Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 04:47 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,717,741 times

Advertisements

Gotta love how some Buttigieg supporters are now finding scapegoats as he starts to crash and burn.

All their handwringing about blacks being homophobic is just an excuse if he loses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 04:47 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
I don't Pete is a racist but I definitely thought he look very uncomfortable in that town hall. His natural . . kind of dispassionate, level headedness didn't read well in that particular crowd where emotions were high. Pete just doesn't strike me as an emotional kind of guy.

Yeah; I'd still vote for him in a red hot minute over Trump.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:48 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Buttigieg cares about the issues of the South Bend community. His issue is his physical responses in the moment of these confrontations (town hall, pressers, etc). He’s so intellectual that he comes a bit calloused.

In the end, Buttigieg is a very smart guy. I feel confident he will get it worked out.
That's it! You said it better than me.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:53 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,293,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That's it! You said it better than me.
Yeah, I adore him. From the moment I saw him in his first town hall, I was all-in. He is authentic, and he cares.

When I watch him in front of these emotional people in South Bend, he’s looking down, taking notes, etc. His responses are measured and calculated. It’s just not the right reaction in that moment. He needs to show outrage, passion. I know he cares. He just needs to show them that he cares.

Honestly, I wish Obama would mentor him.

Old 06-23-2019, 05:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Fiasco? I think it's good what the people did and while it's not likely I will vote for him, I have to give him credit for showing up.

Old 06-23-2019, 05:56 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't Pete is a racist but I definitely thought he look very uncomfortable in that town hall. His natural . . kind of dispassionate, level headedness didn't read well in that particular crowd where emotions were high. Pete just doesn't strike me as an emotional kind of guy.

Yeah; I'd still vote for him in a red hot minute over Trump.
He should have taken a page out of the Marilyn Manson playbook. When asked about what he would say to the Columbine shooters who the media said shot up the school partially due to his music, he said nothing. Instead he would just listen to them. There is a time to talk and this was not one of them. Let them vent dont say they are right or wrong, just let them vent. I mean don't let it seem like it fell on deaf ears, but don't say anything and nod your head to them. Sen. Rubio handled that televised Parkland town hall better than this IMHO.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:45 PM

30,655 posts, read 18,269,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Oh please.

Sneaky Pete has zero appeal with African-Americans because he has an extensive history of being, at best, a racist sympathizer.
Mayor Pete won't have the support of most African Americans as he is gay and homophobia is still (sadly) very prevalent in the African American community.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:13 PM

1,991 posts, read 902,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The crooked media has picked the racist Biden to be the Democrat nominee. So ironically they accuse a Gay man of being a bigot, because they realize that Buttigieg is a huge threat to Biden's chances at the nomination. He's everything desirable that Biden isn't.

Sadly many Democrats will do what the media tells them to do.
Biden’s a racist? In what way?

Old 06-23-2019, 10:13 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,568,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
What the hell is going on at the town hall?
I don't know, but reports were that Buttgig was able to escape out the back door.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:17 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,645,735 times
So Pete is being blamed completely for this incident?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections