Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 12:12 AM

29,615 posts, read 16,602,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No worries, Democrats are led by Omar, AOC, Tlaib and Pressley. Are they attracting Independents? Democrats are also in a civil war.
LOL "civil war". 3 years ago, I would have agreed with you, in fact, I started multiple threads on it.

A midterm later, and its clear there is no civil war.

im going to be off a little, but the numbers pretty much break down like this.

7 of 435 seats held by Squad and allies.

27 primary victories out of 435 for Squad and allies. Only 1 of those victories being in a Swing district (Nebraska 2nd)

Its not a Civil War when its a 10 to 1 advantage for one side. The Tea Party at its height had 1/3rd the GOP seats in the House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 07:10 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,392,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No worries, Democrats are led by Omar, AOC, Tlaib and Pressley. Are they attracting Independents? Democrats are also in a civil war.
With the Jihad Squad as the new face of the Dem party, 2020 is sewn up. Their policies and their behavior, not to mention their looks are not going to go down well in middle-America.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,575,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Guess what. You are still talking about Trump instead of the Democrat who might beat him.

Just sayin'
We'll talk again when the Democrats have a nominee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
I walked into a hair salon the day after that rally and 3 black women were laughing derisively and chanting "send her back". My thought was these are women who might have sat out the 2016 election but now they are paying attention. Now this won't make an actual difference in my red state but we aren't that far from North Carolina which is a swing state.
Yes. That little ditty woke up a lot of sleeping people who have zero desire to return to 1960 America.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:01 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,704,925 times
YUP.

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/sta...78594725507072

Old 07-26-2019, 01:17 PM

29,223 posts, read 22,427,890 times
Not just yet they aren't. The Squad isn't big enough to sway their party or their fellow Congressmen.

They're the liberal equivalent of the early Tea Party. It remains to be seen if they will ever grow any larger, and the growth won't ever happen unless their ideas spread from Washington out to the states where the voters take those ideas up and adopt them.

I'm not saying that could not happen, as the Tea Party showed us all it can happen once a radical idea takes root.

The House is the place where voters experiment. A radical can win a seat in the House once, and can make a lot of noise for 2 years afterward, but that sure doesn't mean there's a movement underway at all.
It's when some Senators and Governors win a seat using the same radical policies that is a more sure sign there's something large going on inside a party.

So far, the Squad's political agenda is all specifically urban in nature, and even more specific to the voting districts the Squad members come from. They have a very long, long way to go before their ideas will become accepted in the heartland, and 2020 won't be the year.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:25 PM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
Trump took on a freshman rep no one outside of the right wing echo chamber had ever heard of and elevated her for a news cycle or two. Far from making her the face of the Democratic party, he made himself and the GOP the face of racism and hatred in America costing him support among young, minority, and moderate women voters. I don't get Trump. His base can't vote twice. He cant win with just his base yet he makes no effort to appeal to more moderate voters. But I guess he is playing 3D chess here.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:28 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,704,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump took on a freshman rep no one outside of the right wing echo chamber had ever heard of and elevated her for a news cycle or two. Far from making her the face of the Democratic party, he made himself and the GOP the face of racism and hatred in America costing him support among young, minority, and moderate women voters. I don't get Trump. His base can't vote twice. He cant win with just his base yet he makes no effort to appeal to more moderate voters. But I guess he is playing 3D chess here.
That's exactly what he did in 2016. And moderate voters are absolutely scared of the leftists in the Democrat party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections