Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 11:28 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,541,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogmom13 View Post
References, please. Because I call B.S. I can, however, find studies that show that the rate of gun deaths decreases in states with stricter gun control laws.

Like Chicago Illinois

I'm not going to do you this favor and waste my time on some exhaustive search. There's a search button on top, use it. !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 11:30 AM

1,336 posts, read 935,041 times
Yeah, I've seen this movie, too, in CA. Dear Arizonans, don't let this this get started, because the slippery slope is real and you will go down the chutes and ladders fast. When I go into a Bass Pro Shop to buy a box 22 rounds, guess what ? I am treated like a felon and I have to talk to someone who will go pick up a box and show it to me out of reach of my arms and hands. You can't buy a box of ammo without a background check !?! Yes, true !

You can't sell your grandpa's hunting rifle or shotgun to your next door neighbor, or EVEN LET THEM BORROW it, for you will become a felon. It goes on and on an on... the dribble of constant bans and regulation are incessant. No more lead ammo during hunting anywhere in the state, even shotgun shells. They didn't check with hunters who will tell them they might shoot one or two rounds per attempt to take, and they take the meat with them, of course.

Forget that BS about oh we just want to stop Parkland style millennial adderal addicts from getting an AR15, but believe me, they want much much more.

Lack of idiotic policies is one reason I am coming to AZ and escaping Californias terrible over reach and harassment of civilians while treating criminals like guests.

DON'T LET IT START in AZ... it won't stop until you the law abiding citizen are the only one not armed. Cause the bangers don't care about misdo and felony raps, they get out of jail in Cali in a rotating door and grab a new gat. No more three strikes.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:36 AM

That being said, let's listen to Gabby and her husband Mark. She got shot the f in the face, by some crazy maniac, and she earned the right to ***** about the nexus of crazy/criminal and guns. Though it should be more about crazy period... cause no guns and they'll graduate on to other methods of mayhem, of this I am not willing to bet on and forego 2A.

I will listen to what Mark has to say, just because I think they have standing. As do the Parkland kids, we didn't go through what they went through, and they deserve to scream for something to change.

But it has to make sense. What California is doing is only about progressing the progressives dream state, and not about personal safety. If Mark goes down that road even one step, he doesn't get my support.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:09 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,698,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Like Chicago Illinois

I'm not going to do you this favor and waste my time on some exhaustive search. There's a search button on top, use it. !
LOL, way to support your position. In other words, you can't. Chicago has a crime problem. That doesn't prove your point in any way whatsoever.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:10 PM

558 posts, read 982,064 times
No one has mentioned this yet, but Kelly IS a gun owner.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:25 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,819,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
That being said, let's listen to Gabby and her husband Mark. She got shot the f in the face, by some crazy maniac, and she earned the right to ***** about the nexus of crazy/criminal and guns. Though it should be more about crazy period... cause no guns and they'll graduate on to other methods of mayhem, of this I am not willing to bet on and forego 2A.

I will listen to what Mark has to say, just because I think they have standing. As do the Parkland kids, we didn't go through what they went through, and they deserve to scream for something to change.

But it has to make sense. What California is doing is only about progressing the progressives dream state, and not about personal safety. If Mark goes down that road even one step, he doesn't get my support.
Yet President Regan was shot and I didn't see him pushing for any gun control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
LOL, way to support your position. In other words, you can't. Chicago has a crime problem. That doesn't prove your point in any way whatsoever.

You cannot be serious?

Chiraq's "crime problem" is because of guns! Have you not read about the innocent people who are just sitting on their porch when some thug walks up and shoots them for no reason? Or how about the car jacking's and armed robberies that happen every day! During the last cold streak people were held at gunpoint for their coats! Yes I know this first hand as my girlfriend still lives in that hole and tells me this daily! Sugar coat it all you want but gun control does not work because those who are restricted by these idiotic laws are not the ones committing the crimes!

Quote:
Chicago is experiencing a deep freeze of epic proportions — so much so that people have been robbed of their coats at gunpoint.

Surveillance video shows a man getting his Canada Goose coat ripped off his back. The ultra-expensive outerwear can sell for $1,695. And according to Chicago police, eight people have reported they were robbed of their Canadian coats.
https://www.insideedition.com/people...er-coats-50374

Old 02-13-2019, 12:33 PM

555 posts, read 597,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Like Chicago Illinois

I did a google search. I found no such evidence (or, "direct relationship" as you call it; i.e., correlation without evidence of causation).
https://www.npr.org/2017/10/05/55558...aws-don-t-work

But I DID find evidence that stricter gun control laws lead to less gun-related deaths:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...related-deaths

Old 02-13-2019, 12:33 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,698,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
You cannot be serious?

Chiraq's "crime problem" is because of guns! Have you not read about the innocent people who are just sitting on their porch when some thug walks up and shoots them for no reason? Or how about the car jacking's and armed robberies that happen every day! During the last cold streak people were held at gunpoint for their coats! Yes I know this first hand as my girlfriend still lives in that hole and tells me this daily! Sugar coat it all you want but gun control does not work because those who are restricted by these idiotic laws are not the ones committing the crimes!

Did I say that Chicago doesn't have a problem with violent crime?

Old 02-13-2019, 12:34 PM

555 posts, read 597,986 times
Quote:

You cannot be serious?

Oh yeah, "Inside Edition". The ultimate in scientific research.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Good point. Though, for myself, anybody gets shot in the face or is a victim of a shooting is somebody whose opinion I will pay attention to. Including Reagan and anyone else.

Doesn't mean that I have or ever will drop my ARs and AKs in the shredder, but I will have sincere empathy and attention to their experience and ideas. So far my response has been, well, I understand and feel very badly for your loss, but as far as bans go, first you go collect from every gang banger out there, then every criminally insane person, then we can talk about the mass of law abiding citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
View detailed profiles of: