Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 10:27 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,948,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I was just reading a thread here on CD that has Trump popularity poll numbers at the lowest of lows.

The Lefty media keeps telling us things such as, if Trump doesn't get his wall he will lose his base, if Trump caves to Pelosi his supporters will dump him, etc etc..
The media is always talking about how Trumps' base is eroding but what is the alternative?

The question is if the voters that support Trump are disappointed in him does the Left really think that they will cross over to the dark side and line up to vote for a Democrat especially when given the choice of the current crop of extreme Lefties??

We have many that vote for a party not for the person and those people are not going to change their positions over some negative news stories from CNN.

I see the election in 2020 gearing up to be historic.

The more the Lefty media tells us how bad Trump is the more determined his base becomes and the more extreme the Left becomes the more they will be actually contributing to Trumps reelection.

Will we even have a choice in 2020?
To me, the question is why Trump? Of all politicians in this country, we chose this grifter??

Really??

Literally anyone else would be better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 10:30 AM

850 posts, read 800,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
To me, the question is why Trump? Of all politicians in this country, we chose this grifter??

Really??

Ross Perot with a sane vice president.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:31 AM

3,359 posts, read 1,285,033 times
Trump is an empty suit. He tells you what you want to hear, but he doesn't deliver. So any other alternative will be more effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post

Really??

Exactly.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:32 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,857,572 times
I think he may win again unless he decides not to run.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:33 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Sadly, these days such a candidate would be labeled a RINO and get nowhere in the republican primaries.
Such concern trolling for the republicans. You guys crack me up.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:33 AM

6,842 posts, read 2,872,620 times
Quote:
If not Trump than Who?

Pick me! Pick me! I'll do it!

Old 01-27-2019, 10:34 AM

18,114 posts, read 27,623,062 times
Quote:
I was just reading a thread here on CD that has Trump popularity poll numbers at the lowest of lows.

The Lefty media keeps telling us things such as, if Trump doesn't get his wall he will lose his base, if Trump caves to Pelosi his supporters will dump him, etc etc..
The media is always talking about how Trumps' base is eroding but what is the alternative?

The question is if the voters that support Trump are disappointed in him does the Left really think that they will cross over to the dark side and line up to vote for a Democrat especially when given the choice of the current crop of extreme Lefties??

We have many that vote for a party not for the person and those people are not going to change their positions over some negative news stories from CNN.

I see the election in 2020 gearing up to be historic.

The more the Lefty media tells us how bad Trump is the more determined his base becomes and the more extreme the Left becomes the more they will be actually contributing to Trumps reelection.

Will we even have a choice in 2020?
Then, not than.

Here, I'll start a poll here...

For Trump voters only...

Of the Trump voters who got upset with Wall not being shoved down Nancy Pelosi's throat and went "Waa! Not My Pwesident anymorewa! Waa! ... Do you now love...

A) Nancy Pelosi and Chucklebuckets Schumer?
B)Fauxahantas?
C) Bernie?
D) Marco Pass the water bottle Rubio?
E) Ted Grampa Munster Cruz?
F) Kamala Harris?
G) or Rand Rino Paul?

The Trump Train is still rollin, mark my words right here. Or as Nancy Pelosi said about Crooked Hillary Rodham Clinton Victory in 2016, You can taketh iteth to the Bank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Trump is an empty suit. He tells you what you want to hear, but he doesn't deliver. So any other alternative will be more effective.

Exactly.
Y'alls comment in this thread are worthless, so thanks but no. We've already heard plenty from you democrats that lost your rigged election haha. (See Fusion GPS, Bruce Ohr, Christopher Steele, James Comey, Huma Abedin, the Clinton Foundation, the Clinton Campaign, the Obama Administration, CNN and Donna Brazille, Crooked Hillary Rodham Clinton's nose and finger, Loretta Lynch and Willie Clinton and an Arizona tarmac... Etc... Etc... oh, computers and cell phones, blackberries, hammers and bleachbit, etc... Etc..)

But to you non-Trump voters in general, the biggest threat to Trump was and still is the government organizations such as the FBI, NSA, CIA, EPA, IRS. Trump's other enemies would include academia, Hollywood, the Fakestream Lamestream Blamestream Mainstream media, etc...

And Trump still beat all they and all you ass.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-27-2019 at 11:15 AM..

Old 01-27-2019, 10:37 AM

5,969 posts, read 3,935,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
I just hope people that are considering running though don't buy the lefty story that Trump was too far right. He lost his base because he failed to do all the right wing things we wanted.

MEMO to republicans -- Go right.
What about Candidate Trump's leftist positions like free healthcare that the government was gonna pay for?

Old 01-27-2019, 10:38 AM

34,297 posts, read 15,750,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
How about someone same with some demonstrable personal integrity and actual reverence to the basic ideals of the Constitution? Even conservative is fine. Can we just start there?
It didn't work in the past. Why go down the same path to nowhere ?

When the people that wouldn't vote GOP, for any reason, tell republicans what they should do, only the fool will take the advice. Can't blame the democrats looking to attract such fools. Their party is full of fools and any new ones will fit right in, without a ripple in the collective.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:40 AM

8,444 posts, read 4,787,193 times
If not Trump then another establishment candidate who will bring us back on the road to globalist third world serfdom and ruin. Which is eventually how it'll end up anyway, if not in 2020 then in 2024. Trump is just a speed bump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections