Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 01:28 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,124,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Clinton is far more conservative than Trump.

More like those who have been programmed by Fox News and talk radio to hate Clinton would be fuming and hoarding guns. Never mind that Trump has said things far more threatening to the 2nd amendment than Clinton ever has.
Not to mention the anti-2A provisions in the budget that the GOP overwhelmingly passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 01:30 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,219,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Liberals would be happy

Conservatives unhappy

Simple as that
Moderates might be happier- but not necessarily liberals. Hillary would be President if she had actually turned out the liberal and minority votes at the same rate as other Democrats.

In some ways this is a liberal dream- the Democratic party is finally done with the Clintons, the Republicans are growing less popular by the day and a lot of left leaning folks are quitting with the purity & hand wringing to become involved. It is similar to when some pundits said Bill Clinton was the real architect of the R resurgence in the 90s.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:39 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,295,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Love her or hate her, she has experience and would have appointed a lot of better people. No doubt about that.

But fate is fickle so we have no idea how things would turn out. My spidey sense tells me the GOP and "forgotten man" and "uneducated" electorate who elected Trump (by minority) would be yelling and screaming so loud that the Government would be somewhat paralyzed.

Still, in the end, at least we'd have a functioning Dept. of State and many other things...and I wouldn't be worrying about nukes possibly going off. I somewhat doubt Hillary would have increased the debt 1.5 Trillion when things were almost balanced and I KNOW she would not have thrown 10 million people off the health care rolls. Lots of other similar things add up to a more logical POTUS reign.

But - you never know. Sometimes things have to get REALLY bad for the electorate to improve their education...in the case of the USA, one of our problems is that so few people vote. Of course, the GOP likes it that way as was clearly stated by one of the founders of American conservatism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw

Quite clear decades ago. The same idea still flies on that side of the aisle.
In what alternate reality are you living in, if you think the budget was almost balanced before Trump got in?

Old 03-23-2018, 01:44 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,539,907 times
How happy would I be if you shut the he!! up about Hillary? Talk about obsession....

Old 03-23-2018, 01:45 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,627,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
So, in reality you don't actually have factual reasons. Typical of the yelling at the sky progs. Hating what you've been told to hate, not even knowing why.

This is the case of the bully blaming the bullied. You believe the left have nothing to do with anything - resist, blow up the white house, Antifa riots and destruction, Dems refusing to work with him on anything (until they got a 1.3T OmniBS spending bill)... Can you say with a straight face that MSM has been fair to him?

You cast BLAME and take little responsibility which has been the modus of the left for the last two decades.

Like I said, progs are just bullies who blame their victims for their own hate and destruction.
I have 3

-No chance at Single Payer Healthcare with an R in the White House
-No chance of removing Marijuana from DEA Schedule I with an R in the White House, or with Sessions as AG
-I don't want the Border Wall

Old 03-23-2018, 01:47 PM

17,010 posts, read 12,605,196 times
Kind of like being asked. "You are currently being beaten with a 2x4. How much happier would you be if you were being beaten by a baseball bat?"

Old 03-23-2018, 02:01 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,405,465 times
Hilllary would of had to deal with Republican obstructionism. The same bills that passed with Trump would never have passed with Hillary if she were to offer them.

The Republicans would be harassing her over long dead issues like Benghazi. T

The country would be more stable and more respected abroard. The stock market would not have went up as fast, but would be much higher at the conclusion of her presidency than with Trump. I fully expect the market to tank given Trump's conduct and there is only so much chaos the market can take.

Clinton would have had her scandals but they would have been more personal ones not constitutional or international ones.

The nation would have been infinitely more better off.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:03 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,236,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
How happy would I be if you shut the he!! up about Hillary? Talk about obsession....
Isn't it funny that it's the folks on the right, that can't stand the woman, yet make all the threads about her?

Old 03-23-2018, 02:13 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,142,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

If Trump fails, we fail. Anyone who relishes him failing care very little about our country.
BS, that's like saying you don't care about your house if you don't allow an incompetent electrician to keep working on it.

Surely a near majority of Americans are hoping for Trump's failure and impeachment (or prosecution). Even Pence would be safer than this fool.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:59 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,909,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Hilllary would of had to deal with Republican obstructionism. The same bills that passed with Trump would never have passed with Hillary if she were to offer them.

The Republicans would be harassing her over long dead issues like Benghazi. T

The country would be more stable and more respected abroard. The stock market would not have went up as fast, but would be much higher at the conclusion of her presidency than with Trump. I fully expect the market to tank given Trump's conduct and there is only so much chaos the market can take.

Clinton would have had her scandals but they would have been more personal ones not constitutional or international ones.

The nation would have been infinitely more better off.
^^^ This.

In addition, the environment and our national monuments would not be threatened by weakened regulations and by being sold off to private energy interests, public schools would be better supported, Russians would not have had state secrets passed along to them in the Oval Office, Hillary Clinton would not have threatened North Korea with nuclear annihilation, we'd have a far more articulate and intelligent president and a qualified and stable cabinet, Hillary Clinton would not be flying off to play golf at Mar-a-Lago every weekend, and Chelsea Clinton and her husband would not be presidential advisors. On the other hand, Hillary Clinton might benefit by some of Bill's insights and experience.

However, Bill would not be the fashion plate Melania is. I'd still be much happier than I am at present!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections