Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 08:34 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,670,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
We can't erase student debt
There is no such thing as free college
Healthcare is something we will all need at some point in our lives so let's hope somebody can wrap their brains around it and get it done.
Reparations are stupid--what good does it do?
Climate change is real and we should reduce waste

Secure the border and make e-verify mandatory
Preserve Roe vs Wade

I know this is only a joke thread but these are things the left really wants. Feel fee to continue with the joking though.

I am a centrist and independent and if you were running for the election, either as a democrat or a republican with this message I would vote for you. Unfortunately the extreme left and right wing of both parties will not like a moderate message and will sink you.

Healthcare has to be reformed. It cannot go on like this forever. And Obamacare was not the answer. Medicare for all might prove too expensive, at least initially. We should at least start with ability to purchase into Medicare to control runaway costs. And just because a drug is FDA approved does not mean Medicare has to cover it. And Medicare should have ability to negotiate prices of drugs.

Climate change is real and probably a combination of human induced and nature cycle induced. We should do our individual part and have some long term programs to mitigate ut but not have radical AOC like grandiose plans that we cannot afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 08:39 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,711,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
I am a centrist and independent and if you were running for the election, either as a democrat or a republican with this message I would vote for you. Unfortunately the extreme left and right wing of both parties will not like a moderate message and will sink you.

Healthcare has to be reformed. It cannot go on like this forever. And Obamacare was not the answer. Medicare for all might prove too expensive, at least initially. We should at least start with ability to purchase into Medicare to control runaway costs. And just because a drug is FDA approved does not mean Medicare has to cover it. And Medicare should have ability to negotiate prices of drugs.

Climate change is real and probably a combination of human induced and nature cycle induced. We should do our individual part and have some long term programs to mitigate ut but not have radical AOC like grandiose plans that we cannot afford.
There is a about 6 to 8 Centrist candidates running!

Really like one candidate proposing the idea of work and volunteering with AmeriCorp or Peace Corp these individuals be eligible for the G.I. Bill as a possibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections