Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 09:06 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,363,151 times

Advertisements

Until the Democrats can come up with a message or a platform that convinces voters they can do a better job for the country they are toast.

As of now, they have nothing but "Resist" and have gone way too far to the left for many voters.

People want to know what the Dems can do FOR THEM, and how that would be better. The Dems have aligned themselves with a few segments of society, and not with mainstream America, and many voters won't get on board with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 09:11 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
Why doesn't Bernie get flak for being a draft dodger?
or for never having worked a real job
or owning three homes and complaining about capitalism
or having NO clue how our economy works

he is a typical dem...promising people things he can nor will NEVER deliver
I cant believe people voted for him...or Hillary for that matter

I think the left and liberalism Is taking a huge hit right now...people are becoming more and more disenfranchised with a party that keeps people down so they continue to vote for them...people are smartening up

trump will take 2020

and by 2024 if the left doesn't go back towards center by quite a bit, they will again be in trouble

Old 06-05-2018, 09:14 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Until the Democrats can come up with a message or a platform that convinces voters they can do a better job for the country they are toast.

As of now, they have nothing but "Resist" and have gone way too far to the left for many voters.

People want to know what the Dems can do FOR THEM, and how that would be better. The Dems have aligned themselves with a few segments of society, and not with mainstream America, and many voters won't get on board with that.
excellent post
bill Clinton was the last time I voted dem
as long as the likes of Pelosi, sanders, schumer etc are active in that party they are done

Old 06-05-2018, 09:18 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassTerp94 View Post
The 2020 Democratic field currently looks like:

Bernie again
Howard Schultz (the Starbucks guy)
Deval Patrick

Just swell.
Bernie? He is not a registered democrat--after Hillary shafted him in the primaries-he went back to being a registered IND

Old 06-05-2018, 09:28 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,476,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Too much footage of Biden touching children.
He was left alone because he was on Obama's ticket, and Obama was a media darling.
He won't get away with it without Obama to shield him, especially when Trump is the opponent, because nobody hones in on weaknesses better than Trump.
Trump might not be the opponent in 2020. Do you really think he plans to run again versus walk away and live the life of luxury. Even his son mentioned this week how much better his father's life was before politics.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:34 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I recall there being an Obamagirl but I didn't give enough of my attention to mark down her timing.

At this point in 2006, it seemed that the 2008 election would be Hillary vs Rudy. In 2014, hardly anyone saw tRump as the 2016 GOP nominee or even a serious contender.

So I just think anyone trying to predict the 2020 prez candidates at this point when there aren't obvious front runners is just way too premature.

Predictions at this point?

That is because nobody expected a senator in the second year of his first term would be a credible candidate. I do remember people thinking Trump could and would run and some people right after he announced candidacy, he would be good for America (and this was before his numerous gaffes.)

Old 06-05-2018, 10:56 AM

31,011 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
excellent post
bill Clinton was the last time I voted dem
as long as the likes of Pelosi, sanders, schumer etc are active in that party they are done
Same here, and they shot straight Left, or just weird, after that. The people that control the Democrat party are just a mixed group of who knows what they stand for. The Hollywood casting couch bunch supports them, they complain about the rich capitalist but their Billionaire heroes like Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos are those capitalist, Their favorite peace prize winning president destroys countries, and alienates our Police. Who knows who or what the DNC will nominate

Old 06-05-2018, 11:21 AM

10,728 posts, read 4,336,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump might not be the opponent in 2020. Do you really think he plans to run again versus walk away and live the life of luxury. Even his son mentioned this week how much better his father's life was before politics.
Trump already registered his campaign for 2020, earlier than any President in the history of America.

His son? President Trump himself has said before, he isn't running for President because he wants to, he's running for President because he HAS to because “I don’t hear anyone speaking for the working men and women in the centre”.
See he's already said that he gets nothing out of this personally and that “I am not a political pro trying to top off his resume”.

Its the most selfless Presidency ever, because Trump is so willing to sacrifice his luxurious lifestyle (and a lot of his fortune too).

Old 06-05-2018, 11:37 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,289,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
Trump steamrolls any of them.
What a pathetic group.
BS Trump has an approval rating of 41% according to the 538 politics. That rating leaves him quite vulnerable to a democratic opponent. No one should lose sight of the fact either that he sneaked into office by an 80,000 vote margin in three states.

If the democrats nominate someone other than Bernie or a Hillary Clinton clone I think the odds are in favor of the democrat.

Trump has simply offended too many people with his crudity, bigotry, instability, and dishonesty.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:42 AM

10,728 posts, read 4,336,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
BS Trump has an approval rating of 41% according to the 538 politics. That rating leaves him quite vulnerable to a democratic opponent. No one should lose sight of the fact either that he sneaked into office by an 80,000 vote margin in three states.

If the democrats nominate someone other than Bernie or a Hillary Clinton clone I think the odds are in favor of the democrat.

Trump has simply offended too many people with his crudity, bigotry, instability, and dishonesty.
Trump's RealClearPolitics average approval rating is 44.6%-
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html
And the Reuters Congressional poll has Republicans winning by 2.3%-
Reuters Polling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections