Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 06:05 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times

Advertisements

This according to Jessie Jackson.
Asked about Buttigieg's handling of the outcry over Logan's death, Jackson said the mayor is "managing the crisis."

"He faced the people. He didn't avoid it," Jackson said. "But the remedy is a comprehensive urban policy for the entire country."
https://www.southbendtribune.com/new...61b65a034.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 02:50 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This according to Jessie Jackson.
Asked about Buttigieg's handling of the outcry over Logan's death, Jackson said the mayor is "managing the crisis."

"He faced the people. He didn't avoid it," Jackson said. "But the remedy is a comprehensive urban policy for the entire country."
https://www.southbendtribune.com/new...61b65a034.html
And that's true enough. A crisis can only be managed once it is recognized, faced, and understood. Those are the first steps to solving a crisis.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:53 AM

7,960 posts, read 9,171,188 times
Good old Jessie. In the past there wasn't a crisis that couldn't be solved by a hefty donation to Operation Push. Wonder if Pete gave him some cash?

Old 06-29-2019, 03:00 PM

2,824 posts, read 2,292,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
It can be done...Ohio is a Purple state yet Sherrod Brown is a more progressive than many other senators are. I wish he would have joined the fray for the primary.

One thing that bothers me about Buttigieg (and I'm gay btw, but just because he's gay doesn't mean he'll get my vote) is his lack of experience in so many issues...it's too big of a leap to go from running a small city with probably what, 80,000 residents to being President. He's not anywhere near exposed to all the issues that come with that. He's a political neophyte who politicians like Senator McConnell (does anyone actually believe Kentuckians are smart enough to vote him out?) will run circles around and stop from getting anything done. He's also way to light on policies now.
That's what I like most about Senator Warren...she is putting actual policies out there. Not just pie in the sky platitudes like The Green New Deal or Medicare for All (how do you get there?)
I also am not high on Beto O'Rourke...if you can't win a Senate election over perhaps the worst Senator in the US Senate in your own state, how do you expect to win the White House? Democrats need a proven winner with hefty political experience to beat Trump.
I am not of the opinion Biden is the only one who can do that...but Buttigieg is not one.
I like the idea that he should focus on becoming either the next senator or governor from Indiana...gain more experience and start actually coming up with real plans and policies...run in about 8 years, since we should gain the White House in 2020...he could be a good one for 2028 then.

Yeah, it seems like Bettigieg boom is lossing its momentum. Which isn't too surprising as it is hard to leap from small town mayor to the White House. I think he is probably looking for a graceful fade. Go out having won praise, but not make it so far he gets ripped apart by the press and party rivals. His goal should be preserve himself for VP or Cabinet post . It's going to be tough for a fairly liberal democrat to win statewide in Indiana.

Old 06-29-2019, 05:46 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Good old Jessie. In the past there wasn't a crisis that couldn't be solved by a hefty donation to Operation Push. Wonder if Pete gave him some cash?

Yup. Biden ran there Friday after that disaster of a debate performance.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:23 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,387,509 times
Love watching the left turn on one another. Obviously, no white man has a chance in today's Democratic party - those days are over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections