Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 06:54 AM

11,986 posts, read 5,327,419 times

Advertisements

So says Bill Clinton’s old pollster, Doug Sosnik.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...-270-5-15.html

He examines the changing demographics in the key states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 07:00 AM

23,672 posts, read 17,362,794 times
Voter fraud is biden's only hope.

No one in their right mind and who loves america would vote for a mentally disabled candidate the dems and media are attempting to sell to the country as legitimate.

Seriously who can vote for biden after watching him try to string two related sentences together??????????

Like entering a stock 4 cylinder Ford Pinto with a blown head gasket and bald tires in the indy 500 and pretending it had a chance to win.

Something nefarious is afoot!!!!!!!!!!!!

unless victory for biden is defined as not slobbering food on his shirt during a meal.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:28 AM

10,129 posts, read 14,580,361 times
Biden may have a small shot to take one of those 3 states. He may have a shot.

Biden cannot logically form a sentence to inform folks what COVID is. How can Biden lead us out of this economic disaster, post-COVID?

Biden is not only exhibiting dementia, he's also corrupt, has 50 years+ of DC swamp experience and has sexual predator allegations swirling around him.

Biden ain't winning.

Old 05-19-2020, 07:35 AM

20,184 posts, read 23,922,277 times
How can someone win when the race is over and they already lost?

Old 05-19-2020, 07:52 AM

15,680 posts, read 10,469,551 times
biden's first challenge to even having a path to victory in 2020 is to get out of his basement and start making some sense with his remarks. he has been dismal on social media in every way. even among democrats, he is perceived as a doddering old man with mental deficits.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,640,804 times
Default “Biden’s Most Likely Winning Path is taking Michigan, Pennsylvania and ARIZONA”

Those aren't the only 2016 tRump states that Biden will win in November.

Stick a fork in him.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:40 AM

Apparently no one has read the document attached to the original post.

Doug Sosnik, Bill Clinton’s old pollster ranked the different ways that Biden could win in 2016.

1. The most likely in his mind was by taking Michigan, Pennsylvania and Arizona, with Arizona now being an easier state than Wisconsin.

2. The second most likely was Michigan, Pennsylvania and the second congressional districts of Maine and Nebraska.

3. Third most likely was the traditional Rust Belt Path of Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

4. Fourth was Michigan, Pennsylvania and North Carolina.

5. Finally, Florida plus anything else.

I’m not sure that I buy his central theme, which is that the political realignment that began in the early 1990’s is now “complete”. He says the process is complete, but also states like Arizona, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and Texas are on their way to becoming Blue States within the next decade. If they’re still in the process of transitioning I don’t see how he can say the realignment is complete. Also with Arizona and Wisconsin, he never really said whether it was a case of Arizona getting Bluer, Wisconsin turning more Red or somewhere in between. As a Democrat, I don’t think it’s a plus that he considers it easier to carry the 2nd congressional district of Nebraska than carrying Wisconsin.

But for those of us interested in hearing the nuts and bolts of electoral politics from a professional, I though some might find it interesting enough to discuss.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 05-19-2020 at 08:54 AM..

Old 05-19-2020, 08:44 AM

15,680 posts, read 10,469,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Apparently no one has read the document attached to the original post.

Doug Sosnik, Bill Clinton’s old pollster ranked the dif.ferent ways that Biden could win in 2016

1. The most likely in his mind was by taking Michigan, Pennsylvania and Arizona, with Arizona now being an easier state than Wisconsin.

2. The second most likely was Michigan, Pennsylvania and the second congressional districts of Maine and Nebraska.

3. Third most likely was the traditional Rust Belt Path of Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
Not correct as to the bolded. the path described in the linked paper postulates joe biden's potential paths for 2020, not 2016.

but if talking about 2016, biden would have beat trump. no doubt in my mind. in 2020, biden is a different man.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Those aren't the only 2016 tRump states that Biden will win in November.

Stick a fork in him.

They actually are selling caps and tee shirts that say that.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=flush+t...b_sb_ss_i_2_14

Old 05-19-2020, 09:17 AM

8,525 posts, read 8,920,544 times
I read the document. All the successful paths estimate a very close electoral college split. If Michigan looks "safe" in August, Biden might want to go for Senator Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin to try to get Wisconsin. VP are usually of marginal importance but Baldwin might make the difference in Wisconsin. The hope is that anyone from Midwest would help across several Midwest states but that may not be the case. Got to pick best one for electoral college impact.

I don't think the odds of winning Arizona are good and may not even be decent.

These scenarios assume no other "surprises". I was always expecting a tight race. I am probably less confident than I was even before.

Last edited by NW Crow; 05-19-2020 at 09:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections