Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 09:58 AM

10,573 posts, read 4,102,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Broward County Elections Supervisor Brenda Snipes has a long history of incompetence and questionable ethics.

Just this past May a court ruling found that Broward Elections Supervisor Brenda Snipes had illegally destroyed ballots from the 2016 Congressional race. In 2016, early voting results for Broward County were posted a half hour before polls closed, in violation of election law. And her office was sued because a Constitutional amendment was missing from some mail-in ballots.

Yet they allowed her to continue in her job!

So for this year’s Mid Term elections the Governor’s office promised to send election experts from the Florida Department of State to Snipes’ office “to ensure that all laws are followed” and “to observe the administration of the election.”

What happened? :confused
:
We know what happened. They were sent there and did their job. Polling closed, they over saw the ballots being counted, the voting seemed to be legit, supervisor of elections down there clapped her hands, told everyone that they all did a good job so it's time to go home. They closed the doors, the independent counsel thought it was shut and closed case, and left. And then, as soon as they were out of sight, the supervisor of elections opened up the doors and had all of her goons come with the newfound ballots. When the independent overseers were alerted, they attempted to come back to oversee the process, and they were denied entry. And this is why Scott is suing now because the democrats in Broward and Palm Beach County are indeed being shady as hell. In fact, I bet they also messed with the primary votes because Graham and Levine were leading the polls, but I think they pushed Gillium on through knowing he would bring out the Black community that hate white people. And judging by the comments on my social media pages, I am correct. Sadly, the most vocal for Gillium and against DeSantis are coming from the Haitian and Jamaican immigrants. I guess they believe his lies about free college and healthcare and living the life off of the rich white man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 10:01 AM

10,512 posts, read 5,187,655 times
Democrats = gracious concession speeches

Republicans = allege voter fraud, sore losers

Old 11-09-2018, 10:03 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,853,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
oh, right. because the GOP has full control of each and every ballot in the state

They do when it comes to recounts in FL. In FL the woman in Broward County who oversees the elections/ballots was a Jeb Bush appointee....

The Secretary of State in FL is a Republican. They are all in charge of counting the ballots. Also, as noted - the issue isn't about "found" ballots, it is about counting the ones they have. Do you not want the absentee/provisional ballots counted...? If not, why not? I thought you conservatives were about "fair" elections without fraud. The biggest fraud in voting is not counting votes.

We know about dude in GA....He's a piece of work and has finally resigned his duties after suppressing votes in the state so he could stand a better chance of winning. We'll see how he does in the runoff if it occurs. It is always amazing to me in GA that people are so easily able to overlook ethics violations - even though it is not all that amazing since I know racism is a reason why many people wouldn't vote for his opponent there.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Counties run the vote. not the state.
Broward county officials have been convicted of destroying ballots and those same people are working the ballots today, without oversight.
This is when we need a law on the books that if your are convicted of any kind of voter fraud, no matter who you are, it needs to be considered a felony and that you are barred from voting rights or eligible to run for any political seat ever again. This will stop many of these corrupt elections. Heck, I think the Bush of 2000 was corrupt on both sides.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
No. Its a county thing. Broward has been accused int he past of ballot stuffing . Sounds like theyre doing it again. Complete incompetence on the county level. Old crook pictured at this link
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...t-in-the-mail/

See above - the woman in charge of tallying ballots in Broward was a Bush appointee

Old 11-09-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
not against counting all legal votes

am against counting jose' s the illegals vote

am against counting Joe Smith from Augusta GA for a district representing Atlanta GA

am against counting jane doe's vote for Georgia, when she is actually now a South Carolina resident, but still on the Georgia rolls

am against having Frankie D's vote count 3 times

am against convicted 3 time felon Greg Brady vote even being allowed

I am against liberals constantly throwing out the military absentee votes

None of these fabricated scenarios are occuring so you shouldn't be against anything.

Not sure where you got this sort of fantasy spin. Probably your outlandish blog/video sites you follow as if they are real journalism when they are just stoking your fear of "the others." Sad so many people have this sort of paranoia.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:14 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,080,374 times
It is not automatically one party or another's fault when problems occur.

Elections are run at the county level, which start with the respective county election boards, move to the registration and elections supervisor/director, his or her staff - which is minimal - and involves dozens of 'volunteers' who do earn a small amount of pay, but are basically volunteers. The volunteers are usually involved in the lead up, on and after the election day.

Quit looking for partisan politics to support your political point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
FYI - both GA and FL are GOP controlled states. If ballots were lost - the GOP were the ones that lost them, probably trying to pull the shenanigans they always pull in GA BTW in order to stay in office.

Also from accounts I've read, there hasn't been a case of lost/found ballots - it is the case of absentee ballots and provisional ballots (paper) that need to be counted and added to the tally of voters.

Not sure why so many of you are so against counting all votes in an election.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Kemp oversees all election centers. ALL of them. That's his job.

Just before the elections he chose to lock up machines in counties that were Democratic.

It could all be legit -- but there were too many THINGS he started to manipulate weeks before the election as the race got tighter.

I don't think there was any real fraud committed by Kemp.

But he most certainly made decisions that would favor his race.

And the fact he was able to do damages the integrity of the electoral process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
wrong

the county had the machines..had them for early voting

the county (democrat run) is the one that moved them to the new (official) polling places from the early voting polling places.. the county made the mistake..had ZERO to do with kemp

Fulton County's Barron said that although Kemp is SoS, "he doesn't have any say in county operations."

I agree iwth moneill in regards to Kemp. I lived in GA a long time and what he did/does is nothing unusual for the GOP there when they feel challenged.

In regard to the bold - in GA as in every place I've ever lived, all the polling sites are not open during the early vote period. Only a few of them are. Where I live we only have one place to early vote. When I lived in Atlanta only one place in my zone was open for early voting.

Not sure why you'd think they would have all the machines out during that period.

Kemp in GA as Sec of State, his office oversees/coordinates voting. He has also not funding improving GA voting machines, which are nearly 20 years old. Their system has been hacked multiple times and he blames Democrats and other people for him not upgrading the system and taking more precautions to not only make elections more valid but to make voter information more secure.

My and some members of my family (including one of my children) had our information stolen in the State of GA because the GOP there is tight with money and just won't spend what is necessary to upgrade their systems in many areas. Yet he made some stupid rule about if your hyphenated last name didn't have a hyphen in it in the system, you couldn't vote lol. He's not the guy you'd take up for. And note, the current governor - Deal, is not that great of a guy and had his own issues with ethics but he is WAY less sheisty than Kemp.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:15 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,080,374 times
And she has been sued by both political parties, successfully and unsuccessfully over the years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
See above - the woman in charge of tallying ballots in Broward was a Bush appointee

Old 11-09-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
And laws broken throughout the process by someone he broke election laws in the past.

Someone needs to go to jail for a very long time. But that never happens.
You know why though? It's because pretty much all of our government officials are corrupt or have some shady past, either be it a politician, to a local judge or LEO. And they won't risk their lives being ruined to go up against this corruption. And the few who do go up against them, they get ousted like Julian Assange and Edward Snowden, as well as the suspicious deaths of Shawn Lucas and Seth Rich, both who worked for the DNC, and the former was filing a law suit against the DNC for fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections