Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 11:33 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,988,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
The hypocrisy is staggering.
Certainly is. Libs suddenly concerned with the marital life of a private citizen, but defend to the end a sitting president who cheated on his wife in the oval office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 11:49 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,453,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Certainly is. Libs suddenly concerned with the marital life of a private citizen, but defend to the end a sitting president who cheated on his wife in the oval office.
hahahahaha good one. Very true indeed.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:02 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,673,821 times
Quote:
You do understand that not everyone who doesn't like Trump thinks that what Clinton did was OK? Some people don't line up for or against a politician just because they have a D or R beside their name.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:48 AM

30,655 posts, read 18,263,167 times
Not sad to see him go. I get that some republicans are anti Trump, but the way some if them go and talk against our president you'd think they were democrats campaigning for election in New York City. Like its just not necessary for them to be saying the things they say how they say them. So I say good riddance. Hopefully Mitt loses for the same reasons.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:11 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,221,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Not sad to see him go. I get that some republicans are anti Trump, but the way some if them go and talk against our president you'd think they were democrats campaigning for election in New York City. Like its just not necessary for them to be saying the things they say how they say them. So I say good riddance. Hopefully Mitt loses for the same reasons.
SC is Trump stronghold- Utah is a different electorate entirely. Romney actually ran stronger in this district than Trump- and he did so against a more popular opponent. I can't see Utah being a less Romney friendly electorate than SC.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:21 PM

30,655 posts, read 18,263,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
SC is Trump stronghold- Utah is a different electorate entirely. Romney actually ran stronger in this district than Trump- and he did so against a more popular opponent. I can't see Utah being a less Romney friendly electorate than SC.
Utah is different but I'd caution that Trump ran against two major opponents in Evan M. and Hillary. While those two weren't going to win the state they did split the vote more than would've otherwise been the case. Note this primarily applies to Evan M.'S impact, but Hillary also siphoned off more GOP votes than a typical Democrat would in Utah I'd gather. While only the selected party faithful vote at the gop nominating convention in Utah, it is still telling that Mitt failed to win enough votes to wrap up the nomination earlier. And while more than a few Utahans had reservations about Trump during the campaign, I dare say that he's alleviated most of those fears through his conservative administration. At the end of the day, Romney's criticism of Trump doesn't really have an upside for him electorally and, indeed, has hurt him and was a major reason why he didn't win the nomination at the convention.

Old 06-16-2018, 05:17 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,538,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Plenty of Time To Hike The Appalachian Trail Now
My understanding is that he broke up with the Appalachian Trail. I actually kinda liked him. I wonder which cable network he may find work at now.

Old 06-16-2018, 05:21 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,538,367 times
Quote:
I guess the only different between Bill and the Donald is that Trump, as far as we know, has never got jiggy with it in the Oval Office.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:03 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,498,421 times
Quote:
Certainly is. Trumpees suddenly concerned with the marital life of a private citizen, but defend to the end a sitting president who cheated on wife #1, wife #2, wife #3.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:14 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,728,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yeah, the man who brought his mistress on a family vacation called Sanford out on his adultery.
And people bought it.

We truly live in bizarro world.
That's what I can't get over, though by now I should. Trump called him out on his infidelity. Trump did that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections