Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 08:26 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,302,346 times

Advertisements

That didn’t take long.

I guess he realized he has to survive the Democratic Primaries to get to the General Election versus Trump.

Quote:
I’ve been struggling with the problems that Hyde now presents,” Biden said, opening a speech dedicated mostly to voting rights and issues important to the black community with an explanation of a significant policy shift.

“I want to be clear: I make no apologies for my last position. I make no apologies for what I’m about to say,” he explained, arguing that “circumstances have changed.”

https://apnews.com/34549f5a70a64d979cebf14a649207a5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 03:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
It's far harder today for a candidate to say "I will not be who I've always been if you elect me this time" than it once was.

Old 06-07-2019, 04:33 AM

39,090 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Although I disagree with him on his change of heart, I prefer a politician whose views can evolve and change with those of the greater society to one who is locked into rigid ideology .

Old 06-07-2019, 05:22 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,234,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Although I disagree with him on his change of heart, I prefer a politician whose views can evolve and change with those of the greater society to one who is locked into rigid ideology .
They don't change because their views evolve and change.

They change for the votes. If tomorrow Progressives shifted to killing Babies 2 months after they were born, the Democrats like Biden and Gillibrand would be right there with them adopting the same platform.

They no longer have principals. They only have the desire to be President. Bought and Sold.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:50 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,071,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

They change for the votes. If tomorrow Progressives shifted to killing Babies 2 months after they were born, the Democrats like Biden and Gillibrand would be right there with them adopting the same platform.

They no longer have principals. They only have the desire to be President. Bought and Sold.

^
This.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

How do you know? MY own views have evolved and changed.

With the Republicans doing everything in their power to subjugate woman and now forcing them to have unnecessary pelvic exams - I no longer feel like compromising on the Hyde Amendment.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:21 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,234,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I have to give Dems like Warren and Sanders credit. They have been more consistent over the years with their more radical stance on issues.

The 2 I mentioned - Biden and Gillibrand - IMO have proven and shown that they DO blow with the wind with whatever the prevailing thought is of the day. Most of the D's on stage today like these 2 are adopting and adapting to fit their voters. Not because they actually believe but because they want the votes.

Is it wrong? Most Politicians do it. Trump listened and probably adapted also.

I just don't buy the fact they change for some moral reason like you or I might change. They're Politicians, most change for the votes.

But that's my opinion.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:00 AM

15,649 posts, read 10,405,925 times
the leftist candidates got uncle joe to flip his view held for 46 years. good for them because the candidates have successfully negated biden's moderate democrat 'other lane' schtick.

I have no doubt the other democrat presidential candidates will continue pulling biden left, which will eventually completely push biden out of the moderate lane and out of contention for the nomination.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:12 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You sure don't demonstrate it here.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:18 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the leftist candidates got uncle joe to flip his view held for 46 years. good for them because the candidates have successfully negated biden's moderate democrat 'other lane' schtick.

I have no doubt the other democrat presidential candidates will continue pulling biden left, which will eventually completely push biden out of the moderate lane and out of contention for the nomination.
Biden's only accomplishment that has him in the running now, is the fact that Obama made him VP. And that is even tainted as Obama didn't want Biden running for VP in 2016 and won't endorse him now.

He's a segregationist, against abortion, and he railroaded Anita Hill to insure that one of the most conservative of conservative SCOTUS appointments were seated. He's used his position to make his family rich via the Ukraine & China, signed every single trade deal that sent 10s of millions of American jobs overseas, and voted and pushed for every single war of choice since Clinton bombed Kosovo.

I will give him this. He's managed to become the Democrat "frontrunner" in light of all this history. Some Democrats can hold an incredible double standard in their head, Biden knows this, and he'll play them like a fiddle. If the Democrat party is stupid enough to give him a free pass and nominate him, then Trump will eat him alive in the general. He has no chance of even matching Hillary Clinton because he lacks the stamina and her ability to run a national election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections