Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 12:46 PM

24,012 posts, read 15,106,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
There have been peaceful protests but you are willfully ignoring that there has been a lot more that has been going on that hasn't been peaceful at all. The violent acts and destruction are not acceptable and there would be no need for the national guard and no talk of the military if the protests had truly been completely peaceful.
When arrests are made then we will know who the violent ones are. Like has been pointed out on other post, one arrest was made due to the Tee shirt the person was wearing. And I pointed out people have been arrested for starting forest fires due to spies in the sky reading a license plate number.

Even guys in the Guard said there was no trouble when they had to clear Lafayette Square.

There is all kinds of footage showing a peaceful protest. What kind of idiot would start trouble a stones throw from the WH that has guards with guns on the roof and Secret Service all over the place?

Some who start trouble have no political persuasion. They are just thugs. But, it sounds like you object strongly to property destruction. Killing people suspected of wrong doing, not so much. Why do ours laws provide for trials, judges and/or juries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 12:48 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,073,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This is funny because I want to send a message to the Dems by voting a straight line Republican ticket. I'm not into looting and arson so this will be my act of civil disobedience...

Trump is certainly not ideal but Biden? What a mess.
Trump is dismantling your country.

Last edited by zortation; 06-21-2020 at 12:56 PM..

Old 06-21-2020, 01:27 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,249,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
Trump is dismantling your country.
We're good. Thanks, though!

Old 06-21-2020, 05:04 PM

19,828 posts, read 9,387,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Anyone who watches YouTube MSNBC, CNN videos of the latest news surely has had to see Biden's ad asking for support. The ad shockingly has Biden making a glaring grammatical error. One wonders why the Biden camp didn't yell "Cut" and reshoot it after telling Biden the correct way to make the request is: "Folks, I'm coming to you TO ask a favor."

Much ado about nothing? I don't think so. When our President can't even speak correct English he's either woefully ignorant like Trump or mentally deficient. I won't be voting FOR Biden when I vote for him this November, I'll be voting AGAINST Trump. I wonder how many others will be doing the same.
Yes, I caught that, too, and I was aghast -- not at the fact that he had a slip of the tongue -- heck, at age 66, I do that kind of thing at least once a day now, and so does my husband -- but that this was a professional ad with many opportunities for retakes, and it was a very simple and short statement. So my thought was, "If that was the best take of who knows how many takes (10, 20, 30, or even more), the Democrats and Biden are in BIG trouble."

I truly think that if Biden is elected, we are really electing his running mate.

Last edited by katharsis; 06-21-2020 at 05:15 PM..

Old 06-21-2020, 05:27 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,343,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
My real fear is that the pressure from the extreme far left will be so strong that Biden will be forced to put aside his moderate policies and beliefs and adopt their more extreme platform and policies.
That's exactly what will happen. A vote for Biden is a vote for the far-left, period.

Old 06-21-2020, 05:42 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,100,394 times
Quote:
Anyone who watches YouTube MSNBC, CNN videos of the latest news surely has had to see Biden's ad asking for support. The ad shockingly has Biden making a glaring grammatical error. One wonders why the Biden camp didn't yell "Cut" and reshoot it after telling Biden the correct way to make the request is: "Folks, I'm coming to you TO ask a favor."

Much ado about nothing? I don't think so. When our President can't even speak correct English he's either woefully ignorant like Trump or mentally deficient. I won't be voting FOR Biden when I vote for him this November, I'll be voting AGAINST Trump. I wonder how many others will be doing the same.
As I stated in another thread, his vocal gaffes are the least of his problems.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:08 PM

18,482 posts, read 8,303,847 times
Quote:
Much like Moscow Mitch did when Obama won 2008.
..we have to ram it down your throat....so we can read what's in it

If you guys think Biden is a moderate, you're nuts....

...he a career politician...has done nothing else.....he will do whatever it takes and that includes swinging so far left you need shots and a visa to see him

Old 06-21-2020, 06:24 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,908,297 times
Quote:

I'm voting for the best PERSON, like I always do, regardless of party! This year, the best PERSON is Trump, NOT Biden and his not best qualified VP minority, or fake Indian, running mate.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:39 PM

15,861 posts, read 6,561,252 times
Gaffs are his superpower. It will make his term in office more interesting.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:42 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Joe just needs to hire his own Kellyanne to explain he didn't say what they heard him say, seems to work pretty well for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections