Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 11:45 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,800,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You may not consider a warmonger like John Bolton a factual reason, but there are millions who do--on both sides of the aisle. We'll see if you still think it's nothing when we're going to war with North Korea and/or Iran, both of which Bolton is salivating to attack.
You are using a person that was just announced yesterday to rationalize your hate.

What are 5 rational reasons for your personal hatred of Trump's performance over the last 16 months?

I'm trying to make it easy, but even that is too hard it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
Democrats who don't like Trump need only to look in the mirror to see who is responsible for his election. Virtually anyone in their party could have beaten him, except for Clinton.
They witnessed the DNC and Clinton campaign eat their best chance of winning... and they did nothing. Many of Sander's base voted for Trump because they realized what had happened and they were angry, as they should have been. Clinton's base went on their merry way like good little sheep, and the fact that they STILL want her as their Master amazes me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 11:51 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,293,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You may not consider a warmonger like John Bolton a factual reason, but there are millions who do--on both sides of the aisle. We'll see if you still think it's nothing when we're going to war with North Korea and/or Iran, both of which Bolton is salivating to attack.
I can't speak for Bolton, of course. But I don't think that he is salivating for any such thing. Rather, he may have concluded by rational analysis that there is no future in appeasing sociopaths. Britain learned this the hard way in 1939, after their own moonbats condemned Churchill for advocating preventive strikes against the Nazis while they were still weak.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:52 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,585,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
Democrats who don't like Trump need only to look in the mirror to see who is responsible for his election. Virtually anyone in their party could have beaten him, except for Clinton.
That is probably true - even Bernie would likely have had a reasonable chance of winning. However, Trump is very busy pushing the pendulum back towards the left.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:59 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,126,230 times
Up until yesterday I would have said that if she had been elected, we'd be in a bunch of new wars due to her cabinet being full of neocons, and pork spending would be out of control.

Up until yesterday.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:01 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,126,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
That is probably true - even Bernie would likely have had a reasonable chance of winning. However, Trump is very busy pushing the pendulum back towards the left.
You're one of the very few who actually is intelligent enough to see this.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:08 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,144,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
So Hillary trying to start a war with Russia and importing a bunch of muslims and other third worlders into the country would be just fine for your investments? What happens to your investments when she decides someone else is entitled to them because justice?

Don't be so daft. If you want to be broke or dead, sure, vote Democrat.
Still perpetuating the myth that Dems are worse for the economy I see. Did you sleep thru the Bush II and Obama years?

And those 3rd worlders are critical for our economy, native born (oft-obese) Americans will not do the work necessary. I'm sorry you are scared and bigoted towards Muslims, courage and empathy are attributes that need to be developed.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Up until yesterday I would have said that if she had been elected, we'd be in a bunch of new wars due to her cabinet being full of neocons, and pork spending would be out of control.

Up until yesterday.
Prior to November 8th:
- He doesn't stand a chance
- It's not "IF" Hillary will win, it's by how much

On November 9th:
- He will crash the markets
- He will start a nuclear war
- He won't get anything done
- The economy will crash (Obama said "If Trump thinks he can get more than 3% economic growth, he's dreaming!"
- Trump will "imperil the unique and fragile ecosystems that make the United States a wonder of the world
- Moore said "Donald Trump is gonna get us killed!"
and on and on and on and wrong and wrong and wrong...

All it took was appointing Bolton to set you all back on the same course of horrible logic and predictions using crystal balls.

I suppose when one becomes acclimated to being wrong all the time it becomes a habit that's hard to break. It's sad really, because none of us should care who is in office and more about wishing them success.

If Trump fails, we fail. Anyone who relishes him failing care very little about our country.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:14 PM

10,536 posts, read 6,177,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH the Doom and Gloom by the Left and media over everything Trump is really getting wearing from the scandal of 2 scoops of ice cream to the supposed Russian Collusion, to reaching out to Putin to congratulate his election win, to enforcing existing immigration laws as evil, to tax cuts that did nothing but make the rich richer while giving giving the little people crumbs and now what is being called a "Trade war" with China.

It appears that Trump can't do anything right and the Left is really enjoying telling us all about what they perceive as earth shattering negative news and they are happily undermining Trump and delegitimizing his Presidency. They are working hard to set the stage for 2020 if their prayers for impeachment are not answered sooner.

If Hillary had won as she was supposed to would we be hearing anything at all besides the Left and Media heaping praise on her and the sound of millions of pats on backs that they elected the first woman President.
I suspect that the only negative news we would be hearing would be from the likes of Rush and Hannity and they can be turned off easily.
Imagine how happy we would all be when 95% of the news outlets are busy telling us how wonderful the country and world is with Hillary as President.

Did we make a mistake in 2016?
Would we be better off with blinders on happily humming along or are we better off seeing the real world with both eyes?
As far as I can tell at least from CD and Fox News, the right do have blinders on.
As far as they're concerned, Trump can do no wrong even though this 'Presidency' is a complete and utter disaster from start to finish.

Stop blaming the left and start taking some responsibility for electing this clown show.
We spend our time complaining because this presidency is detestable and the right know it.

And in answer to your question, we'd have had the right bleating on about throwing Hillary in jail the whole time.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:23 PM

24,521 posts, read 17,271,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Sorry Cape Cod Todd, can't take you seriously. I've seen post after post from you here where you fail to acknowledge basic truths and realities. Your commitment to obliviousness is as obvious as Bent Bow's.

But as someone hoping to retire a little early (soon) due to my ability to save and invest, with Hillary in office (as with Obama) I'd be comfortable with my investments holding value. With Trump, good Lord, there are threats everywhere.

It was a simple question meant for a editorial type speculation and hopefully to start a fun debate and to get people talking.
I think you need to chill out a bit and if you don't like what I post then feel free to skip by it. I won't be offended but being called oblivious is not nice.
What are the basic truths? Trump won, Hillary lost. Hillary does not live in my head like some have suggested but she was the other option so why not ask the hypothetical question about overall happiness if she had won?

I do respect the second part of your answer and I do think you are right. We would be humming along just fine with Hillary. Our investments would continue to slowly increase as the economy grows as it does in normal times and we wouldn't be hearing anything about the doom and gloom predictions that the Left has warned us about if Trump was elected.

Trump is about change and change can be scary for many but it is often necessary.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
As far as I can tell at least from CD and Fox News, the right do have blinders on.
As far as they're concerned, Trump can do no wrong even though this 'Presidency' is a complete and utter disaster from start to finish.

Stop blaming the left and start taking some responsibility for electing this clown show.
We spend our time complaining because this presidency is detestable and the right know it.

And in answer to your question, we'd have had the right bleating on about throwing Hillary in jail the whole time.
Oh wise one, please divine what you would have this country do to resolve the tragedy that is the Trump administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections