Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do people decide what to vote?
mark their ballots according to what party they "are" 10 30.30%
vote the same party every time just like their parents and grandparents did 3 9.09%
vote for the best presidential candidate regardless of their party 13 39.39%
vote any party to be against the "worst" candidate 10 30.30%
say eeny meeny miney mo and put a mark where it lands 0 0%
say they voted but didn't 0 0%
don't bother to vote 1 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 08:34 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,305,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
As mentioned a few times before, I always vote the more Christian candidate.

And that hasn't been Democrat for many decades now.
Did you see Individual 1 as the more Christian candidate? I’m not being snarky; it’s a sincere question. (Maybe you voted 3rd party.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 08:41 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,414,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Did you see Individual 1 as the more Christian candidate? I’m not being snarky; it’s a sincere question. (Maybe you voted 3rd party.)
A 3rd party vote is a statement, but pretty much a wasted vote.

I always vote Republican.

Now, it's not just the personal candidate themselves, but what the personal candidate stands for and what the personal candidate's party stands for.

The choice is very clear.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
A 3rd party vote is a statement, but pretty much a wasted vote.

I always vote Republican.

Now, it's not just the personal candidate themselves, but what the personal candidate stands for and what the personal candidate's party stands for.

The choice is very clear.
You and I agree completely on the bolded.

This, however, reads like you just vote for the party, not the person (which I’m not criticizing):

Quote:
...because I can’t imagine what you saw in Individual 1 that you liked. He’s pretty much the antithesis of everything Christians preach.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:02 AM

Well, I do disagree with your last sentence and yes I "just vote for the party" if you want to put it that way. Any more explanation would just be a repeat. The more Christian person, what the person stands for and what the person's party stands for.

Getting back to the personal person, Trump stands for a whole lot of Christian views and beliefs. How can anyone deny that?

Which let's get right down to it. Are you saying that Hillary Clinton is a stronger Christian than Donald Trump, both in their personal beliefs and what they stand for?

Old 02-20-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Well, I do disagree with your last sentence and yes I "just vote for the party" if you want to put it that way. Any more explanation would just be a repeat. The more Christian person, what the person stands for and what the person's party stands for.

Getting back to the personal person, Trump stands for a whole lot of Christian views and beliefs. How can anyone deny that?

Which let's get right down to it. Are you saying that Hillary Clinton is a stronger Christian than Donald Trump, both in their personal beliefs and what they stand for?
Yes, I believe HRC is more Christian than Individual 1.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...illary-clinton

Quote:
On Thursday evening, Clinton spoke about her election loss and described some of the “tools” that got her through that personally devastating period. “I tried alternate-nostril breathing,” she said, eliciting laughter from the crowd. “And, yes, I had my fair share of Chardonnay.” But she also turned to prayer, she said, and reread writings by the priest Henri Nouwen*, which she said had also helped her during the difficult years at the end of the nineteen-nineties. “Through it all, my faith was really holding me together in a very central way,” she said. “It gave me a lot of courage to get up and keep going.”
In the article, she talks more about her faith.

What’s Christian or generally faith-based about Individual 1?

Old 02-20-2019, 09:22 AM

That link is interesting, but I don't believe it.

I've known that woman for many decades now and I'll question anything she says.

You sure do have a right on your opinion on which person is the more Christian, but I so happen to dis-agree with you there. Let's just leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
What’s Christian or generally faith-based about Individual 1?
It's just out there.

He believes and stands for Biblical beliefs.

Have you read the Bible lately?

To mention just one of his personal accomplishments, look what he's done for Israel.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
That link is interesting, but I don't believe it.

I've known that woman for many decades now and I'll question anything she says.

You sure do have a right on your opinion on which person is the more Christian, but I so happen to dis-agree with you there. Let's just leave it at that.

It's just out there.

He believes and stands for Biblical beliefs.

Have you read the Bible lately?

To mention just one of his personal accomplishments, look what he's done for Israel.
I’m fine with that.

I don’t think you’re a bad person, Acres, and I certainly don’t want to engage in anything negative. (I’m not saying we are, I’m just stating my feelings.)

I just think it’s misguided to believe Individual 1 is anything close to a Christian.

We can drop it, though. Take care.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:42 AM

24,632 posts, read 17,375,530 times
I think an honest vote is an educated vote.

I have voted for Dems before because though my politics lean to the Right I thought they were the best person for the job but given the current cream of the Democrat crop and what they stand for today and not to mention how they have been conducting themselves I don't see myself ever voting for anyone again that has a "D" next to their name.

They don't deserve to be rewarded for their bad behavior.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:58 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,287,632 times
I vote for the candidates who share my values and priorities. That has almost always been Democrats in the past, and given the current state of affairs, at this point in time, will always be Democrats, certainly until the GOP takes a look in the mirror and stops being in thrall to hypocrisy, idiocy and corruption.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:06 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,002,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think an honest vote is an educated vote.

I have voted for Dems before because though my politics lean to the Right I thought they were the best person for the job but given the current cream of the Democrat crop and what they stand for today and not to mention how they have been conducting themselves I don't see myself ever voting for anyone again that has a "D" next to their name.

They don't deserve to be rewarded for their bad behavior.
And this is why I cant vote D or R 99% of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections