Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:25 AM

270 posts, read 527,816 times

Advertisements

When I see all of these hard core Obama supporters who simply listen to sermon-like speeches and think that Obama is the best thing that ever happened to the country. When I see all these people who will not look at the real issues that effect our country but have this false sense of hope that everything will be fine when Obama is in office it really scares me. It turns me off and I really don't want to hear anything that Obama has to say. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Old 04-04-2008, 10:29 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,216,997 times
I think most people are turned off by the supporters of another candidate. I'm turned off by Hillary's supporters but that's just the nature of the game. You end up disliking people who talk trash about your candidate and they end up disliking you for bagging on their candidate.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:33 AM

48,502 posts, read 97,046,955 times
Frankly: i think many have started to get tired of the other side is evil thing in the democratic party. They started with bush and now they are at each others throats.Almaost as if people have to make the other side some evil empire to get justifytheir vote.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:34 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,594,972 times
I think many Hiilary supporters make people anti-Hillary. It all depends on your perspective.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:37 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,576,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
When I see all of these hard core Obama supporters who simply listen to sermon-like speeches and think that Obama is the best thing that ever happened to the country. When I see all these people who will not look at the real issues that effect our country but have this false sense of hope that everything will be fine when Obama is in office it really scares me. It turns me off and I really don't want to hear anything that Obama has to say. Does anyone else feel the same way?
I'm not opposed to people passionatley supporting their candidate. I am opposed to people stupidly supporting their candidate. We get a lot of the latter around here.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:43 AM

451 posts, read 1,229,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
I'm not opposed to people passionatley supporting their candidate. I am opposed to people stupidly supporting their candidate. We get a lot of the latter around here.
I think you hit the nail on the head. When you have a bunch of folks who support a canididate who have no clue of the issues or don't know why they like a particular canidate that irks a lot of people. One thing I have learned is that issues are different depending on your situation in America. Each Canidate should have something that draws you in and makes you support them.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:46 AM

270 posts, read 527,816 times
I am not anti-McCain because of his supporters. I am not anti-Clinton because of her supporters. On this website it just seems like people are blind to facts. They think that Obama can do no wrong and Clinton and McCain are these terrible people. I don't trust any of the candidates and the Obama supporters just make me dislike him more than the others. I am not opposed to people passionantly supporting a candidate but when they cannot admit obvious flaws in their candidate it drives me crazy.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:55 AM

2,935 posts, read 6,725,991 times
Quote:
I am not anti-McCain because of his supporters. I am not anti-Clinton because of her supporters. On this website it just seems like people are blind to facts. They think that Obama can do no wrong and Clinton and McCain are these terrible people. I don't trust any of the candidates and the Obama supporters just make me dislike him more than the others. I am not opposed to people passionantly supporting a candidate but when they cannot admit obvious flaws in their candidate it drives me crazy.
I agree... it's rather childish. But it mirrors the partisan rhetoric that we see all the time as well. Action X is ok if the D or R party does it, but the same action is criminal if the R or D party does it. The conclusion I have come to is that there aren't many independent thinkers in the world... the term sheep really does apply.

But what keeps me coming back is that there are some people here that I completely disagree with philosophically, but they actually have well thought out arguments. More often than not I will disagree with people as often as I will agree with them... which makes for interesting discussion. For the sheep I will need to learn how to use the ignore function

Old 04-04-2008, 10:55 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,389,742 times
ANYONE who makes their decision about who they are going to vote for based on what the supporters of that candidate are like (rather than on the candidate himself/herself) is an idiot. It's as simple as that. The supporters of a particular candidate are not running for office, the CANDIDATE is running for office. If you don't like the candidate, then fine, don't vote for the candidate, but don't make that decision on whether or not you like his/her supporters. That's just dumb.

The fact of the matter is, on policy issues, Obama and Clinton are far more alike than they are different.

Ken

Old 04-04-2008, 10:56 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,216,997 times
Quote:

See, people always cast this blanket over all Obama supporters. I've been following his career since his brilliant keynote speech at the DNC in 2004. And I'm mainly supporting him because of his stances on the issues. When push comes to shove, that's how I choose a candidate, based on the issues. You have to agree that most Clinton supporters must choose based on the issues as well since they also manage to avoid the plethora of shady deals and downright lies in her past. I think the "oblivious" blanket should be cast on supporters of both candidates if it's cast at all. Just because the vocal majority likes someone because he's "new" or "cool" doesn't mean that the rest of us subscribe to that way of thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections