Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 05:42 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,345,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Please.

Who else is there?
Who else is there? This is the best choice of candidates we've had in years!

O'Rourke, Brown, Klobachur, Harris, Schultz, and many many more.

History is your friend. Bill Clinton did not emerge as a winner until very late in the game--election year, and it was just an organic movement leaning towards he and Gore after too many old men.

It is only January 2019. Chill. Candidates will go under and candidates will emerge.

Bernie is very simply -- way too old. He could never get near a second term. He is going to be 79 in 2 years. Nobody wants an 85 year old president, just like they don't want Prince Philip driving a Land Rover around the back roads of England. Bernie is not even a Dem. His time has passed.

Millennials are the biggest voting block next election. Some are for Bernie. Most will want someone younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 05:46 PM

15,506 posts, read 6,487,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Who else is there? This is the best choice of candidates we've had in years!

O'Rourke, Brown, Klobachur, Harris, Schultz, and many many more.

History is your friend. Bill Clinton did not emerge as a winner until very late in the game--election year, and it was just an organic movement leaning towards he and Gore after too many old men.

It is only January 2019. Chill. Candidates will go under and candidates will emerge.

Bernie is very simply -- way too old. He could never get near a second term. He is going to be 79 in 2 years. Nobody wants an 85 year old president, just like they don't want Prince Philip driving a Land Rover around the back roads of England. Bernie is not even a Dem. His time has passed.

Millennials are the biggest voting block next election. Some are for Bernie. Most will want someone younger.
If someone comes who who I like more, I'll vote for them.

None of the ones you mention I'd support.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:48 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,680,256 times
Quote:
Now that’s a propaganda term made up by the media. Especially when most of his supporters where women and minorities.

But what about Kamala do you like? Did you like when she went after parents whose kids missed three days of school? Nin-violent drug offenders? Or was it when she shook hands with the elite and played politics to get to the top?

The new Kamala that you like has taken her ideas from Bernie. M4 all, cancelling student debt, etc.

That means you’re supporting Bernie’s record, something he has fought for his who life. How does that make you feel? The propaganda by the corporate media can’t even give you a logical line of reasoning for supporting her besides some vague platitudes.
As I said in the other forum. I don't support her . My profile status has said for 6 months that I'm voting for Joe Biden . The fact that you keep repeating that falsehood shows me that your posts aren't about discussing her policies, but rather just attacking her because she hurts your precious Bernie

Bernie Bros was a term his supporters coined, not his detracters . Also, Bernie's supports we're a minority in themselves, but it is possible that with in that minority, they were minority and women. But I doubt it .

Also, I never said I like Kamala Harris, this is about you and your claims . So why don't you name the things you claim she did that hurt people of color instead of trying to deflect .

Old 01-28-2019, 05:49 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,441,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yeah, she just got $20 billion in settlements for California homeowners, but other than that, she didn't bother to do anything
Seems like a fair point BUT...........I get tired of the excuses that they can not criminally charge fraudulent behavior. I believe her promise was to criminally charge those who committed fraud. She did not.

She did good by holding out but we will see how much these banks now give to her campaign. If she takes none, I will consider her. Think that will happen?

Old 01-28-2019, 06:01 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,216,820 times
Quote:
You're right, and democratic politicians like Kamala and Obama never talked about them.

It's time to face the realities of your party:

https://twitter.com/WillisJermane/st...83025713213440
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-payer_healthcare
"A number of proposals have been made for a universal single-payer healthcare system in the United States, among them the United States National Health Care Act (popularly known as H.R. 676 or "Medicare for All") originally introduced in the House in February 2003 and repeatedly since."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ealth_Care_Act
"The United States National Health Care Act, or the Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Act (H.R. 676), is a bill, first introduced in the United States House of Representatives in 2003 with 25 cosponsors by former Representative John Conyers (D-MI)."

Bernie did introduce "Medicare for all" in 2013. (Op cit) When he introduced it again in 2017, well after Trump became president, Kamala Harris was one of the co-sponsors. (Op cit)

I'm not sure what you mean by "my party". I'm one of these Colorado Indpendents.

Who is Jermane Lee Willis and why should we believe what he says about Ms. Harris, not that I'm necessarily supporting her.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
As I said in the other forum. I don't support her . My profile status has said for 6 months that I'm voting for Joe Biden . The fact that you keep repeating that falsehood shows me that your posts aren't about discussing her policies, but rather just attacking her because she hurts your precious Bernie

Bernie Bros was a term his supporters coined, not his detracters . Also, Bernie's supports we're a minority in themselves, but it is possible that with in that minority, they were minority and women. But I doubt it .

Also, I never said I like Kamala Harris, this is about you and your claims . So why don't you name the things you claim she did that hurt people of color instead of trying to deflect .
Ok:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9hkPET227Q

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/08/k...torney-general

Old 01-28-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-payer_healthcare
"A number of proposals have been made for a universal single-payer healthcare system in the United States, among them the United States National Health Care Act (popularly known as H.R. 676 or "Medicare for All") originally introduced in the House in February 2003 and repeatedly since."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ealth_Care_Act
"The United States National Health Care Act, or the Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Act (H.R. 676), is a bill, first introduced in the United States House of Representatives in 2003 with 25 cosponsors by former Representative John Conyers (D-MI)."

Bernie did introduce "Medicare for all" in 2013. (Op cit) When he introduced it again in 2017, well after Trump became president, Kamala Harris was one of the co-sponsors. (Op cit)

I'm not sure what you mean by "my party". I'm one of these Colorado Indpendents.

Who is Jermane Lee Willis and why should we believe what he says about Ms. Harris, not that I'm necessarily supporting her.
I know this, but policy like ending college debt, single payer, etc. weren't discussed by the democratic party openly for a long time. Now it has become MS since Bernie ran.

As for the bold, I have no clue, I only watched the video. Glenn Greenwald retweeted which is where I got it.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:27 PM

Dude I'm not watching a 25 minute video. Type 2 things she did that hurt people of color simply because they were people of color .

I'm mean actual things she did, not what the police chief in San Francisco did, because regardless of biased policing , a criminal is still a criminal .

Old 01-28-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Dude I'm not watching a 25 minute video. Type 2 things she did that hurt people of color simply because they were people of color .

I'm mean actual things she did, not what the police chief in San Francisco did, because regardless of biased policing , a criminal is still a criminal .
The bold is false as I never claimed she purposefully went after POC, only that that was the affect of her actions, like going after parents who hadn't sent their kids to school with jail time.

But the Jacobin article is much more comprehensive than the video (bottom link).

Old 01-28-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
The bold is false as I never claimed she purposefully went after POC, only that that was the affect of her actions, like going after parents who hadn't sent their kids to school with jail time.

But the Jacobin article is much more comprehensive than the video (bottom link).
Again, a criminal is a criminal . Your child should be in school . Simple as that .

So you are admitting she didn't do anything wrong .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections