Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 01:26 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Biden is not Hillary. No matter how much those in Trump camp wants to push this narrative
I have no idea what the Trump camp wants to push.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 01:32 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,888,510 times
from the article "If I believe health care is a right, as I do, "

It is not a right. No one should ever be able to force another to work fro them. Biden is nothing more than a big government goon who makes things up to fit his agenda.

Old 06-08-2019, 01:59 AM

30,655 posts, read 18,269,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How do you know? MY own views have evolved and changed.

With the Republicans doing everything in their power to subjugate woman and now forcing them to have unnecessary pelvic exams - I no longer feel like compromising on the Hyde Amendment.
You don't go one day claiming to support the Hyde Amendment. Then, the very next day after blistering attacks from leftists in your party, claim to have had a legitimate change of heart. We can smell a fraud when one appears. And Biden is a ripe, foul smelling fraud.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:10 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,457,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How do you know? MY own views have evolved and changed.

With the Republicans doing everything in their power to subjugate woman and now forcing them to have unnecessary pelvic exams - I no longer feel like compromising on the Hyde Amendment.
But, will they change back if he wins. That's the million dollar question isn't it.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:32 AM

21,953 posts, read 9,532,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They don't change because their views evolve and change.

They change for the votes. If tomorrow Progressives shifted to killing Babies 2 months after they were born, the Democrats like Biden and Gillibrand would be right there with them adopting the same platform.

They no longer have principals. They only have the desire to be President. Bought and Sold.
By the big donations to the DNC from Planned Parenthood.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I have to give Dems like Warren and Sanders credit. They have been more consistent over the years with their more radical stance on issues.

The 2 I mentioned - Biden and Gillibrand - IMO have proven and shown that they DO blow with the wind with whatever the prevailing thought is of the day. Most of the D's on stage today like these 2 are adopting and adapting to fit their voters. Not because they actually believe but because they want the votes.

Is it wrong? Most Politicians do it. Trump listened and probably adapted also.

I just don't buy the fact they change for some moral reason like you or I might change. They're Politicians, most change for the votes.

But that's my opinion.
Have you ever seen the videos of Trump from the 80's talk shows where he talks about what he would do if he were President? All the same stuff as now.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It doesn't strike me as smart. It doesn't feel live an "evolution."

It just feels like outright pandering and looks really stupid.

Going to be interesting to see how it plays out.
Even CNN was calling it a flip flop. That's bad. ( I was only watching CNN because I was stuck in an airport).

Old 06-08-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think he's got a good explanation (right or wrong). Now that the Bible Belt is cracking down on women's rights, he realizes that only well-off women can afford to travel somewhere else for an abortion. So that leaves poorer women out in the cold, and he thinks all women should have the choice. Makes sense to me. Women's rights trump his old beliefs, and he gets this.

Trump changed almost every belief he ever had (many voiced or tweeted publicly) to get elected, and it did not hurt him.
Nope. Not true.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
You don't go one day claiming to support the Hyde Amendment. Then, the very next day after blistering attacks from leftists in your party, claim to have had a legitimate change of heart. We can smell a fraud when one appears. And Biden is a ripe, foul smelling fraud.
Well, to me, he did exactly what he should have done. The voters are no longer in the mood for compromise with the Christian Taliban. His support (and my prior support) of the Hyde Amendment was compromise.

However, with the RWNJ's now demanding unnecessary pelvic exams for women and taking away their constitutional rights - no compromise is in order at this time.

IF he allows the population to have a say in his governance - that is exactly what I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Have you ever seen the videos of Trump from the 80's talk shows where he talks about what he would do if he were President? All the same stuff as now.
Yeah. Right. Except when he was a liberal Democrat promoting abortion and the like.

Just the same.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:47 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Even CNN was calling it a flip flop. That's bad. ( I was only watching CNN because I was stuck in an airport).
There literally is no issue that Trump hasn't been on every side on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections