Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 12:28 PM

24,055 posts, read 15,181,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
I am a conservative but two months ago I would have voted for Biden because Trump really lacks leadership qualities and the character that I would ideally like any leader to have. I already had known that for 3+ years but the COVID "response" from Trump's administration was the final straw.

However, the events of the last month have forced me to re-evaluate, as even though Biden is viewed as a moderate, I think a vote for Biden would be viewed as support for the chaos and violence that we've seen on the streets of some of our cities. I will never support or condone that type of violence. My real fear is that the pressure from the extreme far left will be so strong that Biden will be forced to put aside his moderate policies and beliefs and adopt their more extreme platform and policies.

We really need new leadership in both major parties and those leaders need to be sane, rational people who are much closer to the center than the current far-left and far-right leaders that seem to control both parties now.

A sure fire way to stop chaos is to elect a person who would send in the National guard and/or prison guards to rough up peaceful protesters so he can get his picture on tv standing in front of a church holding a Bible upside down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 12:32 PM

24,656 posts, read 17,395,308 times
Quote:
I am a conservative but two months ago I would have voted for Biden because Trump really lacks leadership qualities and the character that I would ideally like any leader to have. I already had known that for 3+ years but the COVID "response" from Trump's administration was the final straw.

However, the events of the last month have forced me to re-evaluate, as even though Biden is viewed as a moderate, I think a vote for Biden would be viewed as support for the chaos and violence that we've seen on the streets of some of our cities. I will never support or condone that type of violence. My real fear is that the pressure from the extreme far left will be so strong that Biden will be forced to put aside his moderate policies and beliefs and adopt their more extreme platform and policies.

We really need new leadership in both major parties and those leaders need to be sane, rational people who are much closer to the center than the current far-left and far-right leaders that seem to control both parties now.

I see Trump as closer to the center and more of a positive force for America to continue on as we know it and Love it. A vote for Biden is a vote for the mob that will send a clear message that burning, looting and violent protest gets results. A vote for Biden is a vote for Reparations, open borders and eventually amnesty for millions. A vote for Biden is also a vote for all the pet projects of the Left from disarming the public to releasing hardened prisoners to the Green New Deal to defunding/ disbanding Police department to tearing down our past.

Above all the Left flat out does not deserve to win. They have been acting like spoiled brats since Trump beat their gal and all they have done is to block everything he does, complain about the rest and divide us all along race and party lines.

They simply do not deserve to win.

Trump, Love Loathe or Lump he is really the only choice at this pivotal time in our nations History to ensure that our nation will survive and maybe by 2024 the Democrats can return out of Far out Left field to be more centered.

Old 06-21-2020, 12:33 PM

1,771 posts, read 1,702,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
A sure fire way to stop chaos is to elect a person who would send in the National guard and/or prison guards to rough up peaceful protesters so he can get his picture on tv standing in front of a church holding a Bible upside down.
There have been peaceful protests but you are willfully ignoring that there has been a lot more that has been going on that hasn't been peaceful at all. The violent acts and destruction are not acceptable and there would be no need for the national guard and no talk of the military if the protests had truly been completely peaceful.

Old 06-21-2020, 12:38 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,444,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Democrats and even Biden's campaign knows he is Un-Electable. That is why the VP choice is their main concern. And keeping him out of the spotlight as much as possible.
Ridiculous. The VP choice has rarely mattered. It might matter slightly more to Biden this year but you are basically seeing it as the whole country will view the election as between Trump and Biden's VP, and that's not how it's going to go down.

Biden will stand on the stage with Trump and like most elections voters will make their choice based on the top of the ticket.

Old 06-21-2020, 12:39 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,988,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
totally much ado about nothing. He's educated, a lawyer, etc.

dude, his ads are super low budget. No big deal.
the captions are correct though.

it's like he wanted to say "I'm coming to you for help" but changed his mind half way, and he and his staff were too lazy to do a retake.

he's doing them in one take.

as a mild grammar nazi, I was slightly bothered, but i'll give it a pass, because you know what he meant.

Okay. Maybe.

I think you're right. Biden had prepared "Folks, I'm coming to you for a favor" and got his wires crossed when "I'm coming to you to ask a favor" popped into his mind at the same time. Innocent mistake. But this is a presidential campaign, not a Go Fund Me plea for donations to pay down a college loan. And this is not just an attempt to unseat any old president, we're talking the most inept, corrupt, venial, narcissistic, in-it-only-for-my-own-gain leader in the history of this country--and when the stakes are that high and the media scrutinizes every syllable out of a politician's mouth, it becomes a pretty glaring error when Biden's mental capacity is already in question.

The only reason I think this hasn't made more waves is because the American public's knowledge of English grammar is at kindergarten level and so the mistake got past 99% of the electorate.

Old 06-21-2020, 12:40 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,040,082 times
Quote:

As a moderate person of color who wants someone dignified in the Oval Office, I agree with you 1000 percent. Dump them both and run NIKKI HALEY against KAMALA HARRIS. I want law and order but not a return to racism. I want a safety net and universal health care but not a total free for all. I want to end affirmative action as it hurts my ethic group for being overrepresented in certain fields but make sure that laws against discrimination are maintained.

Old 06-21-2020, 12:42 PM

24,818 posts, read 9,590,338 times
If Bernie supporters are serious about a “revolution” why would they support creepy sleepy Joe?

Old 06-21-2020, 12:42 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,988,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
They have been acting like spoiled brats since Trump beat their gal and all they have done is to block everything he does

Much like Moscow Mitch did when Obama won 2008.

Old 06-21-2020, 12:43 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,444,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
If Bernie supporters are serious about a “revolution” why would they support creepy sleepy Joe?
Because the alternative is a position much further removed from what they want perhaps?

Old 06-21-2020, 12:45 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,362,393 times
I'm not a liberal; but, I have great compassion for Biden related to his obvious and apparent "issues." I think Dementia is getting in for him, or some other health issue. And, despite that, the liberals are parading that man around and using him to push their agenda because he's their best chance at winning the election. THAT disgusts me. Have they no compassion or sympathy for the man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections