Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 04:32 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,946,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Libertarians economists were being blamed for the mess. Get the argument straight I guess and then we can discuss it I suppose.
Why would libertarians, who are against government intervention in the economy, be blamed when government wrecks the economy?

Did someone mix up Liberals with Libertarians? Granted the definitions seem to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 04:41 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,983,786 times
Libertarians are closely matched to liberal conservative. I was a libertarian party member - but they can never agree and will never get a candidate elected. Invite 50 libertarians to a meeting = 49 platforms and very little compromising at all.

Besides we need a little government.

Old 05-20-2019, 04:42 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,946,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Libertarians are closely matched to liberal conservative. I was a libertarian party member - but they can never agree and will never get a candidate elected. Invite 50 libertarians to a meeting = 49 platforms and very little compromising at all.

Besides we need a little government.
Yep a lot or purists. Sometimes people think that when someone agrees with you 75% of the time they are the enemy.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:18 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,369,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why would libertarians, who are against government intervention in the economy, be blamed when government wrecks the economy?

Did someone mix up Liberals with Libertarians? Granted the definitions seem to change.
No idea what their point was. It wasn't my point.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:45 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,185,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
She is the only real threat to the perpetual machine manufacturing lies and wars.

We have many grave threats, the skyrocketing 22 trillion dollar deficit is the biggest one. There is nothing more expensive than modern wars halfway around the world.

"Though shalt not murder" A critical rule to live by.

Trump is saying that he doesn't want war with Iran. So why did he hire Washington's biggest war monger - John Bolton? Bolton has wanted war with Iran since he gained awareness of Iran. Why the sudden and massive military build up towards Iran?

Trump tweeted: "If Tehran wants to fight, that'll be the official end of Iran"

My vote is not of great consequence. But I do know many others who are supporting Tulsi Gabbard for precisely the same reason. We are sick and tired of the lies and wars.

*Why do I attach liberal to my conservative leanings? Because I believe in freedom and small government. Government is always the antithesis of freedom.

https://www.tulsi2020.com/a/us-must-...4-281878391efb
Roadkill

Old 05-21-2019, 03:37 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,839,561 times
She is the only Democrat I would vote for. I like her on foreign policy. I don't want to go to war again Iran and Syria's Assad is one of my favorite leaders in world history. Saudi Arabia is the country I would love for us to go to war against but the neocons/neolibs would never allow it. Neocons/neolibs hate Gabbard so I passionately support her. Unfortunately she has no chance because the Dem establishment is against her.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:06 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,469,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Libertarian economists don't exist.

We aren't going backwards. I don't know why so many think we will. At least not until the dollar gets undercut.
Do you consider Alan Greenspan, Milton Friedman, or Thomas Sowell libertarians? Fine, neoliberal then.

And what does backwards mean? What does forward mean? We should not assume a definition for either one.

Old 05-21-2019, 03:08 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,369,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Do you consider Alan Greenspan, Milton Friedman, or Thomas Sowell libertarians? Fine, neoliberal then.
Greenspan and Friedman are corporatists. Or at least they were when it mattered. Greenspan admitted that caused him to screw up. He said it was a mistake to blindly trust the corporations.

Quote:
And what does backwards mean? What does forward mean? We should not assume a definition for either one.
I have no desire to delve into philosophical mumbo jumbo.

Old 05-22-2019, 04:46 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,449,863 times
Gabbard is the only Democrat running who doesn't seem like a bad or weird person to me.

It seems like a conservative could talk to her about politics without her falsely calling the conservative a racist.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:32 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,504,676 times
I would vote for her, but I don't expect her to get past the first few primaries. Maybe 2024. Meanwhile, she can seek higher office in her state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections