Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hate Trump, but may vote for him because the Democrats are scary?
Yes I hate Trump, I normally vote for Democrats but may vote for Trump- they are scary 34 33.33%
No, I hate Trump and support the liberal/progressive viewpoint of the Democrats. 56 54.90%
I just won't vote, and refuse to vote for a lesser of two evils 12 11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 10:13 AM

6,633 posts, read 4,307,298 times

Advertisements

I'm one of those Independents who may have to stay home (or hold my nose and vote for Trump) if the Democrats nominate anyone other than Biden. The Democrats (including the media) will lose the election by nominating a far left candidate. Harris doesn't realize it, but she did tremendous damage last night to the Democrat's quest to win the presidency in 2020 with her viscious attack on Biden. She, Warren, and Sanders are too far left to win at the national level.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:16 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,792,339 times
it's missing an option - I usually vote Republican, however I did not vote in the last election as I did not like Trump. I have not decided what I am going to do at the moment.

I may vote Trump because even though I dislike him because of all the narcissism and borderline racism a lot of what he says resonates with my line of thinking:

- better for the economy and business climate, even though he has stirred up a lot of uncertainty due to his trade standoffs the Democrats are going to be an unmitigated disaster for the stock market and for businesses especially wack jobs like Sanders and Warren who want to tax wealth and wall st transactions, it's the most ridiculous thing I have heard in my life and worthy of the wacko award of the century!

- tax friendly policies for those of us in higher tax brackets, the Dems always claim they are going after the rich but that is "code" for they are going after the middle class who have had some marginal success in life. We all know the rich will remain untouched in this country because no Republican or Democrat has the ability to get at their wealth, they are way smarter than that.

- Immigration: I have a hard line stance on immigration, I think allowing people who have no legal right to be here to stay and get citizenship is a slap in the face to all those who have to come to this country through the legal channels and spend loads of time and money to do so. The system has to be fair and you have to come through the front door, if not, get out. And the reasoning that there is violence in your country is NOT a reason for asylum, there is violence in parts of Chicago, LA or New York so what sense does that make? I am against citizenship for DACA although I think they should be given some sort of residence and work authorization. If they want citizenship they can pursue other legal channels just like everyone else.

I am against Trump on climate change but well one can't have everything.

I am in CA which is a welfare state and heavily democratic so it will not make any difference in terms of the electoral college but at least it will in the national popular vote.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:16 AM

6,633 posts, read 4,307,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well......

No Trump supporter is going to vote in this poll. In fact the only ones who do, will vote solely on irrational hate towards Trump. They have no other issue.

But clearly last night, it looks as if the only ones the Democrats have who could realistically take on Trump are Pocahontas, Harris & Buttigieg and possibly Booker.

The rest? Not happening. Bad morning for the hard core Democrat. The sad thing is, they had it much better with Hillary.
We don't usually agree, but Hillary was a much better national candidate than most of the current Democratic field, except Buttigieg.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Although I'm not a huge fan of Medicare-for-All (I'm looking for a Medicare option), I would vote for any Democrat currently running over Putin's puppet in the White House. Trump has created the swampiest cabinet EVER and brought us to the brink of war with Iran. Pass.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:20 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That is a sad and not the brightest attitude.
Says the person who admitted in 2016 that you had "no choice" but to vote for Trump, who you earlier claimed you could never support, because he was the Republican nominee. But you can't fathom how other people might make a similar choice on the other side.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:21 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
I would vote for anyone over Trump.
Anyone But Trump is the candidate to beat in 2020. And we have several good candidates so it will not be a difficult choice to make.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:34 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,384,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I would if Trump wasn't pandering so much to the Christian right. If he stayed fiscal and fixed healthcare like he said he would, he'd probably have my vote but, he's not doing that so it's a no.

I do like a few things about him though.

I despise religious politics, it's akin to middle east living making things seem backward, no thanks. I'm not religious, so it feels like our presidents are nuts when they talk about God directing their decisions. Wacky in 2019.
The message we heard over the past two nights was, open the borders and raises taxes to give illegal immigrants free healthcare. That is NOT a winning message.

On the flip side, as the middle class begins to hurt from the healthcare fiasco, healthcare is the one bright point the Dems have to argue. All the rest of it is rubbish.

If Trump could get something done about healthcare, that in combination with his winning messages on immigration and the economy, he would trounce.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:54 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,056,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's anybody but Trump for me. No if ands or buts about it. Anyway, all of this leftist talk is pandering to party donors and movers and shakers. It's part of the primary season. Come the general and it will be considerably toned down. Then, seriously, not much of it has no more chance of passing than Mexico paying for the wall. Presidents don't have the power. What we can hope for is restoring dignity and respect to the office, patching up our damaged alliances, stabilizing world trade, and having a sane individual holding the suitcase.
Problem is that they will have their feet held to the fire for the things they are saying now when general election time comes around.

How will they answer for what they already said during the primaries?

Old 06-28-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
it's missing an option - I usually vote Republican, however I did not vote in the last election as I did not like Trump. I have not decided what I am going to do at the moment.

I may vote Trump because even though I dislike him because of all the narcissism and borderline racism a lot of what he says resonates with my line of thinking:

- better for the economy and business climate, even though he has stirred up a lot of uncertainty due to his trade standoffs the Democrats are going to be an unmitigated disaster for the stock market and for businesses especially wack jobs like Sanders and Warren who want to tax wealth and wall st transactions, it's the most ridiculous thing I have heard in my life and worthy of the wacko award of the century!

- tax friendly policies for those of us in higher tax brackets, the Dems always claim they are going after the rich but that is "code" for they are going after the middle class who have had some marginal success in life. We all know the rich will remain untouched in this country because no Republican or Democrat has the ability to get at their wealth, they are way smarter than that.

- Immigration: I have a hard line stance on immigration, I think allowing people who have no legal right to be here to stay and get citizenship is a slap in the face to all those who have to come to this country through the legal channels and spend loads of time and money to do so. The system has to be fair and you have to come through the front door, if not, get out. And the reasoning that there is violence in your country is NOT a reason for asylum, there is violence in parts of Chicago, LA or New York so what sense does that make? I am against citizenship for DACA although I think they should be given some sort of residence and work authorization. If they want citizenship they can pursue other legal channels just like everyone else.

I am against Trump on climate change but well one can't have everything.

I am in CA which is a welfare state and heavily democratic so it will not make any difference in terms of the electoral college but at least it will in the national popular vote.

Very good post. Ditto for me on the bolded.

I still don't like Trump, but I see it this way... I don't need to like CEO of my large company if he/she is pushing policies I like and making the company money.

I do like that Trump makes the left lose their minds every other day though. :P

Big troll and I think he does it completely on purpose just for the reactions.

Old 06-28-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
We don't usually agree, but Hillary was a much better national candidate than most of the current Democratic field, except Buttigieg.
I disagree because I personally think that America is not even close to being ready for an openly gay president.

Too many people would look at that as a show stopper. The whole 'first gentleman thing' etc.

Call it homophobia etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections