Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 11:26 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,630,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Not looking too likely at this point in time.
Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 11:26 AM

24,512 posts, read 17,265,170 times
UGH if the Dems win the House in 2018 we will be subjected to calls of impeachment until 2020. They won't have any thing solid but they will still try and they will increase their efforts to cover Trump with piles of negativity.

I'm actually getting to the point where I'm so tired of the hatred from the Left and constant negative trash coming from them that I would be OK with Trump losing in 2020. The Dems seem intent on destroying America as we know it and their millions of minions are ok with it so what choice do we have but to let them?

Old 03-26-2018, 11:33 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,630,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH if the Dems win the House in 2018 we will be subjected to calls of impeachment until 2020. They won't have any thing solid but they will still try and they will increase their efforts to cover Trump with piles of negativity.

I'm actually getting to the point where I'm so tired of the hatred from the Left and constant negative trash coming from them that I would be OK with Trump losing in 2020. The Dems seem intent on destroying America as we know it and their millions of minions are ok with it so what choice do we have but to let them?
Wrong as can be. People such as myself have certain policy goals that The Cheeto will never get on board with.

My biggest two are single payer healthcare, and removing marijuana from DEA Schedule I

Old 03-26-2018, 11:44 AM

24,512 posts, read 17,265,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Wrong as can be.

Why would you say that about my post? it is my opinion and you have yours.

I only stated my concerns and thoughts.

Obama told us he was going to fundamentally transform America and that is frightening. I have no doubt that the next Dem will continue on with this idea.

The Left and Right seem to be getting more divisive and extreme everyday. I don't think they will ever see eye to eye and be able to compromise on much.

The Left hates Trump for what he proposes and many of his ideas like securing the border, increasing our security, enforcing existing laws, growing the economy by reducing the size and influence of government by cutting red tape that stalls projects and increases the costs, resetting trade imbalances with foreign countries are all good ideas.

Medical marijuana is fine but letting people drive around stoned from recreational weed is not a good idea considering how many distracted drivers we already have.

Healthcare is a mess so that needs to be figured out.

I am open minded enough to see your points and somewhat agree with them.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:15 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:

I am more inclined to hope he doesn't even run. Not only am I tired of the left doing anything and everything they can to remove him from office, but I am sick of the Russia crap. With all the problems facing us now who really cares that much about Russia? Most of us are tired of it. Just check to see what concerns the voting public the most and Russia is nowhere near the top.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:21 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,505,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
With all the problems facing us now who really cares that much about Russia?
Trump cares, bigly. He's is obsessed with it per his tweets.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:07 PM

34,075 posts, read 17,119,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
That's big of you to be able to even say this, given your bias. I give you credit 👍

Not biased, highly accurate going back years. I posted Rust Belt shift to GOP 6 months before Nov, 2016.

Parkland is resonating. Mid-terms = low turnout. That magnifies the impact of shifting voters, who previously supported GOP candidates.

Its basic math.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:12 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,087,418 times
Quote:
Why would you say that about my post? it is my opinion and you have yours.

I only stated my concerns and thoughts.

Obama told us he was going to fundamentally transform America and that is frightening. I have no doubt that the next Dem will continue on with this idea.

The Left and Right seem to be getting more divisive and extreme everyday. I don't think they will ever see eye to eye and be able to compromise on much.

The Left hates Trump for what he proposes and many of his ideas like securing the border, increasing our security, enforcing existing laws, growing the economy by reducing the size and influence of government by cutting red tape that stalls projects and increases the costs, resetting trade imbalances with foreign countries are all good ideas.

Medical marijuana is fine but letting people drive around stoned from recreational weed is not a good idea considering how many distracted drivers we already have.

Healthcare is a mess so that needs to be figured out.

I am open minded enough to see your points and somewhat agree with them.

In what specific ways did Obama transform America, particularly for the worst as you suggest?

The Right elected an actual divisive man in Trump. The Left elected Obama, who was (half) black, the real reason people hated him. He had pretty much zero real scandals in 8 years, while Trump has one seemingly every week. And no, that has nothing to do with the media.

I can think of many reasons why I despise Trump, but your mischaracterization of those positions are not them. For example, I'm all for border security. I am not for ham-fisted, cruel and frankly, anti-American deportation procedures that the Trump WH loves, or expensive, doomed-to-failure walls. These are simplistic solutions from people who have no idea what the complex problems of immigration entail, and who otherwise just want to see immigrants suffer.

Why do you think there wouldn't be laws against being high and driving just like there are with alcohol? Furthermore, why do you think people aren't already driving high?

Yes, but Trump is not the man to do it. The ACA had issues that could've been fixed, but your side only wants to destroy it. Republicans have the entire government and could've come up with a good solution, but they're completely incompetent when it's not a bill to give rich tax breaks or pass enormous spending bills that will skyrocket deficits.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:19 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,087,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am more inclined to hope he doesn't even run. Not only am I tired of the left doing anything and everything they can to remove him from office, but I am sick of the Russia crap. With all the problems facing us now who really cares that much about Russia? Most of us are tired of it. Just check to see what concerns the voting public the most and Russia is nowhere near the top.
Specifically, what is the Left doing to remove him from office? I don't know where these claims come from. Congress is the only group that can impeach him, and it's controlled by Republicans. Mueller is a Republican and was appointed by Republicans. Most law enforcement types are... Republicans, including in the intelligence community.

As for Russia, should we not care if a foreign nation is attacking our election system? Should we not care that they're trying to cover up their deeds by murdering people? Should we not be asking the question if our very president was involved? These are incredibly serious questions. How can a patriotic American NOT care??

Old 03-26-2018, 09:31 PM

5,251 posts, read 3,615,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Not biased, highly accurate going back years. I posted Rust Belt shift to GOP 6 months before Nov, 2016.

Parkland is resonating. Mid-terms = low turnout. That magnifies the impact of shifting voters, who previously supported GOP candidates.

Its basic math.
Possibly... but I'm not completely sold. Districts are gerrymandered currently to favor the GOP. But the low turnout of midterms might favor the Dems if less Red-voting Blue-people are enthused by the GOP by then & switch. One of the biggest deciding factors in elections are women late 20s - 50s with little party allegiance & more conservative than not, independents, but the polls seem to be showing a much larger dissatisfaction among this group than men with Trump.

Absent some political seismic event, the mid terms will be a nail biter I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections