Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 12:13 PM

31,267 posts, read 22,255,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
She's not the face of the Dem party, but one face of it. Inclusive and diverse, which is America.
1/2 Of you say she is the face of the party, half of you say she isn't. 1/2 say she is as bad as Trump, half say she is inclusive. Dems, obtuse as ever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 12:28 PM

11,522 posts, read 14,704,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
1/2 Of you say she is the face of the party, half of you say she isn't. 1/2 say she is as bad as Trump, half say she is inclusive. Dems, obtuse as ever
She's one person w/ her own opinions and own voice that got duly elected. No more, no less. Everyone in America can actually voice what they believe, even in Trumpian world, he hasn't banned any of us from speaking...yet.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 07-19-2019 at 12:44 PM..

Old 07-19-2019, 12:45 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,656,385 times
It's amusing how Trump choose this fight with 4 freshmen Congress women who will be irrelevant in a about a year from now when the campaign is in full swing.
I guess he needs money from his deplorables so it's a winning strategy for now.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:50 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,752,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
There are millions of young voters in this country who are, and will continue to be, energized by the attacks on Rep. Omar and her cohort.

She and the others will continue to get huge amounts of support because they represent what this country is supposed to represent: equal opportunity for all.

Anyone who refuses to acknowledge that is in for a rude awakening.
That's a big negative. Did you miss the part where 91% of the USA disapproves of her. Millions? Haha. Try hundreds.

Young people are worried about jobs, illegal immigration, providing for their kids, staying out of war, dealing with islamic terrorism. They aren't going to Omar for that.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
It's amusing how Trump choose this fight with 4 freshmen Congress women who will be irrelevant in a about a year from now when the campaign is in full swing.
I guess he needs money from his deplorables so it's a winning strategy for now.
Trump is going to make Biden disavow Omar, or embrace Omar to appease his party.

It was a genius move on his part. Omar's face is all over the news. Who do you think the Rust Belt will go for?

Now you know why Sleep Joe has disappeared. He's hoping, more than anyone else, that this goes away.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump is going to make Biden disavow Omar, or embrace Omar to appease his party.

It was a genius move on his part. Omar's face is all over the news. Who do you think the Rust Belt will go for?

Now you know why Sleep Joe has disappeared. He's hoping, more than anyone else, that this goes away.
You don't even know who the Dem nominee is going to be yet but go ahead and predict...whatever floats your boat.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You don't even know who the Dem nominee is going to be yet but go ahead and predict...whatever floats your boat.

Yet you know it's true enough, to post in a topic about it. If you don't like my threads, put me on ignore. I sure don't mind.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Yet you know it's true enough, to post in a topic about it. If you don't like my threads, put me on ignore. I sure don't mind.
Why would I put you on ignore?
Your threads are quite amusing to say the least !

Old 07-19-2019, 03:51 PM

30,737 posts, read 18,419,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I disagree about the flippers. Its the elastic state argument

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...national-mood/

Georiga has relatively few people who switch parties, which is exactly why I believe its all comes down to turnout. The margin of Georgia is 5%, but thats not a lot in a race with 4 million votes casts. And honestly, Georgia's turnout isnt all that great. They have high registered voter turnout, but thats based on also having "active voter rolls" which purge people.

their actual percentage of Voting age people who vote is closer to 50% than to the 75% number that gets reported. VEP numbers always matter more than RVP.

this race is about 50,000 to 100,000 vote race and a good turnout could flip that state easily because as you said, it isnt ruby red.
Traditionally, but we've also haven't had a president like Donald Trump before. He does well among some conservative/Republican circles, but hasn't done well within other circles.

Traditionally, though, the percentage of separation (whether its 5% or 8% of voters over the last couple of cycles . . . and it was just over 5% in 2008, too at the presidential level and Hillary only got 33,000 more votes in 2016 than Obama got in 2008, while Trump got about 40,000 more votes in 2016 than McCain got in 2008) hasn't been very, very high going back the last few elections in the state at the presidential level. 5% may not seem like a lot, but that percentage represents people who aren't going to move, the Dems have a natural ceiling in Georgia that is lower than the GOP's. Of course, if voters that would traditionally back a certain candidate/party flip or stay home due to their distaste of a candidate/party, it would only take a relatively small number of them (as you point out) to flip or stay home to make a difference.

My take is that the president's relative unpopularity in Georgia is moving some traditionally conservative voters (white suburban women in the Atlanta area didn't suddenly become left wing and transplants don't account for the shift we are seeing) into either staying home or voting for the Dem candidate. But barring some unforeseen disaster, I expect Trump to win the state by a similar margin that he won the state by in 2016. We'll see, though.

Old 07-19-2019, 03:55 PM

22,231 posts, read 19,541,618 times
Quote:
That's a big negative. Did you miss the part where 91% of the USA disapproves of her. Millions? Haha. Try hundreds.

Young people are worried about jobs, illegal immigration, providing for their kids, staying out of war, dealing with islamic terrorism. They aren't going to Omar for that.
The poll you linked in the other thread did not say that YOU LIED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections