Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 12:58 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,435,786 times

Advertisements

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-campaign.html

I agree with her on every question. I might quibble on something like the death penalty. I'm against it period, not because someone innocent might get put to death but overall we agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 02:14 PM

20,184 posts, read 23,937,560 times
She doesn't speak specifics and full of BS themes that she has no intention of carrying through.... She is pandering and her supporters are just trying to help her pander....

Old 06-19-2019, 03:25 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,435,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
She doesn't speak specifics and full of BS themes that she has no intention of carrying through.... She is pandering and her supporters are just trying to help her pander....
She's lived her words so far. She didn't promise something like making Mexico pay for the wall. Nothing she said is not doable.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:09 PM

29,886 posts, read 14,936,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Gabbard is the only Democrat running who doesn't seem like a bad or weird person to me.

It seems like a conservative could talk to her about politics without her falsely calling the conservative a racist.

Voting R here, but I think she should be much higher in the poles than she is. Can't believe Warren and Harris is higher up than her...

Old 06-20-2019, 12:17 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,677,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Gabbard is the only Democrat running who doesn't seem like a bad or weird person to me.

It seems like a conservative could talk to her about politics without her falsely calling the conservative a racist.
I genuinely believe that you believe some people who are racist, arent, and therefore should be coddled on the subject.

I think if you talk to most people left of center and you arent racist, then you wont get called so.

If people keep telling your your view is racist, then maybe ask why they believe so.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:25 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,245,024 times
Though I most likely would not support or vote for her as I am very happy with our president at this stage, I do think she would be a good choice, compared to many of the Dems running: certainly better than sanders or Warren and a little more energetic than old man Biden.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:33 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,343,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
She is the only Democrat I would vote for. I like her on foreign policy. I don't want to go to war again Iran and Syria's Assad is one of my favorite leaders in world history. Saudi Arabia is the country I would love for us to go to war against but the neocons/neolibs would never allow it. Neocons/neolibs hate Gabbard so I passionately support her. Unfortunately she has no chance because the Dem establishment is against her.
Huh? Please specify which "neolibs" you mean? Do you mean that they won't go to war at all, or they won't go to war against Saudi Arabia?

I don't know any libs who are pro-Saudi, so perhaps you could elaborate?

Old 06-20-2019, 09:53 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,677,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Though I most likely would not support or vote for her as I am very happy with our president at this stage, I do think she would be a good choice, compared to many of the Dems running: certainly better than sanders or Warren and a little more energetic than old man Biden.
But why ?

None of you ever go into detail when discussing these people. What major policy difference does she have that would make her be your choice over other Democrats ?

Trump attacking Syria and now ordering strikes against Iran(holding back now) means the war monger argument doesnt work.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:54 PM

29,250 posts, read 22,551,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
As a moderate, Tulsi has nothing several others don't have who are also in the running. If you think she's acceptable, then your would like John Hickenlooper, Steve Bullock, or Mark Bennet just as much.

And those guys have a much firmer grasp on our domestic problems than Tulsi has. She's made foreign affairs her main priority, and while it's important for sure, I tend to think our election will be decided on our domestic, not foreign, issues.

I also seriously doubt the Democrats will be willing to nominate 2 women in a row for the Presidency. While the Democrats are probably willing to support another woman, a second female candidate facing Trump again would make the 2020 outcome much more a replay of 2016 than the party wants to see happen.

That's why I doubt Warren will ever become the nominee, and Warren, not Tulsi, has captured much more of the female voting bloc in the party.

Old 06-22-2019, 05:27 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,245,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But why ?

None of you ever go into detail when discussing these people. What major policy difference does she have that would make her be your choice over other Democrats ?

Trump attacking Syria and now ordering strikes against Iran(holding back now) means the war monger argument doesnt work.
Why do I prefer her over the other Dems? She is not as liberal on all issues. I was very impressed with her speech when she announced she was running and impressed she did it standing outside in the freezing Feb weather. Would you like me to go into more detail?

AS for strikes against Iran, yes, Trump is holding back. He rethought the decision and decided human life was more important at this time than striking. Do you really think he wants to get us into war? If you do, you may want to think again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections