Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2020, 07:51 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm kind of wondering if the Trump campaign is having real regrets about planning this, and is trying to force Oklahoma's hand to put the kibosh on this rally for the sake of public health.

Then Trump can say we woulda had a million people, but we weren't allowed to gather.

I give that scenario about a 40% chance of happening.

BTW, there WAS a million people rally involving Trump, but it was the Women's March on Washington AGAINST Trump. So there's that.
What Trump's campaign doesn't regret is harvesting the email addresses and phone numbers of the ticket applicants, which let's be realistic, was the only thing this was all about.
Come for the show, leave with a virus and robocalls and emails asking for money stacked up on your phone.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:27 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
You can't get to 20 million even when you calculate people driving 83 MPH the entire 3 hours, and that includes through small towns, of which there are many.

The BIG point here is, there aren't 20 million people in a 3 hour driving radius - there are about 1/4 that number of people, and if there isn't more hotel traffic than a usual weekend, there aren't a million people coming.

Hopefully, for Tulsa's sake.
You were proven wrong in your original attempt to discredit Trump. Admit it and move on. Even you are hedging your bets now which proves your original 4M # was pulled out of the air of make believe. I guessing the stuff about the hotels is made up too.

The fact is that Real America is with Trump and not with the idiot loudmouths. We know that is terrifying to some of you. I get it. Reality is hard to face.

1 million tickets requested for a Trump Rally. Biden gets 68. Reality. Not made up by the crooked & lying MSM.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:42 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You were proven wrong in your original attempt to discredit Trump. Admit it and move on. Even you are hedging your bets now which proves your original 4M # was pulled out of the air of make believe. I guessing the stuff about the hotels is made up too.

The fact is that Real America is with Trump and not with the idiot loudmouths. We know that is terrifying to some of you. I get it. Reality is hard to face.

1 million tickets requested for a Trump Rally. Biden gets 68. Reality. Not made up by the crooked & lying MSM.

You were proven wrong. By the very website you provided. Your statement that 20 million people live within a 3 hour drive of Tulsa is wrong.

I wasn't "discrediting Trump". I was discrediting you.

And if you want to look at hotel availability yourself, google hotels in Tulsa and put in that weekend as a search term as if you're trying to reserve a room.

Then to compare, put in a weekend later.

You can do it yourself. There isn't a bump in hotel rooms this weekend, despite it being Father's Day weekend and Trump's "million person rally".

Facts matter. And you can see them for yourself.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
and in this case that source is.....Brad Parscale. no independent source or way of confirming the data ( also no way of telling what are legitimate requests and which are pranks ).

but, if the demand truly is that high, why not move to a larger venue?
What's This? Larger Venue. Demand is so high they've now added a second place. Where are you wrecking ball. You said you'd come back and admit you were wrong.
“But it’s amazing. No one’s ever heard of numbers like this. We’re going to have a great time. We’re going to talk about our nation. We’re going to talk about where we’re going, where we’ve come from.”
Trump rally spills over into second Tulsa venue, and Pence announces he will also attend

Old 06-16-2020, 08:55 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Oh bring it -- I think every Trump voter should go and hug and shake hands and sing and dance and cheer -- yell really loudly........

Old 06-16-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Then to compare, put in a weekend later.

You can do it yourself. There isn't a bump in hotel rooms this weekend, despite it being Father's Day weekend and Trump's "million person rally".

Facts matter. And you can see them for yourself.
From the local paper.

Many hotels are already booked, indicating the high demand for rooms Saturday night.
The 55-room upscale Ambassador hotel in downtown Tulsa is without vacancy Saturday. Same goes for Tulsa Club Hotel (96 rooms) and Aloft Tulsa Downtown with its 180 guest rooms.

As usual, you're making up nonsense. And now the announcement they will be adding a 2nd venue to hold the crowds. Wrong again. ClaraC.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:59 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
What's This? Larger Venue. Demand is so high they've now added a second place. Where are you wrecking ball. You said you'd come back and admit you were wrong.
“But it’s amazing. No one’s ever heard of numbers like this. We’re going to have a great time. We’re going to talk about our nation. We’re going to talk about where we’re going, where we’ve come from.”
Trump rally spills over into second Tulsa venue, and Pence announces he will also attend
Respectfully, I think WreckingBall should have the option to wait until after Saturday night to "admit" he's wrong. This event hasn't occurred.

And Trump supporters - good news - there's still PLENTY of hotel rooms - there isn't a bump in reservations due to this rally.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Oh bring it -- I think every Trump voter should go and hug and shake hands and sing and dance and cheer -- yell really loudly........

Rather be there than a George Floyd riot. As would most of the USA.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
From the local paper.

Many hotels are already booked, indicating the high demand for rooms Saturday night.
The 55-room upscale Ambassador hotel in downtown Tulsa is without vacancy Saturday. Same goes for Tulsa Club Hotel (96 rooms) and Aloft Tulsa Downtown with its 180 guest rooms.

As usual, you're making up nonsense. And now the announcement they will be adding a 2nd venue to hold the crowds. Wrong again. ClaraC.
Did you even bother to check out hotel space in Tulsa? You don't have to enter you credit card information to do it.

HINT: When we go to Tulsa for Thanksgiving and Christmas, we have a much harder time than this booking a desirable room.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Respectfully, I think...
11 posts from you ClaraC to tell us this thing isn't real.

Must really have you vexed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.