Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 03:38 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,873,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
How do you know that Obama has forgotten about the white, hispanic, or asian community? When has he ever shown an AVERSION to these communities? Show some evidence that he has been anti-white, anti-asian, anti-hispanic.
His little slip of the tongue about "typical white person" says it all. Those three little words speaks thousands of words about what is in his mind and his beliefs.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:13 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
His little slip of the tongue about "typical white person" says it all. Those three little words speaks thousands of words about what is in his mind and his beliefs.
How would YOU say his mother is a "typical white person" - keeping in mind that:

A) She's white (the speach WAS about race after all, so you can't leave that out).

B) She's an average person.

Ken

Old 04-04-2008, 05:21 PM

374 posts, read 231,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
When I see all of these hard core Obama supporters who simply listen to sermon-like speeches and think that Obama is the best thing that ever happened to the country. When I see all these people who will not look at the real issues that effect our country but have this false sense of hope that everything will be fine when Obama is in office it really scares me. It turns me off and I really don't want to hear anything that Obama has to say. Does anyone else feel the same way?
Oh please. This sounds like a flaming thread. To get everyone all worked up. Over what? Because you have no hope or faith in your life? Vote for the person who bests matches your views. Stop putting up anti-Obama threads which are meant to get people all worked up. Instead of talking about what Obama doesn't do for you, talk about the canidate you like and what they do for you and why they are better. Not some thread that brings no substance to the subject.You don't want to hear anything he wants to say, but you're quick to put up a thread about him. Interesting.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:36 PM

27,218 posts, read 46,791,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
When I see all of these hard core Obama supporters who simply listen to sermon-like speeches and think that Obama is the best thing that ever happened to the country. When I see all these people who will not look at the real issues that effect our country but have this false sense of hope that everything will be fine when Obama is in office it really scares me. It turns me off and I really don't want to hear anything that Obama has to say. Does anyone else feel the same way?
IMO Obama when is giving a speech he is imitating all the rev. he is friends with. They all speak with the same tone and have the same way of body language.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
IMO Obama when is giving a speech he is imitating all the rev. he is friends with. They all speak with the same tone and have the same way of body language.
Sure they do. Don't they remind you of MLK's style too. I tell ya, all black people talk the same, don't they?

Old 04-04-2008, 05:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
How would YOU say his mother is a "typical white person" - keeping in mind that:

A) She's white (the speach WAS about race after all, so you can't leave that out).

B) She's an average person.

Ken
Um.no. His context was "typical white person" as in, afraid of black men, wasn't it?

Old 04-04-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Um.no. His context was "typical white person" as in, afraid of black men, wasn't it?
If thats what you believe in your heart...believe it. Obama supporters are not here to make you change you mind on what you believe is true and not true. You see, we Obama supporters are bad people. And this thread says we do things for you to hate us. Hate...seems to be the main topic of interest for so many on here. Interesting.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:53 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,097,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
None of this is issues related at all and all based on emotion. The very thing you accuse Barack Obama fans of being, you in fact engage in yourself. How the candidate puts you at ease is more important then the issues. There's nothing wrong with that but I wish youd quit pretending that it doesnt matter to you.

That's the only explanantion I can think of to explain why a Hillary supporter would switch to McCain-because on the real issues, they are world's apart.
Obama is far left, Hillary is more centrist and McCain is a moderate conservative. Some tend to swing left, others right..others prefer the middle. Hillary is more towards the middle and that is what I prefer. If I am forced to choose between mid-right and extreme left I'm going to choose the right every time. Hillary is seen by many as the most middle of the road canidate.

That's why in a nutshell.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:54 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So you don't think that whites were untrusting of blacks back in Obama's grandmothers' time?

Everything was all peachy-keen back then eh?

Hmmmm.

Ken

Old 04-04-2008, 05:59 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,097,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets agree to disagree View Post
If thats what you believe in your heart...believe it. Obama supporters are not here to make you change you mind on what you believe is true and not true. You see, we Obama supporters are bad people. And this thread says we do things for you to hate us. Hate...seems to be the main topic of interest for so many on here. Interesting.
Well calling all hillary supporters stupid, poor racists really does not make people get the warm and fuzzies for the Obama people. Been here only a couple months but the first post I had here stating I supported Hillary the comments started rollin.

Not that YOU do that, but some seem to make a sport out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections