Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do people decide what to vote?
mark their ballots according to what party they "are" 10 30.30%
vote the same party every time just like their parents and grandparents did 3 9.09%
vote for the best presidential candidate regardless of their party 13 39.39%
vote any party to be against the "worst" candidate 10 30.30%
say eeny meeny miney mo and put a mark where it lands 0 0%
say they voted but didn't 0 0%
don't bother to vote 1 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 10:13 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,866,613 times

Advertisements

I'm an Independent and I will vote for either side if I think they are right for this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 10:16 AM

23,752 posts, read 17,421,552 times
Lessons learned, dem candidate comes across sensible, not in line with the dem party. candidate sympathetic to mainstream voters gets elected and converted into a party vote no where near the promise made during campaign.

Unfortunately there is no crossover voting as before. This is a vote for survival of the country. Really only two choices, the free stuff paid for with higher taxes, corrupt justice system, restricted freedoms, intolerance, all sprinkled with social justice cookie dust or the repubs, more jobs a healthy economy and sensible policies which benefit all.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:26 AM

29,639 posts, read 16,681,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Lessons learned, dem candidate comes across sensible, not in line with the dem party. candidate sympathetic to mainstream voters gets elected and converted into a party vote no where near the promise made during campaign.

Unfortunately there is no crossover voting as before. This is a vote for survival of the country. Really only two choices, the free stuff paid for with higher taxes, corrupt justice system, restricted freedoms, intolerance, all sprinkled with social justice cookie dust or the repubs, more jobs a healthy economy and sensible policies which benefit all.
You mixed up Republicans with Democrats. LOL

But honestly, both sides make arguments of how they can help you, what matters is which one you believe will affect you or help you more.

Some people are scared of the boogie man that is taxes , and I have never understood that. If I can take say 40 dollars out of my paycheck a week to pay for healthcare instead of 100 to a private insurance company , how is that "worse" simply because its a tax ?

I dont know if Medicare for all will work, but if the biggest argument against it is raised taxes, then its a bad argument.

Old 02-20-2019, 03:58 PM

7,712 posts, read 5,526,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I'm a Democrat but I've voted Republican a hand full of times in local elections. But during the age of Individual 1, I will not vote for any Republican that stands behind him and remains silent to his corruption and obstruction. He is a national emergency.
I gave all candidates a fair shot in the past, too, and still would, if only there were a Republican who would publicly disavow Trump and all the rabid, patriarchal misogynists that make up the majority of his power-hungry lackies in the Republican party.

Anyone running for office who says they stand with Trump is a threat to this country and the betterment of our society.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:10 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,439,530 times
Religion and state matters should be kept separate. Anyway,Indiv. #1 as you all have been referring to does not even act remotely like a true believer or one who loves Christ. He is unethical among other things.
How would you like to be one of his targets? When he lies about YOU what would that feel like?

Old 02-20-2019, 10:36 PM

7,712 posts, read 5,526,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Religion and state matters should be kept separate. Anyway,Indiv. #1 as you all have been referring to does not even act remotely like a true believer or one who loves Christ. He is unethical among other things.
How would you like to be one of his targets? When he lies about YOU what would that feel like?
It would feel like I must be doing something right.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:41 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,533,967 times
passenger rail
space program
regenerative medicine
abortion clinic on every corner
guns for castle defense and hunting, open and concealed carry depends on the state.
hawk on red china, putin, and the jihad

Old 02-21-2019, 04:50 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,385,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
And this is why I cant vote D or R 99% of the time.
I am right there with and most of the time I vote 3rd party or stay home.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:35 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,740,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
I have read some threads about people who don't watch, read, or surf news because they know everything going on "out there". The thing is a majority of Americans are under-educated about anything outside their own state. Their world is very small. How do they make an educated choice?

Do you care if people vote without any facts or do you care at all?

This poll has been on her multiple times. Instead of starting a new one reply to one of others already on here!

Old 02-21-2019, 09:36 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,465,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I gave all candidates a fair shot in the past, too, and still would, if only there were a Republican who would publicly disavow Trump and all the rabid, patriarchal misogynists that make up the majority of his power-hungry lackies in the Republican party.

Anyone running for office who says they stand with Trump is a threat to this country and the betterment of our society.
I will never understand how anyone can categorize him as American, Conservative or Christian. I've been listening to Andrew McCabe's new book, The Threat, on Audible. It's a good listen or read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections