Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Obama when he says he sat in the pew for 23 years and never heard/read about any hate
Yes, I believe Obama 100%. He never heard/read about any hate for 23 years and didn't know about Wright and Farrakahan. 11 14.29%
No, The guy is a LIAR. Come on!! 23 years and you are THAT blind to all the hate??!? 59 76.62%
I don't know / not sure. 7 9.09%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:01 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,097 times

Advertisements

I have to wonder why there was a thread a couple of days ago that talked about the different religious leaders,their controversal comments and links to other presidental candidates just died and this one keeps going?

Could it be because there were grains of truth in that thread and some people who frequent the forum don't want to own up to it?

I also keep hearing how racism is in the past but certain members of the forum keep rehashing the statements that Rev. Wright made.

Why the double standard? Or is that question too difficult to answer and will just be buried by more of Rev. Wrights quotes?

Old 04-03-2008, 09:12 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
I also keep hearing how racism is in the past but certain members of the forum keep rehashing the statements that Rev. Wright made.

Why the double standard? Or is that question too difficult to answer and will just be buried by more of Rev. Wrights quotes?
Double standard indeed!

rev Wright's statements are racist, but some who are Obama supporters/agree with the statements refuse to acknowledge that they are indeed racist.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:16 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Yours are the only statements filled with xenophia and hatred. You are the one with the issues surrounding the truth about America atrocities against people of color globally being spoken aloud. Rev. Wright is merely the scape goat for delusional racists in denial who simply wish to fast forward and omit reality.
Pardon me, but you are the one who throws around the racism card when some don't agree with you.

You are the one who refuses to admit that most of the atrocities committed against people of color are done by their own.

Rev. Wright is the delusional racist living in the past, perpetuating the "victim/racism" card.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:53 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,314,373 times

I guess it is hard medicine to swallow that so many people actually do believe that Obama is a liar. We are the general public and we do believe that he is a liar and this poll is as representative as any other poll would be.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:13 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
I guess it is hard medicine to swallow that so many people actually do believe that Obama is a liar. We are the general public and we do believe that he is a liar and this poll is as representative as any other poll would be.
ROFL, since when did Obama bashers become the general public? 95% of the posters who voted no in the poll have a history of bashing Obama.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:23 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Double standard indeed!

rev Wright's statements are racist, but some who are Obama supporters/agree with the statements refuse to acknowledge that they are indeed racist.
Hmmm so Rev. Wright statements are the only ones that are racist when you look at the thread I mentioned? Did you even bother to look in the thread?

Are some Hillary supporters that keep bringing up the race issue racist as well? Maybe on this board, but I'm going to say that the general public (which this board does not represent) are not.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:58 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,478 times
He is one of two things, a liar ( which we all know he lied ) or he is plan and simple a racist pig like his racist pig pastor and doesn't understand the hate the idiot pastor is teaching and pushing the younger generations to hate like they do.

So, yes he lied to us once and the lord knows how many more times he has and will lie to us.

Again, it comes down to his lack of judgement, he is not qualified to be a President or a Senator for that matter. He accomplished "zero" as a Senator and yet people think he can run a country when he cannot control his own mentors mouth of hate.

Give us all a break, he is a liar racist pig just like his mentor pastor.

Oprah Winfrey went to that same church and left it because of this hate filled trash, but then again she is above and beyond Obama in many ways.

We do not need a liar or a divider like Obama in the White House.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:11 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,314,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
ROFL, since when did Obama bashers become the general public? 95% of the posters who voted no in the poll have a history of bashing Obama.
Sour grapes or sore loser? Your just upset because the poll supports the view that Obama is a liar. I am just an average voter and not a fanatic by any means. I could have just as easily voted for Obama or McCain depending on an assorted number of things. I decided Hillary was the best candidate. Aren't you one of the more outspoken Hillary bashers? Get a grip... this is REALLY how most of us feel about your wonderful candidate.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:22 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
And 100% of the Obama followers cannot stand for the truth to come out.

I do not like Hillary either but you Obama fans seem to think everyone who dislikes Obama is a Hillary fan, it's 100% not true!

I do not like either of them and Obama is a liar period. Listen to the tapes again.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:45 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Sour grapes or sore loser? Your just upset because the poll supports the view that Obama is a liar. I am just an average voter and not a fanatic by any means. I could have just as easily voted for Obama or McCain depending on an assorted number of things. I decided Hillary was the best candidate. Aren't you one of the more outspoken Hillary bashers? Get a grip... this is REALLY how most of us feel about your wonderful candidate.
No, i have never bashed hillary, besides polls on here are worthless. You should have seen the number of polls ron paul won on here during the republican primaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections