Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 09:54 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,511,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You are discussing this with me, not "you guys". Try again.
You're all the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2019, 10:32 AM

2,692 posts, read 1,677,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Funny how you guys say you don't want war because innocent people end up getting killed, yet you refuse to support the US showing leadership by taking out ruthless dictators and corrupt leaders who kill and oppress the citizens in their own countries.

Odd how you can be supposedly compassionate about these innocent people, yet not give a crap about them at the same time. It's all phony, IMO.

Admit it, you don't really care about people in these countries.

My thoughts on this.

The countries we attack like Iraq, Libya, Syria are not in any way a threat to us. The ones who are a threat like Russia and China are not amassing troops at our border and have ICBM's that can reach us. We can never start a preemptive strike against them, especially Russia.

As for taking out ruthless dictators, there are countless numbers of them in Africa, Middle East and parts of SE Asia and South and Central America. We cannot be sending our troops everywhere to protect citizens of other countries. We don't have the money or manpower and we will end up getting bogged down there for years on a rehab mission. If countries want the humanitarian aid, let the UN peacekeepers do the mission. Enough of the macho gung-ho attitude of jumping in where we are not needed.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
My thoughts on this.

The countries we attack like Iraq, Libya, Syria are not in any way a threat to us.
Not a *direct* threat to us, correct. They were/are a threat to our allies in the region, as well as the citizens in each respective country. Are we not supposed to stand with our allies? Are we not supposed to try and help oppressed people if they call for help? People forget that Libyan rebels asked NATO for help to take out Gaddafi... We didn't just decide one morning "You know, let's attack Libya today".

Quote:

As for taking out ruthless dictators, there are countless numbers of them in Africa, Middle East and parts of SE Asia and South and Central America. We cannot be sending our troops everywhere to protect citizens of other countries. We don't have the money or manpower and we will end up getting bogged down there for years on a rehab mission. If countries want the humanitarian aid, let the UN peacekeepers do the mission. Enough of the macho gung-ho attitude of jumping in where we are not needed.
No, we can't afford to be everywhere, but we can afford to help out in crisis zones where our allies are impacted, and where situations are dire. It's all about prioritizing. If we can help out, we should.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:53 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,363,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Not a *direct* threat to us, correct. They were/are a threat to our allies in the region, as well as the citizens in each respective country. Are we not supposed to stand with our allies? Are we not supposed to try and help oppressed people if they call for help? People forget that Libyan rebels asked NATO for help to take out Gaddafi... We didn't just decide one morning "You know, let's attack Libya today".

No, we can't afford to be everywhere, but we can afford to help out in crisis zones where our allies are impacted, and where situations are dire. It's all about prioritizing. If we can help out, we should.
17 years in Afghanistan.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:04 AM

34,299 posts, read 15,719,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
She is the only real threat to the perpetual machine manufacturing lies and wars.

We have many grave threats, the skyrocketing 22 trillion dollar deficit is the biggest one. There is nothing more expensive than modern wars halfway around the world.

"Though shalt not murder" A critical rule to live by.

Trump is saying that he doesn't want war with Iran. So why did he hire Washington's biggest war monger - John Bolton? Bolton has wanted war with Iran since he gained awareness of Iran. Why the sudden and massive military build up towards Iran?

Trump tweeted: "If Tehran wants to fight, that'll be the official end of Iran"

My vote is not of great consequence. But I do know many others who are supporting Tulsi Gabbard for precisely the same reason. We are sick and tired of the lies and wars.

*Why do I attach liberal to my conservative leanings? Because I believe in freedom and small government. Government is always the antithesis of freedom.

https://www.tulsi2020.com/a/us-must-...4-281878391efb
Why does the left fail to bring up words like liberty and freedom ?

Because they have no policies that offer it.

Are they for war if we are attacked ? If they are then they can't be anti-war.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:04 AM

45,305 posts, read 26,574,236 times
Quote:
Noted - ryansst530 is 100% successfully brainwashed. Suitable DNA material for our peace promoting invasions. Recommend for physical and prompt recruiting efforts.
And promoting the same failed policies that have proven to lead to more spending, higher taxes, more debt, more maimed/dead civilians, more maimed/dead soldiers, more suicides, more substance abuse, more broken families, greater animosity towards US citizens, the destruction of scarce resources...

Old 05-20-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And promoting the same failed policies that have proven to lead to more spending, higher taxes, more debt, more maimed/dead civilians, more maimed/dead soldiers, more suicides, more substance abuse, more broken families, greater animosity towards US citizens, the destruction of scarce resources...
*yawn*

Coming from the guy who thinks anarchy is the solution to all of our problems. There's always the option of joining your libertarian buddies on a seastead. Let us know how that no government thing works out for ya.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:09 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,466,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Jobs have been "destroyed" because greedy companies moved to where the cheap labor is. If not China it's somewhere else and it is also other places.

So now that China wants what the business agreed to when they came there we have to pay a higher tax?
Higher 'taxes' on what, healthcare? Shelter?

No, just on consumer goods like Iphones, cheap household items, and things people don't need.

Corporations moved to china because we were convinced by libertarian economists that cheaper more efficient business models would make us happier? have they?

All they've done is destroyed our sense of community more so than it already has. At least the tariffs limit the supply chain economy, hurt big businesses, and give us a national challenge to unify under.

The media constantly asks what is good for the consumer because that is the only question businesses want people to think about. Maybe if we're able to give up some material comfort to stop the jobs transfer away from here, we can gain some sense of national identity that we don't have.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:52 PM

2,828 posts, read 829,667 times
Quote:
She is the only real threat to the perpetual machine manufacturing lies and wars.

We have many grave threats, the skyrocketing 22 trillion dollar deficit is the biggest one. There is nothing more expensive than modern wars halfway around the world.

"Though shalt not murder" A critical rule to live by.

Trump is saying that he doesn't want war with Iran. So why did he hire Washington's biggest war monger - John Bolton? Bolton has wanted war with Iran since he gained awareness of Iran. Why the sudden and massive military build up towards Iran?

Trump tweeted: "If Tehran wants to fight, that'll be the official end of Iran"

My vote is not of great consequence. But I do know many others who are supporting Tulsi Gabbard for precisely the same reason. We are sick and tired of the lies and wars.

*Why do I attach liberal to my conservative leanings? Because I believe in freedom and small government. Government is always the antithesis of freedom.

https://www.tulsi2020.com/a/us-must-...4-281878391efb
Bolton does not have the final say, so I am not worried.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:35 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,982,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Bolton does not have the final say, so I am not worried.
I wasn't too worried about Syria. Congress simply didn't want it. Yet here we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections