Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 05:09 AM

1,839 posts, read 679,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Most so-called "latinos" whom I know are here legally, highly successful and are deeply offended by illegal immigration.

In any case, the vote is individual on a constituency-by-constituency basis. In spite of what would-be data collectors and propagandists say, on that basis I see no consistent evidence on the ground over the years every two years that this "ethnic" thing determines the results of elections.
Are they Puerto Rican or Mexican descent Latinos? They have differing views (or vote differently) than the Cuban descent Latinos in South Florida. I don't think it determines the results of elections, either, but illegal immigration affects Latinos more than it does for other bloc of voters.

Old 02-12-2020, 05:16 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,446,763 times
Bernie won Iowa.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:03 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Obama should stay out of it.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:04 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,095,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm willing to bet that every single Democrat running would absolutely love for the last Democrat President to endorse them as the nominee.
Obama thinks he is doing the Democrats a favor by not getting involved in the Primaries and saving his endorsements for the general. He should be thinking the opposite. Obama is not as popular for endorsements for independents and conservatives as he thinks. He would do better to endorse someone in the primaries who has a better chance to beat Trump.

I believe the reason he hasn't endorsed Biden is because he knew what Biden was doing to make his family members rich in the countries he was assigned to be point man for, long before Biden admitted that in his now famous brag video. I also believe the reason Obama never outed him for that is because there are a lot of other politicians that have done, and continue to do, the same things to enrich themselves, through family members. On both sides of the aisle.

Then there are the dumb statements from time to time that embarrassed Obama, during his administration.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:05 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Bernie won Iowa.
That's like saying Clinton won the election in 2016. Delegates, not popular vote, are what matter. Prior to this year, the only thing they announced was delegates. Take comfort where you can. Buttigieg looks like a real threat to Bernie and would have beaten him handily last night had Klobuchar not been in the race. As long as she stays in, Bernie is the front runner.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:15 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,550,083 times
Why would he support Buttigeig? Pete has less experience and is even less qualified than Obama was, and is left of Bernie on issues. Kolchebar would be more reasonable.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:20 AM

7,028 posts, read 2,726,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Obama thinks he is doing the Democrats a favor by not getting involved in the Primaries and saving his endorsements for the general. He should be thinking the opposite. Obama is not as popular for endorsements for independents and conservatives as he thinks. He would do better to endorse someone in the primaries who has a better chance to beat Trump.

I believe the reason he hasn't endorsed Biden is because he knew what Biden was doing to make his family members rich in the countries he was assigned to be point man for, long before Biden admitted that in his now famous brag video. I also believe the reason Obama never outed him for that is because there are a lot of other politicians that have done, and continue to do, the same things to enrich themselves, through family members. On both sides of the aisle.

Then there are the dumb statements from time to time that embarrassed Obama, during his administration.
Barack is once again voting "present". He is a joke.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:28 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,059,547 times
Buttigeig does well with educated white people under 50, but he would/will get creamed 1-1 vs Trump.

Obama likes Joe Biden too much to diss him like that, at least before Super Tuesday. If Joe is not top-3 by then, who knows. If it's still Sanders and Buttigeig, then Obama might try to shift the balance to Pete Inc. But if Biden is still in the mix then, which he very well might be, I wouldn't count on it.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:33 AM

74 posts, read 36,296 times
Just so you know....Bernies numbers will be pumped up by a nation wide effort on social media,talk radio and mailers by republicans voting for him in open primaries.The plan is to make him seem so popular that the can't deny him the nomination at a brokered convention.
And Trump will be waiting in glee.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:58 AM

3,074 posts, read 1,305,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiam2000 View Post
Just so you know....Bernies numbers will be pumped up by a nation wide effort on social media,talk radio and mailers by republicans voting for him in open primaries.The plan is to make him seem so popular that the can't deny him the nomination at a brokered convention.
And Trump will be waiting in glee.
I said last night that I’m convinced there are Republicans voting for him in these primaries. There was speculation Dems we’re voting for Trump in 2016 primaries too. The difference is I always felt there was a chance Trump could win. There is minimal chance Bernie can
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections