Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 09:27 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Do you have any specific examples of that? I know she has high expectations of her staff, like many men do. I did too when I managed a staff. It't easy to spend most of your time on a few employees who don't measure up. Best to cut them loose as soon as possible so you can get real work done.
This is an American fantasy, the strong boss.

In reality the strong boss is just an abusive power drunk person who thinks themselves better than the rest. She is a public servant, not some power figure.

Anyways it was so bad even harry Ried denounced her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 09:31 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
The complaints from her staffers that her attitude is toxic are well founded. We don't need a female prima donna in charge of our country.
If a man is demanding he's a tough boss. If a woman is demanding she's a prima donna?

Old 02-12-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
If a man is demanding he's a tough boss. If a woman is demanding she's a prima donna?
Lol, if a man yelled at his staff, demeaned them, through binders around, and was power drunk they’d deserve equal treatment as Klobuchar is getting.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:28 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,034,754 times
I think she is a great candidate; however, she will not win the Democratic primary for the following reasons:

1. She has no meaningful reach to minority voters. You have to have inroads with minorities or they simply won't vote for you. Bernie Sanders had this problem.
2. Her platform is very pragmatic and moderate, which basically means not liberal enough. She will be pressured to shift leftward or be out-"liberaled" by her competition.
3. Name recognition and awkward-to-pronounce name hurts her. Yes, it is a stupid reason, but these are the things that voters actually vote on.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:37 AM

20,862 posts, read 9,518,220 times
On the other hand, being next to Iowa she might stand a decent chance there, which would give her name recognition nationally.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:44 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Lol, if a man yelled at his staff, demeaned them, through binders around, and was power drunk they’d deserve equal treatment as Klobuchar is getting.
Sure they'd deserve it, but would they get it is the real question.

I'm thinking that most would not.

Ye olde double standard is still firmly in place.

Anyhoo, I'd prefer Sen. Klobuchar over the majority of the current field.

I hope she gets some traction.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:49 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,034,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
On the other hand, being next to Iowa she might stand a decent chance there, which would give her name recognition nationally.
She will more than likely win Iowa, but Warren will win NH and Harris will win SC. Harris will continue to sweep the south unless a more viable southern competitor appeals better. I don't see it happening. Even if her number are down a bit, she will deliver the crushing blow with the last major primary in the country...California.

If Klobuchar can hold back Sherrod Brown, she could capture all of the industrial heartland and Mountain West. I think Warren will steal her swag from Colorado.

The only weakness Kamala Harris has is that everyone hates California and Californians.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Sure they'd deserve it, but would they get it is the real question.

I'm thinking that most would not.

Ye olde double standard is still firmly in place.

Anyhoo, I'd prefer Sen. Klobuchar over the majority of the current field.

I hope she gets some traction.
Why?

She’s awful.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Why?

She’s awful.

thanks for sharing.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:03 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnicker3 View Post
She will more than likely win Iowa, but Warren will win NH and Harris will win SC. Harris will continue to sweep the south unless a more viable southern competitor appeals better. I don't see it happening. Even if her number are down a bit, she will deliver the crushing blow with the last major primary in the country...California.

If Klobuchar can hold back Sherrod Brown, she could capture all of the industrial heartland and Mountain West. I think Warren will steal her swag from Colorado.

The only weakness Kamala Harris has is that everyone hates California and Californians.
I was just wondering if a Klobuchar-Brown or Brown-Klobuchar ticket might be a good one for the dems.

-- You'd grab the more centrist element with Klobuchar, and get a woman on the ticket to boot
-- You'd grab the more progressive element with Brown
-- The two are from Minnesota and Ohio, which would make the ticket really strong in the Midwest
-- And of course the West Coast and Northeast will vote for dems no matter what
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections