Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 09:18 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,594,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
They actually are selling caps and tee shirts that say that.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=flush+t...b_sb_ss_i_2_14

It's becoming a thing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 09:36 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,709,014 times
Considering the close margins in FL, NC, PA, WI and MI (Trump won by 300,000 votes out of 27M cast across all 5 states), it really is anyone's game. In my opinion, Biden has more paths to victory than Trump does. However, Trump DID win all of those states in 2016 and the presumption should be that he could do it again, unless proven otherwise. Polls early on are saying that those 5 states are all in jeopardy for Trump. I think come October we'll have a better idea.

If Trump spends a lot of time in FL and not in PA, he's probably in a heap of trouble. That means he's defending a state that has gone red the last 2 elections as well as in the last midterm (governor and senate). If Trump is attacking in MN, it probably means his campaign is confident that he'll win those 5 states listed above and they are reaching in MN, a fairly blue state. If that's what we see come October, either Trump is winning or made a Hillary Clinton-sized mistake on where to campaign.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:44 AM

24,576 posts, read 17,321,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Voter fraud is biden's only hope.

No one in their right mind and who loves america would vote for a mentally disabled candidate the dems and media are attempting to sell to the country as legitimate.

Seriously who can vote for biden after watching him try to string two related sentences together??????????

Like entering a stock 4 cylinder Ford Pinto with a blown head gasket and bald tires in the indy 500 and pretending it had a chance to win.

Something nefarious is afoot!!!!!!!!!!!!

unless victory for biden is defined as not slobbering food on his shirt during a meal.

Yes, voter fraud, mail in ballots etc etc... The Dems need to do something "nefarious" ( I like that word) to have a chance to win BUT they have done an excellent job since 2016 to deface, denounce and utterly destroy Trump in the eyes of the world and more importantly in the minds of the low information voter.

Biden has a chance if the mob of brain washed sheeple show up on election day and then Lord Help us.

If Biden wins it will at least be comical to watch the media do back flips in trying to convince us that he is the best thing since Obama.......

Old 05-19-2020, 10:06 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,198,062 times
I’m in Arizona and if Biden hopes to win here he’s going to have to emerge from his basement and do SOMETHING ....ANYTHING. Also people moving here from other states are not all dem. A lot of them are conservatives fleeing their liberal run states. I’m one of them.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,927,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Voter fraud is biden's only hope.

No one in their right mind and who loves america would vote for a mentally disabled candidate the dems and media are attempting to sell to the country as legitimate.

Seriously who can vote for biden after watching him try to string two related sentences together??????????

Like entering a stock 4 cylinder Ford Pinto with a blown head gasket and bald tires in the indy 500 and pretending it had a chance to win.

Something nefarious is afoot!!!!!!!!!!!!

unless victory for biden is defined as not slobbering food on his shirt during a meal.
Voter fraud is why I am so against mail in ballots only. I see absentee voting in some situations, but not as a plan for everyone and for all elecions.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:29 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,620,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I’m in Arizona and if Biden hopes to win here he’s going to have to emerge from his basement and do SOMETHING ....ANYTHING. Also people moving here from other states are not all dem. A lot of them are conservatives fleeing their liberal run states. I’m one of them.
Biden is up by 7 in the latest Arizona poll. Maybe hiding in his basement while Trump self destructs is a good strategy.

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/74535...esidential.pdf

Old 05-19-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
biden's first challenge to even having a path to victory in 2020 is to get out of his basement and start making some sense with his remarks. he has been dismal on social media in every way. even among democrats, he is perceived as a doddering old man with mental deficits.
And when he gets out of the basement God only knows what he might say or do. I actually feel sorry for him: he didn't want to run anyway I don't think: now he doesn't know quite what to do. He should be home, enjoying his family and enjoying the autumn of his life and not attempting to run the country in his twilight years

Old 05-19-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Those aren't the only 2016 tRump states that Biden will win in November.

Stick a fork in him.

Hate to say this, but I think you are dreaming. I doubt there are enough states that went Trump;s way to help Joe win. Of course this is just my opinion.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:38 AM

Biden in his basement = advantage over tRump.

"Never interrupt your opponent when he's self-destructing."

To paraphrase Sun Tsu.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Hate to say this, but I think you are dreaming. I doubt there are enough states that went Trump;s way to help Joe win.
tRump fatigue is at high levels and increasing daily. America can hardly wait to get to the polls and flush that stinker into the cesspool of history.

Quote:
Of course this is just my opinion.
OK, nita...

Thanks for sharing.

"Like, really smart."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections