some close races, by making NRA support an albatross.
That's big of you to be able to even say this, given your bias. I give you credit 👍

Old 03-26-2018, 10:46 AM

5,283 posts, read 6,221,083 times
Quote:
Wow, we are actually on different sides of this.

I actually think these kids will help lose a couple of winnable seats .

I don't vote for deeply conservative Democrats, but I don't vote for deeply progressive ones either .

There are a couple of seat in West Virginia, South Carolina, Tennessee , Kentucky and yes, Florida that Dems are putting a lot of money into that would get hurt by this .

Do you have a source for that last listing. I doubt the Dems spend a dime in SC. Our map is gerrymandered to split the few Dem leaning cities among districts and to put every AA they possibly can into a huge Dem/AA voter dump for Jim Clyburn's minority district. The state is typically 55-45 R but our congressional districts all but ensure a 6-1 split. A Dem came within a couple of points in a special election last year but that was not indicative of a regular election result.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:00 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,327,657 times
Not looking too likely at this point in time.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:12 AM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Do you have a source for that last listing. I doubt the Dems spend a dime in SC. Our map is gerrymandered to split the few Dem leaning cities among districts and to put every AA they possibly can into a huge Dem/AA voter dump for Jim Clyburn's minority district. The state is typically 55-45 R but our congressional districts all but ensure a 6-1 split. A Dem came within a couple of points in a special election last year but that was not indicative of a regular election result.
SC-05, the one with Special Election last year It is on the Majority makers link. This one is unlikely to flip but not completely out of the question in a strong wave. My parents retired down there and live in the northern edge of the district (Charlotte suburbs)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections