Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 10:45 PM

7,196 posts, read 4,794,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Lesko is a partisan hack. She's planning on joining the Freedom Caucus... you know, the far right wingers who wants nothing more than to dismantle the entire federal government.
I live in AZ congressional district 08. The district is SERIOUSLY gerrymandered to favor the GOP thanks to Trent Franks who WHINED incessantly about drawing a “safe” republican district for him.

I hope she doesn’t join that group. She’ll be another do nothing parasite like Trent Franks. Gosh, that guy was a total waste of fresh air.

Funny, the signs she plastered all over the district didn’t say a single word about Trump. NADA. The GOP primary losers like Phil Lovas did.

The Republicans should have won that district by 20 points NOT 5-6 points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 11:14 PM

32,299 posts, read 15,240,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
A good question, I think.

Last time it was Hillary who energized the Republicans. I remember John Kerry did the same thing.
Obama, of course energized the Democrats.
Clinton didn't energize anyone. He never got 50% of the vote.

So I guess the answer depends on who the Democrats run. I expect the Democrat field to be pretty packed, but I also expect the candidates will push each other farther and farther left as they all try to distance themselves from Trump.
In the end they will be too far left and Trump will win.
Trump won’t win. He won some states by less than 1%. Most wont make the same mistake again. He has done nothing to bring our country together. He’s only catering to his base which isn’t enough to get him re elected.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:42 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,213,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
LOL, that "war chest" sure hasn't been much of a help in stopping the BLUE WAVE though, has it?
The blue wave? I didn't know we had already had the Nov. election?

Old 04-28-2018, 06:11 PM

29,250 posts, read 22,538,979 times
If Arpaio is still in the race come November, there will be a blue wave.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:04 PM

4,119 posts, read 6,637,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
If Mccain dies or leaves office before May 30, Arpaio would just move to that ballot. Think if this happens Dems will win 1 of those 2 seats & the senate will flip.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:22 PM

11,176 posts, read 8,049,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Republicans desperately dumped a ton of money into the Arizona race, and the seat still swung 32 points toward Democrats.
Republicans won this battle. But the numbers make very clear that they are losing the war.
https://shareblue.com/gop-1-million-...onal-district/

Looks like a "BLUE WAVE" to me, here's even more good news~Dems flip New York state seat that Republicans have held for nearly four decades
Democrats in New York flipped a New York Assembly seat on Tuesday, winning a seat that has been in GOP hands for nearly four decades.
Democrat Steve Stern, a former Suffolk County legislator, beat out Janet Smitelli (R) for AD-10, a Long Island seat, with 59 percent of the vote, according to Daily Kos.
Dems flip New York state seat that Republicans have held for nearly four decades
The DNC spent 1.2 billion on a presidential campaign...... and lost.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:25 PM

29,250 posts, read 22,538,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
That was then, this is now. Do you know that difference?

It's a large one.

Just as it was with Reagan, Carter, Clinton, both Bushes and Obama, this mid-term is likely to have much different results than the one that preceded it in 2016.

You may expect Trump's presence will make things somehow different for him alone, but I sure wouldn't want to bet money it will if I were you.

This election's outcome won't matter at all on what the DNC spent in 2016, no matter how it goes. That's all ancient political history now.

Old 04-29-2018, 03:07 PM

11,176 posts, read 8,049,948 times
Quote:
That was then, this is now. Do you know that difference?

It's a large one.

Just as it was with Reagan, Carter, Clinton, both Bushes and Obama, this mid-term is likely to have much different results than the one that preceded it in 2016.

You may expect Trump's presence will make things somehow different for him alone, but I sure wouldn't want to bet money it will if I were you.

This election's outcome won't matter at all on what the DNC spent in 2016, no matter how it goes. That's all ancient political history now.
It explains why the DNC is broke and in debt... which whether you want to admit it or not is gong to be an issue for them in the future.

Old 04-29-2018, 03:17 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,386,329 times
Quote:
Don't count on it. A lot of Arizonians love Arpaio, because he enforces the law. Democrats don't enforce our laws.

Old 04-29-2018, 05:52 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,386,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Which they had to borrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections