Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hate Trump, but may vote for him because the Democrats are scary?
Yes I hate Trump, I normally vote for Democrats but may vote for Trump- they are scary 34 33.33%
No, I hate Trump and support the liberal/progressive viewpoint of the Democrats. 56 54.90%
I just won't vote, and refuse to vote for a lesser of two evils 12 11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 08:10 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,388,944 times

Advertisements

I think the OP's view is indicative of what we're going to see come election night. There are still a lot of centrist Democrats who are not going to support the narrative of open borders and free healthcare for illegals - it's just not going to play well.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:49 AM

17,687 posts, read 6,952,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about it. The Democratic candidate will pivot back to the center during the general.
Why would you think that?

The insane Democrat Party hasn't pivoted to the center in the last two years. If anything they've continued to pivot to the left.

If they do "pivot to the center" I hope the American people are smart enough to realize they are being lied to. Like we were with Kavanaugh, the Russian Hoax, etc.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:56 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,585,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
I'm firmly anti-Trump. I have a hard time envisioning voting for anyone other than the democratic candidate. But, yeah, I do worry the Democrats are positioning themselves too far left. Abolishing private insurance, reperations, non enforcement of immigration laws, free health care for undocumented immigrants, trillions in new social programs, etc. Eventually this will cost them some voters in the middle.

^^^^with all this understood by you —WHY WHY WHY on earth would you vote for democrats leading this country???
You didn’t even add all their violence against republicans and the severe censorship of opposing ideas they are doing.......

Is it just because you hate Trump that you would vote to allow democrats to destroy our country? Really confused — I understand hard leftists voting, but people like you who see what the Dems have become, it’s so puzzling.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:57 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,696,215 times
Thread with titles like this are, IMHO, either:

1. The person trying to convince others who hate the POTUS to vote for him....you know, trying to normalize the feeling.

or

2. The OP trying to rationalize their own voting patterns.

More likely #1, because people don't have to rationalize in public.

Either way, the polls appears to be running in a "pro logic" way....of course, polls on CD don't mean much except factually CD runs quiet far to the right.

If I explain that......it's not that visitors or members run far to the right (I'd say they are average center), but the allowance of the fat and alt-right posters to post endless BS threads skews the feeling of the place. It's as if the Nationalists and Racists feel very free here...one can say that is by intent or that it is good or bad, but it still is.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:00 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,696,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I think the OP's view is indicative of what we're going to see come election night. There are still a lot of centrist Democrats who are not going to support the narrative of open borders and free healthcare for illegals - it's just not going to play well.
Can you explain these polls results in the light of that? It would seem that the current results as well as many of the opinions expressed are opposite.

I'm a Perot voter and yet I wouldn't vote for Trump if he was running against Al Sharpton. I'd seriously - no kidding - vote for Bernie Madoff way before I'd cast a vote for Trump.

I would vote for Trump before I'd vote for...like the guy just convicted of running down those people in Charlottesville. But just barely.

That's saying something....

Old 06-30-2019, 09:03 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,585,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I would if Trump wasn't pandering so much to the Christian right.
Please give specifics on how Trump panders to the Christian Right.
He has pledged open support for gay marriage and gays in general. Yes, he’s against abortion, but that’s a human right issue not just religious.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:17 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,851,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Very good post. Ditto for me on the bolded.

I still don't like Trump, but I see it this way... I don't need to like CEO of my large company if he/she is pushing policies I like and making the company money.

I do like that Trump makes the left lose their minds every other day though. :P

Big troll and I think he does it completely on purpose just for the reactions.

So basically he's an attention *****.

Trolling is childish and beneath the dignity of the Presidency.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:18 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,851,962 times
I couldn't vote in the poll as I don't hate Trump and I plan on voting, I just don't know for who yet. It's way too early for me to know.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:33 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,885,713 times
So it appears that earlier poll that showed 57 percent of voters stating they will vote for anybody who is running against Trump is pretty accurate. Even here on C-D, where Trump supporters dominate the board, the vote is pretty firmly against Trump.

2020 is not going to be about how progressive or moderate the Democratic nominee is, it's going to be about how awful Trump is.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:39 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,388,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Can you explain these polls results in the light of that? It would seem that the current results as well as many of the opinions expressed are opposite.

I'm a Perot voter and yet I wouldn't vote for Trump if he was running against Al Sharpton. I'd seriously - no kidding - vote for Bernie Madoff way before I'd cast a vote for Trump.

I would vote for Trump before I'd vote for...like the guy just convicted of running down those people in Charlottesville. But just barely.

That's saying something....
Which poll results? If you're referring to a post above this one, I'm not going to wade through them all to find a poll someone posted. Have a link?

Regardless of my political views, politically speaking from a practical point of view, I believe the Democrats are unable to feel the pulse of the people, or the zeitgeist and that they're out of step with what the people want. I believe their views on immigration will come back to haunt them as enough - it won't take that many - moderate Democrats stay home or vote for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections