Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Obama when he says he sat in the pew for 23 years and never heard/read about any hate
Yes, I believe Obama 100%. He never heard/read about any hate for 23 years and didn't know about Wright and Farrakahan. 11 14.29%
No, The guy is a LIAR. Come on!! 23 years and you are THAT blind to all the hate??!? 59 76.62%
I don't know / not sure. 7 9.09%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 05:21 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I might also add that as a black man, Obama has NOT been given the consideration that Clinton, McCain, or any white person has in the country as he has sought to discover and determine his destiny. It has been a harder road for him, like it is for any black person in this country. More barriers, more opposition, less consideration, more skepticism, lower raises, fewer opportunities, first to fire, last to hire, prone to being skipped over, prone to be rejected, snubbed, ridiculed, ignored, steered, deceived, discriminated against, and hated. That Obama stands where he is today speaks volumes about where he's been, who he is, what he brings to the table. Obviously, the majority of the country recognizes this.
I'm curious. Would you say the same of Condi, Colin Powell and Clarence Thomas?

Old 04-04-2008, 05:40 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,238,916 times
No I don't believe him. But then I believe very little of what any career politicians says. They lie out of habit and can't control themselves.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:38 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,318,006 times
Gee, 75% think that Obama is a liar... I wonder what the next primaries will reveal. This is interesting because it seems that there are more Obama followers on this sight or maybe that is because they are more outspoken and get more attention. I would have figured with all the treads from the Obama people about Hillary being a liar that she would have been ahead in this poll. Very interesting. I think Hillary still has a chance no matter how the media is trying to sway the votes to Obama.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:01 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,782,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Actually I did and I think I slept through it... yawnnnnnnnnn.
Ah, ignorance is bliss, eh?

Old 04-04-2008, 11:54 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,450,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
What does sunshine have to do with it? Sunshine means the sun, the heat, the ocean etc.

And no matter if I am sunny or not, I have an opinion on Obama and I see many more are following in my footsteps as time goes by.

The truth is this man has not one single qualification to become our President, not one.

No accomplishments while being a Senator, lack of judgment of people, poor skills with people who put him on the edge or challenge him, experience is a necessary factor for this job and his resume is very short. His ability to speak does "not" overule his ability to lead our country.

For me, he is not yet ready, able to qualified to become our President.

So, sunny will stay smiles and sunshine for me as long as Mr. Obama doesnt get into the White House and tax me to pieces.

Sunshine will again me shining because my family is best protected by someone with experience in McCain. Although I do not agree with him on many issues, I do on my heart believe he will be a strong protective President who will kick butt if need be or make darn sure we are safe first and foremost.

The Presidents job is to protect us first and foremost, the rest is just part of the job. So with that said Obama nor Hillary qualify for the job.

Would you want me to change my name to Honest Chick? Because I am just being honest with myself and fell for his line of change for a short time, not any longer. I like many got so tired of a Bush White House I was willing to listen, now I listen, think and react and McCain fits me and my families needs better then the other two who have divided destroyed my former party all by themselves.
Please feel free to vote for the candidate of your choice, then. And regardless of who replaces Bush, I think we'll all be as safe as we've ever been.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:25 PM

270 posts, read 527,365 times
The poll should read are Clinton, Obama, and McCain liars. It should be 100% yes. They all are and if you voted no you are a liar to.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:19 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,618,264 times
Wow, guess I was not the only one to see he totally and outright lied to us and got caught doing it.
This guy is running on change and honesty, well he has failed at both of them.
The media has allowed this to pass and given him a free ride on this. There is lies, but this one takes the cake.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:09 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,466,798 times
It really doesn't matter that 75% or 100% of the people on this thread think he lied because the "national polls" prove otherwise. Obama bounced back very well after his speech. I guess there are a lot more people, like myself who listened very carefully to what Obama said, instead of assuming he was there for those particular sermons and heard those particular words. We are all delusional characters, the supporters and those recent super delegates who have endorsed Obama, including the Clinton's friend Bill Richardson which came "after" the Rev. Wright story.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:03 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,318,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
It really doesn't matter that 75% or 100% of the people on this thread think he lied because the "national polls" prove otherwise. Obama bounced back very well after his speech. I guess there are a lot more people, like myself who listened very carefully to what Obama said, instead of assuming he was there for those particular sermons and heard those particular words. We are all delusional characters, the supporters and those recent super delegates who have endorsed Obama, including the Clinton's friend Bill Richardson which came "after" the Rev. Wright story.
Richardson wants to be VP... they are all going to jump on the bandwagon to protect their personal interest (it is called survival) and they don't care about what happens in the future... hey, they voted for Bush afterall (can you imagine). It is a popularity contest and not a contest of substance.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:22 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,477,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Do you believe Obama when he says he sat in the pew for 23 years and never heard/read about any hate from Wright?

It is a simple question: do you believe that Obama attended a church for 23 consecutive years and NOT ONE TIME, did he hear (or read in the church newsletter) Jeremiah Wright spill hateful, anti-American, racists rants???

Do you also believe that Obama NEVER knew that his "church" was involved with the racist, anti-Jew, anti-American hatemonger, Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam??

Simple questions. Please vote. Thank you.
When the clips are played in their entirety, they are a completely different animal than what our sensationalist corporate ***** media has portrayed.

YouTube - FOX Lies!! Irresponsible Media! Barack Obama Pastor Wright

YouTube - Tell the Whole Story FOX! Barack Obama's pastor Wright

Last edited by SLCPUNK; 04-05-2008 at 12:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections