Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you prefer out of Joe Biden vs Kamala Harris in 2020
Joe Biden 21 51.22%
Kamala Harris 7 17.07%
I'm not democratic voter and interested to see the results 13 31.71%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 04:12 PM

754 posts, read 486,481 times

Advertisements

I'm reading a lot of comments on social media from democrats and liberals with regards to the potential 2020 nominee.

People will say we're a long way off but remember people will start announcing their candidacies in early 2019, and the first debates will actually begin in the summer 2019, so we're just a year off from the 2020 primary season beginning.

I have noticed a sharp divide between people supporting Joe Biden and those preferring Kamala Harris. Joe Biden will be 78 in his first term should he be elected, will have issues in the #metoo environment for past conduct, but does have the advantage of being Obama's main buddy and is popular in the rust belt.

Kamala Harris is a rookie Senator, with little experience, but is young, attractive, multi racial, and might resonate better with younger Americans, and of course is much more likely to serve out 2 terms than Joe.

I would never rule out Bernie's chances either, especially in a 20 man split field, but Harris vs Biden is a very very likely prospect and I'm just wondering if it did come down to those two which way would democrats go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 05:25 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,666,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
I'm reading a lot of comments on social media from democrats and liberals with regards to the potential 2020 nominee.

People will say we're a long way off but remember people will start announcing their candidacies in early 2019, and the first debates will actually begin in the summer 2019, so we're just a year off from the 2020 primary season beginning.

I have noticed a sharp divide between people supporting Joe Biden and those preferring Kamala Harris. Joe Biden will be 78 in his first term should he be elected, will have issues in the #metoo environment for past conduct, but does have the advantage of being Obama's main buddy and is popular in the rust belt.

Kamala Harris is a rookie Senator, with little experience, but is young, attractive, multi racial, and might resonate better with younger Americans, and of course is much more likely to serve out 2 terms than Joe.

I would never rule out Bernie's chances either, especially in a 20 man split field, but Harris vs Biden is a very very likely prospect and I'm just wondering if it did come down to those two which way would democrats go?
To you a Harris vs Biden contest is a very, very likely prospect. To me, it is about as likely as Sasquatch vs Yeti. Long ways to go to shake out who will be running

Old 07-31-2018, 06:11 PM

602 posts, read 505,604 times
Harris, because although I have no problem with Biden politically I'd consider his age a factor - after all he'd set the record for the oldest sitting President the day he takes office if he wins in 2020 (on the other hand if Trump gets re-elected and serves all or enough of his second term he'd end up doing the same thing).

Old 07-31-2018, 06:26 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
The Dems run Kamala Harris and they're gonna lose. Again.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:13 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
To you a Harris vs Biden contest is a very, very likely prospect. To me, it is about as likely as Sasquatch vs Yeti. Long ways to go to shake out who will be running
Yup. The shake-out is a way off, but it's coming. And just like the Republican shake-out of 2015, 2020 will be just as big and just as surprising.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:42 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,126,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyXY View Post
Harris, because although I have no problem with Biden politically I'd consider his age a factor - after all he'd set the record for the oldest sitting President the day he takes office if he wins in 2020 (on the other hand if Trump gets re-elected and serves all or enough of his second term he'd end up doing the same thing).
Of the two, I would prefer Harris as well but will vote for whichever candidate has the most chance to beat Trump. We can't have another 4 years of corruption and incompetence at the highest office.

Unfortunately, as strong a candidate as Harris is, I doubt that Americans are ready for another black POTUS, let alone a female one.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:52 PM

19,536 posts, read 9,549,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post

I have noticed a sharp divide between people supporting Joe Biden and those preferring Kamala Harris. Joe Biden will be 78in his first term should he be elected, will have issues in the #metoo environment for past conduct, but does have the advantage of being Obama's main buddy and is popular in the rust belt.

Bernie isn't exactly a spring chicken, ya know

Old 08-01-2018, 08:25 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
I always loved Joe Biden and I don't think a woman can win in this country, so definitely Joe Biden.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:34 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
I like Joe and he's been around D.C. for moons, but he's getting up there in age and it's showing...the job is grueling and not for the older.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:35 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Of the two, I would prefer Harris as well but will vote for whichever candidate has the most chance to beat Trump. We can't have another 4 years of corruption and incompetence at the highest office.

Unfortunately, as strong a candidate as Harris is, I doubt that Americans are ready for another black POTUS, let alone a female one.
I'd love to see Harris and do like Joe a lot but fear his age is against him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections