Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:51 PM

113 posts, read 277,411 times

Advertisements

I guess, what Liberals fail to understand is that both Obama and Hillary have economic policies that are simply disastrous. Both believe in Marxism, the idea that big government is supposed to take care of people. The biggest flaw with this type of ideology is that such "wonderful programs" are supported with your tax money.

Such twisted ideology totally contradicts the fundamental American concepts of freedom, liberty and personal responsability. Obama's wonderful programs will cost $850 billion dollars. Who will be paying for them? You! Through increased taxation! Who in a sane state of mind would be Ok with paying even more taxes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 09:57 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,006,266 times
Uh, sorry, but Hillary doesn't believe in "Marxism." She was raised as a Republican and remains a moderate.

Even most of Obama's planned giveaways don't resemble Marxism but I will say that his hugely expanded "Corps" program does resemble it somewhat.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:37 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
This liberal conservative mess has gotten old. conservatives are for giving handouts to the wealthy. liberals are for the poor. the difference lies in where you fall?

If we don't learn how to become a more caring country we are going to continue to rot from within.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:54 PM

There's a difference between being caring and fostering dependence. Yes, sometimes people do need a hand up and sometimes government needs to level the playing field a bit when huge disparities emerge (such as with access to health care) but too many programs are handouts that don't encourage growth and independence. (The government creating over a quarter of a million jobs for college students to earn tuition help is wrong-headed in my view. Why can't they simply get jobs in the free market?!)

Old 03-27-2008, 11:16 PM

403 posts, read 748,834 times
So, what is President Bush Medicare Part D?

Old 03-27-2008, 11:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
There's a difference between being caring and fostering dependence. Yes, sometimes people do need a hand up and sometimes government needs to level the playing field a bit when huge disparities emerge (such as with access to health care) but too many programs are handouts that don't encourage growth and independence. (The government creating over a quarter of a million jobs for college students to earn tuition help is wrong-headed in my view. Why can't they simply get jobs in the free market?!)
Because there aren't any ????

Sick of the un-patriotic who don't believe in paying taxes...wanting everything for free!!!!

Sick of stupid people who think their taxes only go to the poor...what total dolts!
Are they really so stupid they can't figure out who makes up the taxes that corporations with off-shore addresses don't pay!? Who pays the taxes when the ultra-wealthy are given huge tax breaks???

Who pays for bailing out the mortgage/banking fiasco? Who pays for mailing out tax "rebates"? How little tax "rebates" mean? Talk about fostering dependence!!!!
Who pays for bush's war that gets YOU NOTHING BUT DEAD AND WOUNDED....YOUR GRANDHILDREN WILL BE PAYING FOR IT!
Are they REALLY so stupid that they think reducing taxes will make life cheaper?! Well, IF you get a tax break then something else like driver's licenses and other services will go up so Happy tax break, ya cheap whiner! !

You don't like what you erroneously see as marxism but love your FASCIST president....DUH!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:36 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,763 times
The problem will be solved if you can just get the lazy people to work. I do not care if it is for minimum wage or not, there are far too many people who wont work and taking from those of us who do.
The tax base is falling short and if people would be forced to find a job instead of laying around eating all the time you would see the tax base go up and the SS fund rise.
Without weathly people giving us good paying jobs we all would be working at McDonalds.
I never did understand the breaks that I hear went to the rich people? I do not believe this.
Our problem is the lazy people not paying into and taking out of the system.
The non working people are stealing and the rich are giving us jobs. Whose to blame, I say its the freeloaders who wont work.
End welfare and you will see us pay of the debt and become prosperous again.
The free social programs have to be ended. No more of this. If you do not work you do not eat period. No more free food, housing, medical care etc.
We simply cannot afford to pay all these people to sit on their butts anymore.
They have to pay their fair share and they are not doing so.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post
So, what is President Bush Medicare Part D?
Uh, prescription coverage that everyone else who has a health plan gets.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Because there aren't any ???? You don't like what you erroneously see as marxism but love your FASCIST president....DUH!
No jobs? Well, perhaps you need to move, bud. I grew up in the Rust Belt and knew I'd need to relocate, which I did. We don't have ENOUGH workers where I live. The unemployment rate is 3.2% and even McDonald's is offering $10 per hour starting pay to try to compete for workers.

I have no clue what the rest of your rant is about but I didn't vote for Bush. As I've stated umpteen times, I'm a moderate.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:17 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,167 times
Do you not understand that Bush...and his party...have put not only us but our grandchildren so deep in debt to Communist China that we may never get out? Do you not understand that Bush's economic policies have taken us from having a balanced budget with a surplus to bankrupting this country? Do you not understand that Bush gives away our tax money to rich folks who do not work but live off the work of others? Do you not understand that he gives away our tax money to companies that take jobs away from working folks that desperately WANT a job and moves those jobs to countries that use child labor? I think you must have been sleeping during these past 7 years if you can trot out this old, tired rhetoric that has no relationship to the present situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections