Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 11:30 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,286,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
That’s some sentence! It backfired because she lost. A republican. The seat formerly held by a Republican was lost. Her campaign blew it.
It was bad because she went super pro-Trump and this is the wrong state for that. 2016 Trump got less % of the votes than any other Republican presidential candidate in decades. The negativity and other stuff wasn't really the problem, it didn't help but wasn't the actual problem. The next Republican to run in the seat needs to be less pro-Trump and the seat will easily stay Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 07:47 AM

2,082 posts, read 929,547 times
Quote:
That’s some sentence! It backfired because she lost. A republican. The seat formerly held by a Republican was lost. Her campaign blew it.
Once again Sinema had no opposition she was able to distort her positions using commercials McSally had to contend with that loser Arpio and Ward

Old 02-14-2019, 08:14 AM

9,185 posts, read 16,730,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Once again Sinema had no opposition she was able to distort her positions using commercials McSally had to contend with that loser Arpio and Ward
So what? McSally still won her primary.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:26 AM

5,340 posts, read 6,549,557 times
Quote:
LOL, way to support your position. In other words, you can't. Chicago has a crime problem. That doesn't prove your point in any way whatsoever.

People who want to take away your rights under the pretense of safety and security are really just laying the groundwork for tyranny.

In the end, the only form of gun control that works is taking aim before pulling the trigger.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:40 AM

9,185 posts, read 16,730,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
People who want to take away your rights under the pretense of safety and security are really just laying the groundwork for tyranny.

In the end, the only form of gun control that works is taking aim before pulling the trigger.
Again, that's just more rhetoric without proving your point whatsoever. You surmised that, "there is a direct relationship between restrictive gun control laws and increased crime". Did you pull that out of thin air?

I personally am fine with responsible gun ownership and have plenty of firearms myself. I am also not so myopic to fear that responsible gun control means that someone is going to come and take my guns from me. It's fear-mongering at best, although likely baseless paranoia.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:45 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,732,612 times
As the voters chose the Democrat that is gay over an ex Air Force Officer the last time I am thinking that McSally would not stand up against Kelly, an ex officer and astronaut. Also consider the sympathy vote for Gabby.
I am thinking we are going to have two democrats for the first time in a long time in this state as senators.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:07 AM

2,776 posts, read 5,756,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
As the voters chose the Democrat that is gay over an ex Air Force Officer the last time I am thinking that McSally would not stand up against Kelly, an ex officer and astronaut. Also consider the sympathy vote for Gabby.
I am thinking we are going to have two democrats for the first time in a long time in this state as senators.

Voter turnout won't be a problem. And the number of Democrats registered to vote here has risen and continues to rise so unless Kelly is a really bad campaigner, he will have a good shot.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:34 AM

50 posts, read 53,435 times
The problem with making emotional comments or cherry-picking data is there are always multiple reasons for crime. For example, based on the 2017 FBI crime statistics for violent crime in MSAs, one can find that the violent crime rate in Anchorage (hardly an anti-gun place) is double that of Los Angeles.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:00 PM

3,610 posts, read 1,211,736 times
Unless appointed Senator McSally gains some charisma fast, I think she is in for a rough ride against Mark Kelly.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:06 PM

2,776 posts, read 5,756,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgl77 View Post
The problem with making emotional comments or cherry-picking data is there are always multiple reasons for crime. For example, based on the 2017 FBI crime statistics for violent crime in MSAs, one can find that the violent crime rate in Anchorage (hardly an anti-gun place) is double that of Los Angeles.

Always fun to Google "Mark Twain on statistics."

Somewhat related, I never knew we had a Bureau of Justice Statistics inside the Office of Justice Programs inside the DOJ. But they CLAIM that 90+% of criminals with a firearm didn't buy their guns retail! They must be getting them wholesale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
View detailed profiles of: