Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 10:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I like Biden.

But he's too old.

It really is that simple.

The Dems are in need of a new generation of leaders.

And Trump or Sanders isn't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 12:14 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
They're too old too. As are McConnell, Pelosi, and a large bunch of other seniors who all need to leave and make room for some fresh new faces.

But it's a chronic problem the baby boomers inherited from the Great Generation- the guy who grew up during WWII. They were the first generation to be so reluctant to give up the reins of power, and became so entrenched they had to age out of office, because they refused to ever give way for others.

Nothing can stop age. Eventually the boomers got their turn at the wheel, but they were all older than they should have been when their turn finally came, so now, they're just as reluctant to make way as their fathers were.

It's mostly a white people thing. White folks are all aging out and aren't making enough replacement babies while they're still young, but everyone who's brown are still making babies young, as nature intended. They are going to be increasingly tomorrow's young leaders, through the sheer force of numbers.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Since you felt compelled to ask:

Of course they are.

So is/was Hillary.

The presidency isn't a position for retirement age individuals.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:43 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,087,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57r3Qa9212s&t=59s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6RPkqwFmME&t=527s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjR1EltHAMk&t=77s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbITGiQLtd0

It sounds like Clinton keeps doing interviews and blaming others as to why she lost. If she kept herself out of the spotlight, we wouldn't talk about her.
So she's talking about herself, but that doesn't explain why conservatives can't stop talking about her. I voted for her and couldn't care less what she has to say these days.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:25 PM

78,477 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So she's talking about herself, but that doesn't explain why conservatives can't stop talking about her. I voted for her and couldn't care less what she has to say these days.
Because she's basically the current 2020 front-runner for the democratic presidential nomination and she keeps showing up in interviews, book tours etc. reminding everyone that she was cheated (and thus shuold be given another chance).

Old 06-11-2018, 12:25 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Because she's basically the current 2020 front-runner for the democratic presidential nomination and she keeps showing up in interviews, book tours etc. reminding everyone that she was cheated (and thus shuold be given another chance).
Despite the hopes and dreams of the Trump voters, Hillary Clinton is not the frontrunner for 2020!

The last time the Democratic party nominated the loser of one election for a second time was Adlai Stevenson, in 1956. The last time a losing Republican was re-nominated was even longer ago than that.

The fact is, once a nominee loses the Presidency, that's it. They're out of presidential politics from then on.

That doesn't prohibit them from writing a book doing interviews or all the rest, and they almost all do. Most still appear as talking heads for their party, too.

Hillary's days are done. Right now, there is no frontrunner. Don't expect one to emerge until 2019 at the earliest.

Old 06-11-2018, 01:39 AM

6,633 posts, read 4,315,455 times
Biden will win the nomination and beat Trump pretty easily.. Everything Trump is doing will be undone.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:18 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,221,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The last time the Democratic party nominated the loser of one election for a second time was Adlai Stevenson, in 1956. The last time a losing Republican was re-nominated was even longer ago than that.
I think you are forgetting Nixon. He lost a squeaker in 1960 and then won a close one in 1968.

If Clinton were younger and had lost to a popular candidate I think she could make an argument for a second run. But she lost to Trump on her second try at the Presidency with major portions of the party and a huge amount of funding.

What will be interesting is where things go when the Dems put someone against Trump without 25 years of baggage hanging to haul. They also have a much clearer view of their deficiencies than prior to the 2106 elections. If anyone starts a HRC for President exploratory committee, I will bet cash money it is a Republican.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:52 AM

6,633 posts, read 4,315,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I think you are forgetting Nixon. He lost a squeaker in 1960 and then won a close one in 1968.

If Clinton were younger and had lost to a popular candidate I think she could make an argument for a second run. But she lost to Trump on her second try at the Presidency with major portions of the party and a huge amount of funding.

What will be interesting is where things go when the Dems put someone against Trump without 25 years of baggage hanging to haul. They also have a much clearer view of their deficiencies than prior to the 2106 elections. If anyone starts a HRC for President exploratory committee, I will bet cash money it is a Republican.
I hope Biden runs. He will absolutely eat trumps lunch in debates. If I was Trump, I'd be very scared of Biden.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:04 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,673,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
I hope Biden runs. He will absolutely eat trumps lunch in debates. If I was Trump, I'd be very scared of Biden.
I agree that Biden would dismantle Trump in the debates as he actually knows how government works. But Joe has some baggage of his own and the Trump side would make sure that loads of crap was thrown.

I'm still thinking I'd like to see a relatively new face for the Democrats. And I would not have any problem voting for a moderate Republican if I didn't care for the candidate the Democrats wind up fielding; done it before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections